PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Crysis... Plus cheats and hacks!

Cortexian
February 7th, 2008, 12:36 AM
So, for those of you that play Crysis online, do you happen to see a lot of cheaters (1 hit SMG shots, speedhacks, etc)? I see them all the time, even on PunkBuster servers, it's pretty sad tbqh. The only time law is enforced is when there is an active server admin online...

Hell, I've gone as far as researching these hacks, weapon mods are extremely simple to do, it's just editing XML files for Christs sake. I have a modified SMG.XML that makes the SMG do 200 (2 shot kill) damage, no recoil, and no spray (basically perfect accuracy). It took me like 30 seconds to do.

Any ideas on stopping this?

Jay2645
February 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Get moar admins.

Nothing else you can do, sadly. XML files are really easy to change, and unless they release a patch that makes sure that all the game's XML files are the standard ones before allowing people online, then you're screwed.

jngrow
February 7th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah... but thats what makes the sandbox editor etc. so fun, easy XML edits, etc. But all in all yeah, MP kinda = suck.

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2008, 12:58 AM
wow they went all out in designing this game :D!

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I'd unhack your smg, before punkbuster gets fixed (like that's gona happen, but may as well be on the safe side :p )

CrAsHOvErRide
February 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Iol.

Cortexian
February 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I'd unhack your smg, before punkbuster gets fixed (like that's gona happen, but may as well be on the safe side :p )
Yea, I just did that to fuck around. You know, give the cheaters a taste of their own medicine, it didn't work. They all started flying around the map killing my with pistols that froze you with one shot and then killed me with a mellee from half way across the map.

I keep backups of any game files I modify, it's a simple matter of re-compressing the original XML back into the right pak file.

Con
February 7th, 2008, 09:56 AM
wow, why would they make it so easy to cheat -_-

Limited
February 7th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Wow, one of the most anticipated PC games, the MP is ruined by such a simple flaw. Hopefully they will fix it, so has PB banned any type of hacking (i.e. it might not even be working/turned on properly in the game)

Zeph
February 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM
wow, why would they make it so easy to cheat -_-

Because they didn't want to make it hard to create and manage mods/conversions.

Kornman00
February 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Umm, hello? Have they never heard of digital signatures? Hell, even Halo CE had a system for checking for changes in what the user and server had (simple as it may be).

legionaire45
February 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Umm, hello? Have they never heard of digital signatures? Hell, even Halo CE had a system for checking for changes in what the user and server had (simple as it may be).
Well you see, they don't need it. They must have taken into account the system requirements and the fact that most people play the game at 640 x 480 with everything set to low (so you can't even see the enemy when they are 10 feet in front of you) at 5 FPS and are using that as their anticheat :downs:.

In seriousness.....um, Crytek...so you spend years developing this game, poring thousands of man-hours of work into it and then you forget to make it so that the end user can't do something like change an XML file to cheat?

:smith:.

I can't wait until this game hits the Xbox 360 and the PS3 :D.

Cortexian
February 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Crysis on consoles will be less then or equal to suck.

Dr Nick
February 9th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Because they didn't want to make it hard to create and manage mods/conversions.
Dumbest idea ever, IMO.

soccerbummer1104
February 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
i hate those hackers. they ruin the crysis multi player... :(, but as to punk buster, yes, there are over 550 ppl that are banned/blacklisted

jngrow
February 15th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Crysis on consoles will be less then or equal to suck.

It's more doable than you think.

Cortexian
February 15th, 2008, 02:21 AM
It's more doable than you think.
Please name me a console with DirectX 10.1 support.

:gtfo:.

StankBacon
February 15th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Please name me a console with DirectX 10.1 support.

:gtfo:.

............ what?

Bodzilla
February 15th, 2008, 03:04 AM
It's best to ignore Dribble Bacon :)

Cortexian
February 15th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Crysis on a console. No consoles have true DX 10 or 10.1 support. Why play Crysis without that. Defeats the purpose of the game.

Bodzilla
February 15th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Neither does XP :downs:

JunkfoodMan
February 15th, 2008, 06:14 AM
You don't need DX10 to run the game on Very High...

n00b1n8R
February 15th, 2008, 06:28 AM
you don't need dx 10 to run the game at all.

Sel
February 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Is there a hack to improve crysis' framrate :downs:

Cortexian
February 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
SO, apparently none of you have actually tried running Crysis with DirectX 10 enabled... The game was designed to be DX10.

JunkfoodMan
February 15th, 2008, 09:38 AM
But it doesn't need DX10 to run with DX10 settings :downs:

Cortexian
February 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Actually, it does. Why do you think you can't play on a DX10 server with a DX9 setup I wonder? DX10 and "Very High" are not the same thing people ;).

Monopoly
February 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM

A modified cfg doesn't equate to DX10. Crytek is addressing this cheating issue in patch 1.2, they have a weekly update over at crymod on the status of what they're doing and it's really interesting. They take requests from the community and implement them into their patches, the amount of activity their devs spend with the community is amazing.

Bodzilla
February 15th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Actually, it does. Why do you think you can't play on a DX10 server with a DX9 setup I wonder? DX10 and "Very High" are not the same thing people ;).
Because it's a microsoft ploy to get you to buy Vista. :downs:
hook line and sinker to be honest.

How about you do a bit of Research on crysis, play it on XP and enable the "very high settings" by playing with some Configs.
you'll notice something strange.
"OH WAIT? this looks exactly the same as it does in vista on Very high settings :O :O"
and that is because 95% of the game is actually Dx9. They just locked some of the nicer DX9 features out, threw in few gimmicky Dx10 features (you probably wont be able to tell the difference) and said it could only look this good if you buy a DX10 card and Windows Vista.

jngrow
February 15th, 2008, 05:56 PM
edit:Nvm, what zilla said.

JunkfoodMan
February 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Because it's a microsoft ploy to get you to buy Vista. :downs:
hook line and sinker to be honest.

How about you do a bit of Research on crysis, play it on XP and enable the "very high settings" by playing with some Configs.
you'll notice something strange.
"OH WAIT? this looks exactly the same as it does in vista on Very high settings :O :O"
and that is because 95% of the game is actually Dx9. They just locked some of the nicer DX9 features out, threw in few gimmicky Dx10 features (you probably wont be able to tell the difference) and said it could only look this good if you buy a DX10 card and Windows Vista.

Would +rep if I could.

Cortexian
February 17th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Zilla, please blow trees apart on DX9, kthx.

Also, console gfx still won't be powerful enough to equal Very High settings.

Bodzilla
February 17th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Zilla, please blow trees apart on DX9, kthx.

Also, console gfx still won't be powerful enough to equal Very High settings.
your saying it's impossible to have Destructible scenery on a DX9 card?
:lmao:

trust me babe, look it up and stop believing EA and Microsoft, because otherwise your bound for a world of hurt :)

Cortexian
February 17th, 2008, 05:52 AM
your saying it's impossible to have Destructible scenery on a DX9 card?
:lmao:

trust me babe, look it up and stop believing EA and Microsoft, because otherwise your bound for a world of hurt :)
We aren't talking about destructible scenery on DX9. We're talking about Crysis. I don't care what CAN be done for Crysis, I'm talking about what will. I doubt that they'll bother with the DX10 features that work best in DX10 on a console version of Crysis, which I also doubt will happen.

Also, huzzah Patch 1.2, thread derailed and off-topic.