PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Best UT2004 mod EVER made

t3h m00kz
February 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.runestorm.com/news.php

These have to be the most creative weapons I've ever seen. They've got dozens of realistic weapons, as well as a mix of really bizzare energy weapons. You've got your standard assault rifles and sniper rifles, handguns, SMGS, all that jazz, as well as a plasma gun that has shotgun, full auto, link, and even sniper firing modes, a staff that fires explosive rounds with a chainsaw attatched to the front, a double barrel clip-fed shotgun side-arm, and a REVOLVER THAT FIRES SHOTGUN SHELLS.

http://www.runestorm.com/images/BWBP4-2.jpg

These guys took a very versitile game engine and completely redid the weapon system from scratch.. the original game had about a dozen or so weapons, each with probably five FP animations a piece. This mod impliments reloading, innacuracy, recoil, iron sights, multiple weapon functions and firing modes, and all sorts of other cool shit.

They made everything from scratch.

http://www.runestorm.com/images/BWBP4-1.jpg

Not to mention a gore increaser option.

Have an older video of their mod.

WeejczFIujQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeejczFIujQ)

Phopojijo
February 20th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yea Ballistic Weapons has a long-standing reputation in the UT community.

Abdurahman
February 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Yep, I had it a year ago. It was awesome.

Warsaw
February 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Shotgun revolvers were real, by the way. Go look up the Lemat revolver.

The mod is meh for me. Totally unrealistic (the name of the game be damned, I still like some realism) weapons are a turn off.

t3h m00kz
February 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
They're alot more realistic than the stock weapons that came with UT2004, I'll tell you that much ;P

There's a good deal of really nice, realistic guns that come with it (50 cal machine guns, sub machine guns, sniper rifles, etc), and honestly, only about 25% that are plamsa/something really crazy.

Here's a full list of the weapons they have so far:

http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=BW_Weapons

But when you think about it, it's no less realistic than Halo's implimentation of plasma weapons and particle beam rifles :p

Warsaw
February 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Because you can really fire a .50 caliber weapon from the hip, forgetting even automatic for a moment.

Zeph
February 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Because you can really fire a .50 caliber weapon from the hip, forgetting even automatic for a moment.

That's easily done. Now firing a 50 cal from the hip accurately....

t3h m00kz
February 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Trust me, that thing is DAMN innacurate unless you're using iron sights ;P

Warsaw
February 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Remote Strike.

Best UT2k4 mod out there. Has recoil penalties, "combat zoom" (iron sights/scope), no crosshair, realistic weapons.

t3h m00kz
February 21st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Never played it. I've heard things about it though.

Also, these animations are <3. Hard to believe this entire mod was made by a team of only two people. Sound's a bit off though

5yJpDwWWiHI

Phopojijo
February 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Remote Strike.

Best UT2k4 mod out there. Has recoil penalties, "combat zoom" (iron sights/scope), no crosshair, realistic weapons.If you like that sort-of game, sure.

Warsaw
February 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
You can turn each of those on or off. The only thing in the mod that is a constant is the fact that you have to reload your weapons.

Kornman00
February 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
dude...your fucking youtube videos DONT need to be wrapped in URL tags to work :|, I know this isn't the first time I've mentioned this (IIRC, its the third)

Leiukemia
February 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
It's too bad they can't model or skin weapons worth shit...

jngrow
February 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, honestly, most of the weapons are VERY ugly.

t3h m00kz
February 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
dude...your fucking youtube videos DONT need to be wrapped in URL tags to work :|, I know this isn't the first time I've mentioned this (IIRC, its the third)

wait what

Kornman00
February 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Every tagged video I've seen posted by you has been wrapped in URL tags so when I click to "play" the video, not only does it play, it opens a fucking new tab (or window if I was in IE) and starts to play another. If I want to pause or do ANY other kind of interaction with the embedded YT video, it opens another tab yet again because its a fucking link too.

Do we understand now? No? Look at your source for the first post:

[youtube]WeejczFIujQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeejczFIujQ)

Stop it :|

t3h m00kz
February 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
baeleted imagery

Seems like it's in blue, but I had no intentions of doing it that way. I pasted the URL, cropped the rest out, and put youtube tags on it. Didn't realize it was that color because it was a link. MY BAD

Skiiran
February 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Looks silly.

I'm sorry if I don't want my firearms to look like toys wrapped in 'realistic'-ness which doesn't actually exist anywhere in this.

Kornman00
February 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
UNFORGIVABLE <:mad:>!

ODX
February 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
So, for a person who has only had UT2004 for about a week, would you recommend getting this or get used to the other weapons before you play this, then go online and be all "Wtf? Thes wepons r dubm!"

t3h m00kz
February 25th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Both are great. I'm actually more used to Ballistic than I am the standard, but I'm... decent with the standard ones...

ODX
February 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
So would you recommend I get it or maybe spend about a month with the regular weapons so I don't get too used to ballistic?

t3h m00kz
February 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
So would you recommend I get it or maybe spend about a month with the regular weapons so I don't get too used to ballistic?

The regular weapons are HARD AS HELL to use compared to Ballistic. Ballistic also changes player movement (you move slower), and adds a more tactical feel to the game as opposed to being able to jump around and spam your weapons.

The bots aren't really set up to be too good with the Ballistic weapons, the only place BW is really "good" is in online servers or in the Invasion gametype.

I'd honestly suggest playing some BW first offline to learn a bit about hitboxes and where to shoot and whatnot, then try playing with the regular weapons...

I mean they're both good, and completely different from each other. Do what you want :p But I do suggest downloading BW as your first mod and at least trying it out here and there.

ODX
February 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Alright, I'll try it. I read the installation, but which one do I do? 'Run it' as it said, or put it in my UT2004 folder?

t3h m00kz
February 26th, 2008, 12:30 PM
If you downloaded the UMod, you may need a UMod browser/extractor if you bought the Anthology. If it's the Zip, just put things in their proper folders in games/unreal anthology/ut2004.

The browser should be on the right side of this page http://www.ego-creations.de/index.php?f=news