PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm Down With the Sickness...

Jay2645
February 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM
...the Flu, to be exact. Spent the last 3 days in bed, first two I couldn't even get out of bed. I'm getting better, but it could take a while. My GF's brother had it, I think I caught it from him.

chicane
February 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
what exactly were you doing with your gf's brother?

Jay2645
February 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
He was just coughing on everything, so I would imagine I must have touched something he had coughed on.

DrunkenSamus
February 11th, 2008, 10:15 PM
He was just coughing on everything, so I would imagine I must have touched something he had coughed on.

You sure you didn't do anything else?

STLRamsFan
February 11th, 2008, 10:21 PM
That sucks man. Eat some chicken noodle soup, drink some orange juice and of course take some nitequil (however you spell it). That always helps me out. And if you're able to, going outside and doing some activity (even if it's just walking) to get the blood going wouldn't hurt. Doing nothing only makes you feel worse. Hope you feel better soon man.

Mass
February 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I was sick just last thursday. But not the flu, luckily.

SuperSunny
February 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Every year right before my midterms I get a chronic sickness. It begins with flu-like symptoms then terrible Bacterial Pink-Eye. It sucks!

Take into suggestion as stated above! Chicken Noodle Soup kicks ass.

STLRamsFan
February 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
The weird thing is, I have never gotten the flu whenever I run in horribly cold weather. I've gotten sick maybe once or twice because of cold weather during a run but that's about it. Then again I'm used to cold weather during a run so that might explain it.

chicane
February 11th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I had a flu last Tuesday myself, fortunately it was real quick. When your stomach feels up to eating, children chicken noodle soup does help.

Sever
February 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Every year right before my midterms I get a chronic sickness. It begins with flu-like symptoms then terrible Bacterial Pink-Eye. It sucks!

Glad I don't get anything that bad - All that happens to me is a sinus cold whenever the seasons change. I can withstand both extreme heat and extreme cold, but my body has to adjust from one mode to another.

Being sick, whatever the circumstances, is no fun. Feel better!

n00b1n8R
February 12th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I got aids from emmzee. bastard said he had a condom on :smith: