PDA

View Full Version : So some idiot on xfire just told me he's going to shoot up his school.

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
What should I do?

[̲̅M̲̅̅e̲̅c̲̲̅̅h̲̅]ಠ_ಠ___: bye im gonna go shoot up my school[

Usernamepoopyplate
StatusI'm gonna go shoot up my school NIU northern illinois university

S3anyBoy
February 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ask to help
GOGOGO

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Holy shit its actually on the news!

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html

nooBBooze
February 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
and you talked to him how long ago?

STLRamsFan
February 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Report to the police the information you have. I'm sure they would love the evidence.

Gamerkd16
February 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Are you serious? Look above. The link was posted.

LlamaMaster
February 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM
What the hell? Does that mean you know a killer? You should of reported it the moment he said that to be honest. This shit isn't a joke anymore, it's happing everywhere.

Emmzee
February 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Holy shit.

Emmzee
February 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Not to detract from the serious events, but:

At least two people are reported down in DuSable Hall, and one person was shot in the head, according to eyewitness reports. It could not be confirmed if it was from a gunshot.

Source. (http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2008/02/14/news/latest_news/news01.txt)

Last I checked, if you're shot in the head, it's probably from a gunshot.

Ki11a_FTW
February 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Holy shit.

El Lobo
February 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Damn, know a few people that go there.

Huero
February 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
This happens at least once a month in America... :I

Syuusuke
February 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Mech?

Emmzee
February 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Mech?
Not the one we know.

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Well, I notified MSNBC (cause CNN sucks) with what I know. If they decide to contact me back I'll let you guys know whats going on.

E3pO
February 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
[17:53] [»ШМ«]ĦдĮΩĢﮞяﮞ: hes 14 and still online
[17:53] [»ШМ«]ĦдĮΩĢﮞяﮞ: so it cant be him can it
[17:53] [»ШМ«]ĦдĮΩĢﮞяﮞ: http://www.xfire.com/profile/poopyplate/
[17:53] [»ШМ«]ĦдĮΩĢﮞяﮞ: you don't go to uni at 14

Emmzee
February 14th, 2008, 04:58 PM
He must know the shooter then.

SL1CK1337
February 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Unless he is lying about his age, but it is pretty stupid to put that as your status.

Syuusuke
1)You can be lying about your age
2) You can be someone else
3) You can lie that you're the one that's going to do it, so that means he knew it was going to happen
4) The shooter could have used his brother's account?

StankBacon
he xfired me too..

[16:13] [̲̅M̲̅̅e̲̅c̲̲̅̅h̲̅]ಠ_ಠ___: bye guys
[16:13] [̲̅M̲̅̅e̲̅c̲̲̅̅h̲̅]ಠ_ಠ___: IMMA GO GET A HIGH SCORE

http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/633297Untitled.png

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
2 words
Holy Shit.

And then suicide? so noone died except the shooter? :S

S3anyBoy
February 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Epic.

Emmzee
February 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
It's over, he's dead.

StankBacon
February 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
http://www.niu.edu/alert/campus_alert.shtml

updates.

Sel
February 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Yawn, this only happens like what?

Weekly in the US?

Snowy
February 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Bad news for gamers.

I think I can already hear Jack Thomson blaming video games for this.

Sel
February 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Bad news for gamers.

I think I can already hear Jack Thomson blaming video games for this.

Halo is going to be an AO game now, O noz.

Wonder how long till this guy is on http://www.spreekillers.org/

Then we can find out who it was.

n00b1n8R
February 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM
how long between masterz getting the xfail message, and the shooting happening?

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2008, 05:52 PM
So you all know, me and bacon have determined it's just mechs cousin being a retard. The time frames don't match.

