PDA

View Full Version : Obay me! One way or another...

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Okay so there's these really frickin' creepy ads floating around town... and according to the internet -- several cities across Canada. (Maybe further -- but the talks about it I've seen are all Canadian).

**Sorry about the long pic -- shot tags didn't help much**

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Phopojijo/img5521hi4.jpg

There's no known affiliation, no website -- but it's OBVIOUS they're making jokes. "My kids used to have ideas of their own... Obay fixed that!"

So my logic based speculations:

1) It's a viral ad campaign...
2) It appears to be anti-pharmaceutical...
3) It got a lot of money so it's affiliated with something big...
4) It appears to be only in Canada.
5) No website nor contact info -- so it's phase 1 of something.

Canadian Government? Health Canada? Parenting?

... or a poor marketing campaign by the makers of Ritalin? :p

Emmzee
February 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Clearly a joke by a bunch of parents pissed at all the pseudo-medicines floating around that supposedly control kid's behavior.

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Clearly a joke by a bunch of parents pissed at all the pseudo-medicines floating around that supposedly control kid's behavior.The thing is -- these ads are national and everywhere... it's got a bit more money than just a couple of parents...

PlasbianX
February 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Funny how its two asians. Last time I was in canada I could have sworn I was in china.

LlamaMaster
February 12th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Funny how its two asians. Last time I was in canada I could have sworn I was in china.
I no rite? I went to Vancouver about 7 months ago, and I swear I've never seen so many Asians in one place before.

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Vancouver

Yea.

Bodzilla
February 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
hmmm.

i wonder whats going on.

TeeKup
February 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
The kid looks cute.

Emmzee
February 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM
The kid looks cute.
Fucking pedophile.

TeeKup
February 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Love you too babe.

Bl_Job
February 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Its probably something along the lines of those Concerned Children's Advertisers-esque things, its satirical.
But I'm still looking for those damned house hippos.

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Its probably something along the lines of those Concerned Children's Advertisers-esque things, its satirical.
But I'm still looking for those damned house hippos.In this forum -- expect a page of "Yo Momma" jokes...

Emmzee
February 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
But I'm still looking for those damned house hippos.
You can find one by looking at your mom.

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM
You can find one by looking at your mom.See what I mean? It's like prison... and everyone's got a sawed-off ruler for a shiv.

Emmzee
February 12th, 2008, 09:34 PM
See what I mean? It's like prison... and everyone's got a sawed-off ruler for a shiv.
H2V as a prison...

Boba's the one who gets raped in the showers and enjoys it.

Bodzilla
February 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
i do not understand any of the last 5 posts.

.__.

n00b1n8R
February 12th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I no rite? I went to Vancouver about 7 months ago, and I swear I've never seen so many Asians in one place before.
Hi, welcome to Brisbane.

also, can teekie be the jail house bitch?

Phopojijo
February 25th, 2008, 12:31 AM
http://torontoist.com/2008/02/obay.php

Turns out it's from the Ontario college conglomerate. They're making a "Media Launch Event" at Centennial College.

Given this information -- probably designed as a "let your kids make their own decisions... University is not NECESSARILY the best choice" thingie. You know "Don't live through your kids... let them choose their own lives".

MNC
February 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
WhyBecauseISaidSo :-3

Phopojijo
February 25th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Turns out I was right -- most of the ads got replaced by "Luckily Obay doesn't really exist... let your kids decide their own futures. (and a link to Ontario Colleges website)"