PDA

View Full Version : Allergies??? or any thing related u wanna talk bout

Apoc4lypse
February 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
So yeah... I'm writing this cuz I have nothing better to do and mostly because I can't do what I was doing at the moment when it happened because my allergy's are going nuts. I was ready to begin doing some sanding and grinding work for a snowboard repair I'm doing and I was getting an extension cord. I found one under a table in the corner of a room. Or just some place where theres plenty of dust. Anyway I've been sniffling all day from the cold and such with a runny nose and so I was bringing this cord down to the basement and as I was going down the stairs I managed to sniff up a dust bunny that came off the extension cord. It actually went all the way up my nose into my nasal cavity or passage.

At first I was startled by the feeling, but then slowly but surely I started going nuts after realizing what had happened. My eyes were watering like crazy, and all I could think of to do was sneeze as hard as I could to try and dislodge the stupid thing. Point being I knew what was in my nose and it was clearly unwelcome, my first thought was get that shit out now.

So yeah after realizing the sneezing wasn't going to work I decided to do the opposite like I would when trying to cough up a lougie, and it worked, and vollah a big lump of dust and lint and shit got coughed out of me. This is probably one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever experienced. Especially since I'm terrible when it comes to dust and things related to it. I'm still caughing and shit from this. Was the most annoying thing ever.

I'm just curious has this ever happened to anyone else. I mean I've heard of inhaling them through the mouth and coughing, but actually inhaling it fully through your nose. At first I was like, that didn't just happen did it. That can't happen can it lol. eek that was fuken nasty...

yea I'm bored... discuss and share haha I bet theres better alergic reactions people have had then mine. Mine wasn't life threatening or anything. Just extremely uncomfortable and unexpected. One thing I think I would have sneezed my self to death if I didn't get that thing out of me lol.

Con
February 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I got a grass seed lodged inside my tear duct once if that counts :\

one of these for size comparison:
http://www.purewellwater.com/attachments/Image/Grass-seed_low_res_jpeg.jpg

it felt a whole lot bigger o_O

DrunkenSamus
February 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I watched the Superbad credits and my fingers transformed into dicks.:-3

Bodzilla
February 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM
i have no allergies, no asthma, nothing.

i'm one of those weird people thats perfectly healthy.

SnaFuBAR
February 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
i'm allergic to pepsi. my hands swelled like balloons and i had to go to emergency and get injections...

ExAm
February 6th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I get blue dots all over me if I take penicillin :v

Timo
February 6th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I have a small allergy to peanuts.

Bodzilla
February 6th, 2008, 04:26 AM
lol so far i'm the only Non allergic person here.

gg Gene pool.

alby
February 6th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I don't have allergies, but this one time in Italy I broke my knee if that's related.

n00b1n8R
February 6th, 2008, 04:59 AM
this one time I broke out in hives all down the right side of my chest, had to go to the hospital (I might have been hyperventilating too, i can't remember..)

oh, and idiots give me a pain in my ass.

Bodzilla
February 6th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Do Not want.

It's sad that these days the Gene pool has been seriously depleted by modern science. Where not healthier and stronger then ever before, where actually weaker with all the allergies and disease's that are now inherited.

People that caught these kind of problems a 100 years ago Died, and the Gene pool was better because of it. But now thanks to modern medicine these people survive, reproduce and pass on there defective genes to other people, hence why we have ridiculous rates of allergies, Diabetes and other heart disease's.
and the problems are only gunna get worse.

But the Alternative is just as bad.
i reckon we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. And later on down the Line when the Costs of keeping these people alive becomes unbearable i wonder whats gunna happen.