StankBacon
February 14th, 2008, 05:53 PM
brother*

Donut
February 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
thats still not funny, whether hes joking or not

Teh Ganon
February 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
How niggardly of him

Donut
February 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM
you know ganon, thats really funny becuase i actually saw that word in a vocabulary book at school last week. it supposedly has nothing to do with the racial slur but..... yeah im not gonna say anything else because i already see myself becoming the next h2v hated person here

Syuusuke
February 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Oh, I should've noted the times.

Also you do a bad job at censoring names >D: babyturk

Sel
February 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
How niggardly of him

nig·gard·ly
adj.

1)Grudging and petty in giving or spending.
2)Meanly small; scanty or meager: left the waiter a niggardly tip.

Donut
February 14th, 2008, 07:54 PM
which is why i laughed at the word

t3h m00kz
February 14th, 2008, 08:17 PM
wtf wow. You sure that guy in the news was him?

Xetsuei
February 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
That's just Mech's brother Eric. He's a fag.

StankBacon
February 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
we already established that.

>.>

lol, i forgot his name was eric, you just confused the shit out of me.

<.<

Bodzilla
February 14th, 2008, 11:52 PM
dude it wouldnt be mech >__>
it'd just be him having a very distasteful joke about something he just heard.

also gg america, Once again you've carried the flag for us all. If only we could be more like you. God bless the greatest country on the earth.

Limited
February 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Fucking hell another school shooting. I understand some people want to kill themselves but why take down innocent people you dont even know. Its not even like it was a vendetta thing or any thing, that he got revenge. He just decided to go kill some random people? Freaking ridiculous.

Thoughts go out to all the families of those effected.

Flyboy
February 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Apparently their considering arming responsible students who know how to handle a weapon in some schools from what I've heard now.

Not sure what to make of that.

And you know what I hate, those stupid lock down drills they make you do. "Ok kids, lock the door, hide in the corner and wait for the gunman to come, shoot open the lock, and come in to kill us all. Timmy, shhh, we want to surprise him!"

Wtf, thats honestly what they're telling us in a way.

Limited
February 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Apparently the student who shot everyone had no indication that he was crazy, he was top on classes and things like that. It worries me that some one that "good" can suddenly turn back into some crazy lunatic and shoot numerous people.

Emmzee
February 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
And you know what I hate, those stupid lock down drills they make you do. "Ok kids, lock the door, hide in the corner and wait for the gunman to come, shoot open the lock, and come in to kill us all. Timmy, shhh, we want to surprise him!"

Wtf, thats honestly what they're telling us in a way.
They used to have those once a month at my school, then someone with an IQ of over 75 took over and we don't do them anymore.

4RT1LL3RY
February 15th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I think Universities should start having school bullet proof vest. "Hey guys check out my new Cal Tech bullet proof vest." "Man thats way nicer then the once we have." I am getting tired of this stuff. I think I might need to go to college where its already happened so there would be less of a chance of it happening.

Emmzee
February 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think Universities should start having school bullet proof vest. "Hey guys check out my new Cal Tech bullet proof vest." "Man thats way nicer then the once we have." I am getting tired of this stuff. I think I might need to go to college where its already happened so there would be less of a chance of it happening.
That would do the victims of this shooting a lot of good, especially since all killed were shot in the head.

Agnaiel
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
D:<

Why is it that school shootings happen every few months in America? Goddamn, I'm afraid to go to school now...

I know there's the Second Amendment to the Constitution, (right to bear arms) but I wish we could just make guns illegal in everyone's hands, except cops and military.

Donut
February 15th, 2008, 11:00 PM
bad idea. whether they're illegal or not, bad people are still gonna have and use them, so we might as well have legal rights to defend ourselves.

Emmzee
February 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
bad idea. whether they're illegal or not, bad people are still gonna have and use them, so we might as well have legal rights to defend ourselves.
Case in point, Australia. They have some of the most stringent gun laws around, and yet 85% of all violent crime in Australia is committed with a gun, almost all of which are unregistered.

chicane
February 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Donut is right. Japan has laws against weapons in the hands of citizens, and they have the highest crime rate in the world. Switzerland on the other hand has no standing military aside from the people, who all have military grade guns. Switzerland has an extremely low crime rate. Coincidence? I think not.

