PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Is it just me

JDMFSeanP
February 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Or is the melee system WAY worse now?

Its still completely random, even when both people die it just seems even more random.

This update also rendered close range weapons useless as if you have low shields with something like a shotgun, sword, or hammer, you can't rampage through people because all they have to do it hit you can you die with them. Mostly noticible on the sword and its fucking retarded.

All this update did was noobify the melee system even more, I hate this shit.

This game just gets worse and worse, not to mention all of the connection bullshit now.

Gamerkd16
February 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I agree. Bungie should have just left it alone.

JDMFSeanP
February 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Host advantage in H2 was better and a lot easier to understand than all this H3 crap. I don't get why they changed it, it was even fine in the beta.

PenGuin1362
February 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Or is the melee system WAY worse now?

Its still completely random, even when both people die it just seems even more random.

This update also rendered close range weapons useless as if you have low shields with something like a shotgun, sword, or hammer, you can't rampage through people because all they have to do it hit you can you die with them. Mostly noticible on the sword and its fucking retarded.

All this update did was noobify the melee system even more, I hate this shit.

This game just gets worse and worse, not to mention all of the connection bullshit now.

i disagree, i like the new melee system, i don't care if i die as long as the fucker that meleed me at the same time dies too. however, they SERIOUSLY fucked up the swords to the point where it's gay. it appears that the swords have adapted the old melee system where who ever has the higher shield wins the fight.

JDMFSeanP
February 24th, 2008, 03:17 PM
No just yesterday i played construct and I died twice while killing another person with sword.

It never seems justified when both people die now, it seems I die now where I would have lived before after meleeing them.

chicane
February 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
If you think that close range weapons are ineffective now, maybe you should practice more with them. I got a slice n dice today in lone wolves. It seemed pretty effective to me.

flibitijibibo
February 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Eh, fuck Halo 3, I'm playing Gears PC instead. *Secretly waits for H3PC*

JDMFSeanP
February 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
If you think that close range weapons are ineffective now, maybe you should practice more with them. I got a slice n dice today in lone wolves. It seemed pretty effective to me.

It doesn't mean you can't kill with it, it means its harder to live with it.

Heathen
February 24th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Eh, fuck Halo 3, I'm playing Gears PC instead. *Secretly waits for H3PC*

Good luck.....it will be a while....pick up COD4.....Never thought it would be as great as I thought but I love it.

chicane
February 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It doesn't mean you can't kill with it, it means its harder to live with it.

Thats true, but it was always hard to live in close combat.

Caboos001
February 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Well look on the bright side. With the new melee system you can now completely defy logic!

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4096/yoid5.jpg
A little wtf moment from a game last night.

But in all seriousness I enjoy the new melee system. The only real change I have noticed is the amount of times my opponent and me have killed each other with one smack at the same time. Kind of nice to get less of those "what the hell he shot me one time mid range with the mauler yet I unloaded half a clip in him but his melee kills me?" moments.

Elite Killa
February 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I actually like this melee system better. in the old one, I always died because I hit first and it ALWAYS countd towards the other guy winning that particular fight. And I actually find 2 people dying my meleeing each other at the same time funny at times.

jngrow
February 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
DUDE, I totally agree with you Sean. I lose melee battles a little more, but what is really weird is that it seems like my assault rifle is WAY weaker. I mean a LOT weaker. Maybe it's just me. And I've been getting a much higher rate of laggy games.

However, same time melees are much more satisfying when you both go flying back like that :P. And really, it's more "realistic" when you both have low enough shields to die and melee at the same time and both die, i.e. you can melee sword as he kills you. Honestly, the new melee system is better for those situations, because if i remember correctly, you could sword someone but get meleed first and loose the fight totally. Now it's a tie at least.

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Thats wierd of alot i see here
First of all, It seems more even to me, Also, in real life, you wont die instantly if your hit when your weak will you?
Also, If someone hits you half a second before you hit them, Youl prolly end up still hitting them
Also Instead of having either yelo bar or lowest green bar every game
I get Full green bars :)

chicane
February 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Well in real life your not getting hit by a 7 foot 1000 pound cyborg.