What will happen when it simply becomes to expensive to keep allergic patients alive, what happens when the costs of things like Penicillin continue to grow exponentially.

where is the money gunna come from?

nooBBooze
February 6th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Im addicted to oxygen. I really tried to get off this stuff but appearantly i lack discipline. even now while im typing this, i take a breath every 2 seconds. im horrible i know. :(

also, mr. adolph had the perfect solution fot that, bodzilla ;/

n00b1n8R
February 6th, 2008, 06:04 AM
the only trouble was, his aim was a bit off.

tbqh, if we kull all the idiots in the world, the genepool would be much better because of it.

n00b for dictator of the world!!

MNC
February 6th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Past summer when I swam in our swimming pool I would break out in hives over my whole body. It was really odd. Never had it before. And 5 minutes after I would get it, it was over. We checked the whole bath, nothing was wrong.

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm allergic to idiots. OH SHIT HERE COMES ANOTHER ONE! I don't know if I'll make it through this one!

Other than that, I'm not allergic to anything else.

king_nothing_
February 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm allergic to cats and hay. Didn't stop me from handling hay bails, though. It just kinda sucked. As for cats, I just try to not touch them.

JunkfoodMan
February 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
i have no allergies, no asthma, nothing.

i'm one of those weird people thats perfectly healthy.

This ^^^

FireDragon04
February 6th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm allergic to Nuts and Root Vegetables.
I also can't swallow tablets (like medicine stuff) i puke lol.

And i have scoliosis, and my the bottom vertebra of my spine is cracked and nerves spew out, so i cant do action/sports (or much walking) or i could half paralyze myself. [/Slightly unrelated]

Abstract.Error
February 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'm artificially allergic to clowns, I see one, I freak out.

Apoc4lypse
February 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Do Not want.

It's sad that these days the Gene pool has been seriously depleted by modern science. Where not healthier and stronger then ever before, where actually weaker with all the allergies and disease's that are now inherited.

People that caught these kind of problems a 100 years ago Died, and the Gene pool was better because of it. But now thanks to modern medicine these people survive, reproduce and pass on there defective genes to other people, hence why we have ridiculous rates of allergies, Diabetes and other heart disease's.
and the problems are only gunna get worse.

But the Alternative is just as bad.
i reckon we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. And later on down the Line when the Costs of keeping these people alive becomes unbearable i wonder whats gunna happen.

What will happen when it simply becomes to expensive to keep allergic patients alive, what happens when the costs of things like Penicillin continue to grow exponentially.

where is the money gunna come from?

Interesting point... XD either medicine will one day win out, or everyone will turn on each other and just decide all the unhealthy folks need to go to clean the human gene pool. :eek:

EDIT:

And i have scoliosis, and my the bottom vertebra of my spine is cracked and nerves spew out, so i cant do action/sports (or much walking) or i could half paralyze myself. [/Slightly unrelated]

That fuken blows O_O

Roostervier
February 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I have asthma and allergies to most everything (only the sneezing and runny nose type, nothing like hives or death). Also, I'm mildly allergic to cats.

Sel
February 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
My parents thought I was lactose intollerant because I shat myself.

When I was 2.

Someone forgot to tell them that babies have a tendency to shat themselves.

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Oh I forgot, I believe I have an extremely slight reaction to apples. The glands in the back of my mouth become slightly swollen. Or it might just be pesticides.

Fuck.

m13120
February 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Peanuts

Con
February 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
My parents thought I was lactose intollerant because I shat myself.

When I was 2.

Someone forgot to tell them that babies have a tendency to shat themselves.
rofl

paladin
February 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Peanuts

Me too. Someone put peanut butter in my sandwich one time at school and I had to go to the hospital. My throat swelled up and I couldn't breath. Other than that I am not really allergic to anything specific, just girls.

Varmint260
February 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know if I have any unusual allergies to anything, but of course I can't breathe when I wake up in the morning because the place is dusty and it clogs my sinuses. Well, that's not really an allergy, just dust particles drying up the mucus...

I guess I don't have allergies! Well, except to people who lack common sense, but then, I'm not perfect either. Must mean I'm partly allergic to myself.

