PDA

View Full Version : UVW Unwrapping/Mapping

Anton
February 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
So, as my modeling has been progressing (sortof, not enough time for me to do much anymore), I've been wanting to UVW map and texture my models.

Well, I understand the basic concept, but does anyone know of any "Decent" tutorials out there; Yes I have been looking for days, and I can't get a grasp on text tutorials because I'm more of a visual person. So video tutorials are preferred.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh and by the way, this is for 3ds max.

Btd69
February 21st, 2008, 12:41 AM
I have two videos, an introduction to UVW unwrapping and a more indepth look at the tools etc.

My AIM is bittoodrunk69

legionaire45
February 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Tutorial. (http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/24148/creating-a-weapon-for-source-part-2)

I'll have to take a look at yours later BTD ( ex. Spring Break D= ).

OmegaDragon
February 21st, 2008, 07:43 AM
I have two videos, an introduction to UVW unwrapping and a more indepth look at the tools etc.

My AIM is bittoodrunk69

you should post some links for those who don't use AIM ;D

Sel
February 21st, 2008, 08:53 AM
Theres that one on ghosts tutorials which I learned off of.

Roostervier
February 21st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Tutorial. (http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/24148/creating-a-weapon-for-source-part-2)

I'll have to take a look at yours later BTD ( ex. Spring Break D= ).
I think that this one is the one I used for max, it helped immeasurably. Or, if you use maya, it's easy enough to learn by yourself (like I did, or Dano did), you just have to give it a chance.

Zeph
February 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
Buy Maya. It's much better for UV mapping.

Anton
February 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Zeph, can I transfer those UVW's to max afterward? Otherwise, it would be pointless because I need to put my textures ingame. Haha, thanks for the tutorial links guys, I'm at school currently, and will download as soon as I get home.

Roostervier
February 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Of course you could; UVW maps are UVW maps.