PDA

View Full Version : Razr V3m?

paintballakid5
February 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
i just got my new Razr V3m today from Verizon! W00t!

i'm still a little rusty on how to do stuff so if people know how to do this one thing, it would be nice if you could share your Help.

my question is: how do i transfer my picture from my PC to my Razr?:confused:

Thanks!

Mr Buckshot
February 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Motorola's USB connectivity to a PC is really stupid and troublesome so don't use that except for charging the battery.

I use a RAZR V3X (it's a thicker version with a 2-MP camera and a 3G video calling secondary camera). What I do is that I transfer the files I want onto a micro SD card. You can purchase a USB reader for micro SD cards for less than $10. If your computer has a slot to read full-size SD cards, then you can purchase a microSD-to-fullSD adapter, which is even cheaper than a USB reader. Then you stick the micro SD card into your phone, and POOF all files are transferred.

Also note that the RAZR's screen is QVGA in portrait mode, so make sure your pic is at the appropriate dimensions and such otherwise it won't look good on the phone screen.

Failing that, you can also use Bluetooth (you'll need a USB adapter if your computer doesn't have it built in).

one more thing, is this an American model that's locked to a single carrier? If so, I heard that Verizon disabled Bluetooth and USB syncing or something. I live in Canada, so I use the GSM-1900 network with a pay-as-you-go SIM card, plus my phone was bought in Singapore so it doesn't have these "locks" on its connectivity.

edit: I just read your post, so it is a Verizon phone. In that case, you'll have to use the micro SD card thing.

Warsaw
February 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Ew, Verizon and their CDMA coding...

That phone will not work over seas, or in any other country for that matter.

Mr Buckshot
February 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yep, this shit about locking phones to single carriers is pretty lame unless you don't travel at all. I'm actually saving money by buying a slightly more expensive version from Asia and using my own SIM card (service provided by Rogers Wireless). Unfortunately, my phone is not compatible with the American GSM bands I think, although it works everywhere else. Our equivalent of these locking carriers is Telus, and it's a load of crap too.

I believe it is possible to break the CDMA coding, but that voids the phone's warranty and might screw up the software. GSM ftw.

Warsaw
February 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Or, to avoid having to muck with the phone at all, just buy a GSM phone from a different carrier, and drop that crappy Verizon service...:v. Personally, I use a Samsung A737 Blue, from AT&T. First cell phone ever, and I like it.

There are some phones in the US that are unlocked.

Emmzee
February 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Micro SD card. There's a slot on the side.

You can find Micro SD cards at your local Best Buy/Circuit City/Wal-Mart/Target/Fry's/whatever.

paintballakid5
February 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
yeah i have a Micro SD card, but when i open it up ion Windows there is only a Music foler:(

so i don't know... i'm going to the Verizon Store tommorow, so i'll ask them...

thanks anyway you guys...

CrAsHOvErRide
February 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Yep, this shit about locking phones to single carriers is pretty lame unless you don't travel at all.

You can crack all of them quite easy. The only thing I hate are the frequencies...I couldn't use my phone in Germany because it supported 2300/2400/2700/2800 but NOT 2750...>.<

Warsaw
February 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
2750 is a weird number, actually. Better to keep it rounded by the hundreds.

paintballakid5
February 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
i understand nuthin u guys are talking about lol.

Mr Buckshot
February 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM
yeah i have a Micro SD card, but when i open it up ion Windows there is only a Music foler:(

You don't need a separate folder for pics. Just put the pic on the card itself, and then copy it into the phone memory.

paintballakid5
February 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
yeah, i just figured it out... Thanks!