Hotrod
February 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not allergic to anything, and I'm happy to be that way. Most people I know aren't allergic to anything.

n00b1n8R
February 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
If this is becoming a post your asorted medical conditions thread, then I'll mention this pain I get in the back of my knee when i've been sitting down too long. It starts after about half an hour or soo then gradually gets worse.

Went to get a dock to check it out, we tried a few things like excersising my back (in the process noticing a very mild scoliosis). When that didn't work I went for an MRI scan of my knee. Turns out that I had water on the knee and the damage to it was as though I'd pulled my kneecap out of place then stuck it back in very roughly (which would have hurt like hell and didn't happen). That, and my kneecap was drifing to the right, and out of the groove it was meant to slot into. The pain appeared to be refered from there (nobody was quite sure why..)

Anyways, a month and a half of leg excersises later and my leg is mostly find :D

Oh, and for the last 6 months-ish I've been getting these.. lines.. on my back on both sides of my spine.. nobody knows why (they can be a tiny bit tender).

Warsaw
February 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Penicillin and anything related, as well as Seclore (SP?). Also, the IB Programme.

Gamerkd16
February 7th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I believe I am allergic to cut grass seeing how every time I mow the lawn I get a runny nose and watery eyes.

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Oh, and for the last 6 months-ish I've been getting these.. lines.. on my back on both sides of my spine.. nobody knows why (they can be a tiny bit tender).
Say hello to the Joys of being a Tall mother fucker.

what your like 6ft 4 arnt you n00b.

there called Stretch marks. Basically your skin is being streteched and thinned and tearing because it cant keep up with your bones growing.

They fade in time but yeah.
i dont know wat the fuck is going on but i havnt grown in more then a Year, and in the last month i've got Stretch marks on one side of my back.
ONLY on one side.
and i havnt grown.

figure that shit out.

ExAm
February 7th, 2008, 01:16 AM
oh, and idiots give me a pain in my ass.You too?

p0lar_bear
February 7th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I'm mildy lactose intolerant; I can handle ice cream and 2% milk, but whole milk kicks my ass.

Also, I don't know what the fuck I'm actually sneeze-sniffle-allergic to. Some days I'm rolling in dust and I'll be totally fine, and other days I'll wake up eyes bloated and nose congested. :/

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2008, 05:40 AM
You too?
Yeah, but I just found that a shotgun shell applied directly to the cause at high velocity can cure it pretty quickly.

Expect news of my breakthrough to be on international news this time tomorrow :awesome:

Emmzee
February 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm allergic to not n00b's penis.

TeeKup
February 7th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I go into shock if I see my own blood, besides that I'm perfectly fine.

Sever
February 7th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Too bad. You'd make a good emo. lol.

TeeKup
February 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I beg your pardon?

Hotrod
February 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Also, the IB Programme.

The IB isn't all that bad...

ODX
February 7th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Blah, if there was the worst allergy ever, it would definitely be a peanut allergy. Really, I look at the back of every f***ing box of food I haven't already eaten, and half the time I see "May contain traces of peanuts" and then I get really mad. But, having an allergy of 6/7, I don't take those risks....

Warsaw
February 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
The IB isn't all that bad...

It isn't, but we joke about it anyways. :lol:

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm allergic to not n00b's penis.
It's not time for your injection yet, I haven't been able to get enough supply's in since the last one <:mad:>

Jay2645
February 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I have carpal tunnel, so I SHOULDN'T be playing videogames, but I do anyway. Bad habit, not really an allergy, though. I don't have any real allergies.

Xegrot
February 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Dust is my enemy. It makes my nose itch and burn and sends me into an occasional coughing fit, but other than that I don't usually get sick. That's why whenever I do get sick, it's really bad.

ExAm
February 8th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, but I just found that a shotgun shell applied directly to the cause at high velocity can cure it pretty quickly.

Expect news of my breakthrough to be on international news this time tomorrow :awesome:Quite so.

sreeja
February 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Most of the persons are allergic about dust.I also.It is so irritating.What is the solution for this?