PDA

View Full Version : Newegg and shipping

Mr Buckshot
February 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I plan on ordering an ASUS F3 laptop (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220239) from Newegg, since I can't find any good laptops in Canada for decent prices (NCIX doesn't do laptops, and I don't trust Dell). Specs of the laptop I want to buy aren't great (only a Geforce 8600M GS video card and 1 gig of RAM), but it still has great value, and it has an integrated webcam and Bluetooth, something my previous laptop didn't have. Anyway notebook RAM is fairly cheap in Canada.

I went on the Newegg forums to ask about shipping internationally. Of course, I got bombarded with replies saying no - I have to physically be in the U.S. for them to deliver despite the fact that I'm less than 50 km away from the border. Strike one.

I then asked about P.O. boxes (my dad has a box in Bellingham, Washington state). Now here's where I'm very confused, because some people say I can't use my dad's Washington PO box, and others say I can with no issues. Too many conflicting replies.

Anyone wanna give me a hand here?

If I still can't use the PO box, I'll just get it mailed to one of my old friends in San Jose, CA (where I used to live). But I don't really want to trouble him since he would have to pay to send the laptop out to Canada after receiving it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Before anyone goes "OMG laptops suck why the fuck do you want one", I already have an awesome desktop (parts ordered from NCIX) with a C2D E6750 and a Geforce 8800 GT. As for my old laptop, I traded it for a couple PC games, and an ASUS EEE 4G, the latter which I will use for presentations in school to avoid having to haul around a bulky laptop carrying bag (last time I did that, someone tried to rob it from it).

Emmzee
February 24th, 2008, 08:18 PM
OMG laptops suck why the fuck do you want one

Monopoly
February 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Why wouldnt you be able to use your dad's PO Box? That doesn't make sense, you should be able to. They're not going to refuse to send you an item just because it's your dad's PO Box, there's not even a way for them to tell if it's not yours. They'll send it where ever you forward your address to in your account.

Mr Buckshot
February 24th, 2008, 08:30 PM
No, what I mean is, are PO boxes even allowed in the first place?

Zeph
February 24th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I dont see why you wouldn't be allowed to use a PO box. If it's too big for the box, the USPS should give you a slip to claim it. The question should be will UPS/FedEx deliver to a PO box.

Monopoly
February 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Oh, well contact their customer service and ask.

Toll Free: (800) 390-1119

Local: (909) 395-9046

Fax: (909) 395-8907

JDMFSeanP
February 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
You has Eee PC?

I bought one but Newegg shipped it to my bro at college and he won't give me it >:|

paladin
February 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I live in seattle, Ill buy it for you and ship it to you for base plus 15%

Bodzilla
February 25th, 2008, 01:01 AM
You has Eee PC?

I bought one but Newegg shipped it to my bro at college and he won't give me it >:|
now that is serious pwnage right there.

dam i wish i had access to newegg.
i can still get the parts Cheap for an australian (brother gets them wholesale) but i still end up paying more then you guys do at newegg.

it's really fucking gay tbh. Fucking importers.

SnaFuBAR
February 25th, 2008, 01:25 AM
they don't ship to PO boxes... at least, the last time i checked, they stated clearly that delivery to PO boxes is a big fat NO.

Syuusuke
February 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Does Newegg.com deliver to P.O. Boxes? (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:Biz.Info.FAQDetail.expandItem%28%27detail385% 27%29;)
Newegg.com does not ship to standard P.O. Boxes. However, Newegg.com can ship to residential P.O. Boxes in rural areas.

That should answer your question.

Mr Buckshot
February 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
What the...I can't believe I overlooked that when I searched the FAQ...

Guess I'll have to trouble my Californian friend then.

Thanks for your help guys.