PDA

View Full Version : [TUT] Making Vehicles float on water

kid
February 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM
This is H2v. So ppl hate me and all the Nooby shit. But Still. I made this a while ago and just decided to post it.

It shows how to make vehicles float on water. Obviously enough for boats.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3090

I just rel. I sound ALOT younger LOL.

Syuusuke
February 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Cool, even though I think there was a tut on this already, but still.

To address your signature, people can still -rep you, we just won't be able to see it.

Gamerkd16
February 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Cool, even though I think there was a tut on this already, but still.

To address your signature, people can still -rep you, we just won't be able to see it.
Nor is it a good idea to taunt them. That never helps your case.

This is the technique they use for boats in maps? Maps like IslandHop?

supersniper
February 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Or Hydrolisis

kid
February 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
yea this is it. tiamat posted it on island hop. It took me a bit to actually get the right materials names.

Sel
February 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Vehicle floor :\

Jay2645
February 5th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Or, you can do the more complex way, and make a special material that everything except vehicles can go through (Like the Bubble Shield remakes, but with different pass-through permissions), and then you can have submarines and such.

malolo420
February 7th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Or, you can do the more complex way, and make a special material that everything except vehicles can go through (Like the Bubble Shield remakes, but with different pass-through permissions), and then you can have submarines and such.
its not a special material, its just disabling the collision of scenery with the object_set_collideable script.

Edit: oh wait, someone did that with a bubble shield? You can't script that, I think. I don't know why they'd do that though cause in H3 vehicles can go through bubble shields

Roostervier
February 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Vehicles can go through the bubble shield in CE as well. <_<

Kiwibird
February 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Really? I am intrigued. I would appreciate it if you explained more. Perhaps in a PM. Does this method work online?

Jay2645
February 29th, 2008, 12:40 AM
It was HDoan and FlamingRain who did it, you would have to ask them. CAD gave them the idea, but he never elaborated on it.
I think I have a general idea of how it works, but I haven't tested it yet.

SnaFuBAR
February 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
i don't think a submarine would work correctly, since they have to break the water plane, but not completely. you could use some flat-topped collision model to line up with the water plane, but then shooting the coning tower wouldn't do any damage :v i could be totally wrong, but it doesn't seem feasible in any decent way.

Kalub
February 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Why are you guys doing it the hard way?

Oh well, I'll let you figure it out, but Snaf's idea wouldn't work unless you spawned the vehicle already under the plane