Bodzilla
February 15th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Case in point, Australia. They have some of the most stringent gun laws around, and yet 85% of all violent crime in Australia is committed with a gun, almost all of which are unregistered.
thats funny because we've had what , no Massacres since the legislation was brought in?

It's fine when all there doing is robbing petrol stations whatever because that centralize's it. It's not great that it still happens, However there is no Denying that the ban on firearms has stopped these random untargeted civilian shootings.
we dont have people walking into a shop, buying a gun and then going on massacres trying to kill as many people as they can. Because they cant attain the guns that quickly or easily.

Theres no denying that they can get them, but they have to resort to go through other channels, which takes time, effort, a fuckload more money AND by the time they've done that they've come to there sense's, calmed the fuck down and arnt so trigger happy.

Also stop quoting australian statistics and look at some from your own country. The massacres, the slaughters that happen in america dont happen to the same extent ANYWHERE. And mb it's time u guys did something about it rather then shrug it off as an acceptable side-effect of your love affair with weapons.

Emmzee
February 16th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Also stop quoting australian statistics and look at some from your own country. The massacres, the slaughters that happen in america dont happen to the same extent ANYWHERE. And mb it's time u guys did something about it rather then shrug it off as an acceptable side-effect of your love affair with weapons.
I think you're forgetting that, last time I checked, America has roughly 14 times as many people as Australia, so the probability of such a thing happening is higher, as is the frequency. It's not gun control that's the problem. It's self control. The culture in America is all gung-ho rugged individualism, and when that fails, people don't have anywhere else to turn to other than failure. It's too much, and it causes minds to snap.

Also, I personally don't give a shit how many massacres America has. Nothing is going to change the status quo, and I like it that way.

Bodzilla
February 16th, 2008, 12:05 AM
i'll weep for you emmy ;___;

Emmzee
February 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
i'll weep for you emmy ;___;
Have fun.

Meanwhile, I'll be over here in America not fearing for my safety.

Dr Nick
February 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
hTu0X8TQ2i4

"Another one bites the dust"

Emmzee
February 16th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Does anybody take him seriously anymore?

Dr Nick
February 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Apparently, Fox News does, which is quite a problem if you think about it.

Sel
February 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Illinois_University_shooting

Found the wikipedia article.

E3pO
February 16th, 2008, 09:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23186124#23186124

Jay2645
February 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
And he blames video games. Again.

He is just on his way to becoming more of a meme here.

Huero
February 17th, 2008, 12:37 AM
The moment I heard the word "games" I paused the video.

ExAm
February 17th, 2008, 02:02 AM
The moment I heard the word "games" I put a hole in my monitor with my fist.

Jay2645
February 17th, 2008, 02:27 AM
The moment I heard the word "games", I heard that Bambi's mother was shot in the forest. I ran to investigate.

Bodzilla
February 17th, 2008, 03:28 AM
you guys realize that the ONLY and i mean THE ONLY way Tack jhompson has any influence is because people give him publicity?

So, ignore the dousche bag,
A. no one is stupid enough to side with him now.
and
B. He's old, stupid and out of touch with reality.

Tack is as big a threat to computer games as a fly is to a person. Sure he stands on your food and baffs over everything you like, but he's easily ignored and waved away with a logical argument.

Tack cant do shit, and the more you ignore him the less power he has.

OmegaDragon
February 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
What has the world come to today?

School shootings everywhere. Just today, some nutjob decided to pull out a gun in my community college's cafeteria, and he is now holding a student hostage. SWAT have surrounded the area. This is some fucked up shit :\

STLRamsFan
February 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Honestly, why anyone cares about Jack Thompson I will never know. His usual "video games did this" or "video games did that" is old. What about other things such as music, movies, friends in the wrong crowd, and so on? Why no one brings up that I will never know. While I won't deny that video games can lead to violence thanks to people who can't handle them, but you can not zero out other causes for violence.

flibitijibibo
February 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM
The moment I heard the word "games" I threw my computer out the window. I am currently on my laptop.