JDMFSeanP
February 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Thats wierd of alot i see here
First of all, It seems more even to me, Also, in real life, you wont die instantly if your hit when your weak will you?
Also, If someone hits you half a second before you hit them, Youl prolly end up still hitting them
Also Instead of having either yelo bar or lowest green bar every game
I get Full green bars :)

Try re-explaining that with a few more "aslo's", maybe I'll understand it then.

TPE
February 25th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I find myself throwing my controller less with the auto update.

Lex1337
February 26th, 2008, 12:39 AM
its perfect for me i jus another overkill with the sword yesterday and a slice n dice. the new melee system is more fairer than the old one

Jay2645
February 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I like the new one more.
I have really fast reflexes (Used to play sports), and I've played Halo so much I can judge at a glance where the "Charging Range" is, approximately. Because I hit first, I either die with the person, or I kill them.
Since the auto update, I've only died once (Not counting when we BOTH die) by a melee attack, and that was a sneak ninja attack when I was sniping.

Con
February 27th, 2008, 12:26 AM

rofl

Sel
February 27th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Wow, halo 3 is looking more and more like a not worth getting game now :|

Sever
February 27th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I almost agree, sel. If it weren't for the possibilities of Forge (and my hopeless fan-boy-ism), I wouldn't be planning on getting it and the Xbox360 this summer. If anyone wants to convince me otherwise, however, I'm still open to debate.

Timo
February 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Well look on the bright side. With the new melee system you can now completely defy logic!

A little wtf moment from a game last night.

Have you never had that happen to you before? Prior to the update that happened around once every ten games or so to me.

jngrow
February 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I almost agree, sel. If it weren't for the possibilities of Forge (and my hopeless fan-boy-ism), I wouldn't be planning on getting it and the Xbox360 this summer. If anyone wants to convince me otherwise, however, I'm still open to debate.
Multiplayer is still one of the best on X360, regardless of this update.

Terry
February 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I actually find the update better. The hit registration has improved dramatically as well as other networking problems I used to have. Sure, some things are still there, but this isn't the last update ever right?

Also, I'm not angry about the melees really. I find it alot more fair now, and it gives me a fighting chance against lower pingers.

p0lar_bear
February 28th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Anyone complaining about both players dying after a simultaneous bash is just mad now that they can't score a couple extra shots with the assault rifle to secure a kill. :v

To be honest, it's not random to me at all. I see it working the exact way it was explained in the update, save for the occasional laggot beating my face in and walking away unscathed even though I know damn well I threw a killing punch before he did.

Caboos001
February 28th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Have you never had that happen to you before? Prior to the update that happened around once every ten games or so to me.

I had only experienced being assassinated from the front, never assassinating each other at the same time from the front. Guess I'm just noticing it now due to how much more common it is to beat down each other at the same time.

TPE
February 28th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Figured out a flaw already. Basically when you go up against somebody with a bomb, flag, or oddball if you melee them and they melee too both you die because the flag, bomb, oddball melee is a one hit kill.

Botolf
February 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Figured out a flaw already. Basically when you go up against somebody with a bomb, flag, or oddball if you melee them and they melee too both you die because the flag, bomb, oddball melee is a one hit kill.
How is that a flaw? It's that way by design, you know, so don't be stupid and try to win against somebody carrying a bomb/flag/oddball in a melee fight :eyesroll:

TPE
February 28th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Flaw in the design I meant.

I think I should win against somebody in close combat with a item because I just put a clip of AR bullets in their ass and still manage to kill me with a item.

thehoodedsmack
February 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM

I think I should win against somebody in close combat with a item because I just put a clip of AR bullets in their ass and still manage to kill me with a item.

Flags, balls, etc do that much damage because people don't have access to weapons while carrying them. It's to balance it out.

Botolf
February 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Nah, it's worse in Halo 1/2, where carrying objective items is completely pointless in combat, why give 'em melee if it's never used successfully?

TPE
February 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I think in halo .5 the item melee was faster than the weapons melee, but I don't know.

I just find it unfair somehow that we both have to die when I blew a clip on him and melee when all he has to do is melee me.

Jay2645
February 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I find it perfectly fair.

A tip: See someone with an objective item like you would if they had a sword, shotty, or Gravity Hammer: Stay away and kill from medium range.

TPE
February 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Cept rox or missle pod, run at them and if they shoot... its their own damn fault that I get a kill from the grave.