PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] m00k weapons pre-alpha release [!56k]

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 03:50 AM
baeleted imagery

Sel
February 15th, 2008, 08:16 AM
This ought to be cool, Ill download when I get home.

hobojoe
February 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM
You made an AR a spiker? hmm... I'll download. The other weapons look cool though.

sdavis117
February 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Ummm, this looks so so. Some new weapons, but doesn't look like it was executed very well. I will download the map and tell you what I think after playing it.

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Ummm, this looks so so. Some new weapons, but doesn't look like it was executed very well. I will download the map and tell you what I think after playing it.

Okay. But before you get back to me be sure to hit a shock combo ;o

Keep in mind some of the weapons haven't been given as much "love" as some others. They'd probably go in this order from most worked on to least:

Shock Rifle
Fuel Rod
Needle Bolt
Flak Cannon
Avenger Magnum
Combat Assault Rifle
Spartan Laser (Worked on this mother fucker forever and it's still glitchy)
Link Gun
Bio Rifle
Plasma Rifle
Plasma Pistol
Spiker
MA5K

All the other original Halo weapons have had their firing rates, bullet velocity, recoil, zoom levels, rates of fire, and even the auto-aim range modified to be as close to Halo 3 as possible.

n00b1n8R
February 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I don't suppose it's possible to make a grappeling hook kind of thing?

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Probably. I'm not entirely sure, I know some people have been able to pull off pseudo-sword lunges, and maybe it'd be possible to do something like that... but again, I'm not sure ;P

chicane
February 15th, 2008, 07:43 PM
It would be laggy and gross if it worked.

Everything seemed pretty cool. the spartan laser could fire before it finished charging though. also, the UT magnum is linked to frame magazine instead of frame gun :D:D:D:D I lulled.

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
It would be laggy and gross if it worked.

Another good point.

Bastinka
February 15th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I wish I was a part of Muki's secret scheme's of world domination through Halo weapon modification :'(

*Downloads*

EDIT:
Get on xfire mb?

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Bump, fixed the fuel rod nerf. It was an easy fix so I figured why not. Delete the old map if you have already downloaded it.

ODX
February 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'll see if I can download tomorrow if I get the chance and I'm not grounded suddenly for no apparent reason, which has about a 25% chance, for no reason.

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Everything seemed pretty cool. the spartan laser could fire before it finished charging though. also, the UT magnum is linked to frame magazine instead of frame gun :D:D:D:D I lulled.

That's not the only thing, if you look at the Shock Rifle in third person there's no animations. Not to mention if you're in a vehicle you can fire it. :| Sort of annoying, because it's my lack of 3DS/Animation skills that actually fucked that up. I blame the nodes.

I've got 3DS and the BlueStreak scripts, the only problem being the actual animating is hard as hell to work with. Things don't seem to want to move the way I want them to. It's like, I'll try to move the hand and the elbow gets all fucked up. I've watched FP tutorial after FP tutorial, but not a single one of them helps with the skeletal issues I'm having.

As for the laser, I DON'T KNOW HOW THE FUCK TO FIX IT D: I've got most of the tagging done for it except for the firing and the HUD.

I'll see if I can download tomorrow if I get the chance and I'm not grounded suddenly for no apparent reason, which has about a 25% chance, for no reason.

They see you rollin', and they hatin'.

ODX
February 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Nah, it's nothing really, also, I r 4got 2 get ur mpa wen i waz on halo comp :(, 2 busy plyain Wolfenstein

chicane
February 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I don't know how to fix that either :( .

Ifafudafi
February 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I'm ripping the tags out of your map (:haw:) to verify this, but I'm pretty sure to get the SL working, you need to reference the projectile and its heat/age depletion in the secondary trigger, not the primary trigger. Again, I'm recompiling this and testing it to make sure.

t3h m00kz
February 16th, 2008, 12:29 AM
wait, what? Wow the new link I posted up sent me to the old link that was unprotected. Fixed it now. Fucking megaupload. >( Ah well, just make sure those tags don't fall into the wrong hands. I'm planning on releasing them at some point, but at this point they're far from complete. Either way, thanks for the advice on the Laser dude.

Ifafudafi
February 16th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Then again, that doesn't seem to be it... I have to reference the projectile in the secondary trigger, but the actual projectile shot is still the one referenced in the primary trigger.

I'm intrigued. I'll screw around with this a bit more tomorrow, and after I either give up or get it working, I'll delete all the tags I ripped if it makes you feel better.

also stupid rep system not letting me +rep this >:X

t3h m00kz
February 16th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Nah don't worry, you can keep them if you want. JUST DONT GO DISTRIBUTIN ;o And if you want to use them at any point, just let me know.

That's what I'm saying, I've been having so many wierd problems with the laser. Masterz tells me it should be just like the Battle Rifle, but with a longer charge time. This is what I got when I tried that.

Xetsuei
February 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I don't suppose it's possible to make a grappeling hook kind of thing?

Yeah, it is. Jahrain did it a while back, and it was only a little bit laggy.

t3h m00kz
February 19th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Haha, unfortunately I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to do anything like that.

I'm guessing he was making it to test out the hookshot from the Zelda mod or something :p

Anyway I just got a new computer and I don't have all my tags on here so I may not be updating until that happens... who knows how long that will take