Why is it so popular to go shoot up schools nowadays? What happened to good ol' be an hero? Nobody is ever gonna break the high score anyways...

I am willing to say that there is something going around that's influencing people to do this. It's pretty damn clear now. Video games obviously aren't the problem, but Jhompson came pretty close. It's the damn reports of the shootings. People probably just want to be remembered in some insane way, and before it started happening every other hour, it was pretty far outside the box (admit it, when he hit the high score, you were impressed one way or another). Now it's just a fucking joke. Find a new way to kill yourselves, assholes.

Bodzilla
February 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I am willing to say that there is something going around that's influencing people to do this. It's pretty damn clear now. Video games obviously isn't the problem, but Jhompson came pretty close. It's the damn reports of the shootings. People probably just want to be remembered in some insane way, and before it started happening every other hour, it was pretty far outside the box (admit it, when he hit the high score, you were impressed one way or another). Now it's just a fucking joke. Find a new way to kill yourselves, assholes.
i was going to SAY the same thing.

look at the Mall shooting last year. The fuckhead did it so he could be famous and be remembered for something, so what does the media do?
Plast his name over every news report and news paper.

gg.

E: spelling... it's early >:\

ima_from_America
February 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
And yet hardly anybody blames bad parenting.

Zeph
February 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
www.concealedcampus.org

If someone walks into your class and draws a gun, do you really want to be defenseless because a state law says you cant bring a firearm you're licensed to wield on campus? As it stands now, all I could do is cower down/run and hope I don't get shot. I want the ability to eliminate a threat to myself if given the chance.

When the girl at NIU yelled that the shooter was reloading, anyone in the crowd licensed to carry a concealed firearm, actually carrying one, and desiring to defend them self by shooting back could have done so. I don't know the specifics, but I would have done so if given the chance. I feel that killing is wrong, but I find sitting idle when I can do something to save others even worse.

And yet hardly anybody blames bad parenting.
Probably because parenting cant correct mental illnesses.

Random
February 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
By having more people with weapons, wouldn't the number of shootings increase but the # of deaths per shooting decrease.

Kalub
February 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I'm with Zeph on this one, even if it was just one of those purse guns...

thehoodedsmack
February 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
The only problem with your idea Zeph, is that sooner or later, there would come a time where someone defending themselves is mistaken for the shooter, and then it all goes to heck.

Zeph
February 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
By having more people with weapons, wouldn't the number of shootings increase but the # of deaths per shooting decrease.
The number of shooting is irrelevant. If someone wants to commit a crime bad enough, they'll do it. It doesn't matter if its a high school kid, a mentally problematic person, or a law-abiding citizen. If a person wants to legally carry a concealed handgun, they have to go through state training and certification. This isn't just sticking guns into the hands of random college students, this is about allowing those who are approved by the state to be allowed to walk onto campus carrying them.

As it stands, the state says permit holders may carry anywhere but a campus.

The only problem with your idea Zeph, is that sooner or later, there would come a time where someone defending themselves is mistaken for the shooter, and then it all goes to heck.

Enter the training you take for obtaining a concealed carry permit. When you take the course for it, you'll learn what to do when encountering a law-enforcement agent.

Sel
February 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Honestly, why anyone cares about Jack Thompson I will never know. His usual "video games did this" or "video games did that" is old. What about other things such as music, movies, friends in the wrong crowd, and so on? Why no one brings up that I will never know. While I won't deny that video games can lead to violence thanks to people who can't handle them, but you can not zero out other causes for violence.

You fucking win.

Bodzilla
February 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
we must fight there weapons, with our weapons.

Good plan.

flibitijibibo
February 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
So what Thilo said then? (http://www.ninjapirate.com/content.php?f=airline-security.html)