PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. fails at life.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Please read my thread and see if you can help out:

http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jspa?threadID=43056

Just bought it but it wont play :(

Limited
January 30th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Perhaps because you instaled when you had alcohol 120 and nero installed.

Check the EULA and manual to say if it says dont install with cd copying programs installed.

Ive had alcohol 120 effect games like that in the past with installing

Atty
January 30th, 2007, 11:30 AM
That's ridiculous. Both Alcohol and Nero can be used for completely legal actions so I doubt any actions would be taken with them simply being installed.

I've never experienced that problem with F.E.A.R. (or any other game) but it could be you used an improper CD key, try a re-install and double-triple-quadruple check entering your CD Key.

Limited
January 30th, 2007, 11:42 AM
That's ridiculous. Both Alcohol and Nero can be used for completely legal actions so I doubt any actions would be taken with them simply being installed.

I've never experienced that problem with F.E.A.R. (or any other game) but it could be you used an improper CD key, try a re-install and double-triple-quadruple check entering your CD Key.
Thats what I thought

It wasnt even a small game when it happened to me, it was one of the big games out. like big as in hl2 or css

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I've reinstalled it without Alcohol or Nero installed and its the same deal, I'm sure I'm entering the right key.

Atty
January 30th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Thats what I thought

It wasnt even a small game when it happened to me, it was one of the big games out. like big as in hl2 or cssI have both Alcohol and Nero installed and play HL:2 and CS:S with no problem, along with a variety of other games.

Con
January 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
hmm this reminds me, still got the multiplayer things to install. Is it any good?

itszutak
January 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM
F.E.A.R just lags like crap on my comp. (Full settings)

So does AOE3 :(.

Is the nVidia 7800GTX obsolete? >_>

Emmzee
January 30th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Singleplayer is too scary for me, so I just play FEAR combat.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I also have HL:2 and CS:S and they work fine, not F.E.A.R. though, still can't get it working.

Limited
January 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I didnt mean CSS or hl2.. I was saying the popularity level.

Any how, was the key on the inside of the case or was it like in that plastic wrapper with the manual and CD?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 30th, 2007, 05:22 PM
hmm this reminds me, still got the multiplayer things to install. Is it any good?Yes, FEAR is an extremely good game. Though the people who play it piss me off (all other MP of games piss me off except for halo's... sometimes).

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
The key was on one of the disk packages.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
This is why I buy games over the internet. :)

rossmum
January 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Yes, FEAR is an extremely good game. Though the people who play it piss me off (all other MP of games piss me off except for halo's... sometimes).
RO's community owns. Seriously, aside from one or two of the pub servers, it's pure awesome.

itszutak
January 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Singleplayer is too scary for me, so I just play FEAR combat.The demo didn't seem scary at all to me :/

rossmum
January 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Freak. I nearly shat myself at least twice, and that was with 4 friends watching and the lights on.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 10:01 PM
pfft, who plays scary games with lights on, I was at a friends house and we were playing FEAR with no lights on, yea we were scaring the shit out of ourselves but boy was if fun :)

Now, I need to play FEAR by myself with the lights off so that I can see how many times I grab my saftey device and attack them pesky shadows:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1725/picture20gm4.jpg

If that fails to thwart the evil shadows, I shall them attack them with a variety of firearms, say a H&K MK23:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3540/picture7lj9.jpg

Or possibly a H&K G36k Assault Rifle?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7318/picture8cu0.jpg

G36 pictures are from Christmas tbh.

rossmum
January 30th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Oooh, pretty.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Yea, I have random weapons lying around my house... tbh (and so no one calls the CIA/FBI ), the firearms are airsoft replica airguns.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 30th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The demo didn't seem scary at all to me :/You played the demo dude, how about playing the real thing. I have played that game several times now, thank god it gets a little less scary each time. ;d

rossmum
January 30th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Yea, I have random weapons lying around my house... tbh (and so no one calls the CIA/FBI ), the firearms are airsoft replica airguns.
My real Springfield could beat it.

When I finally get it, anyway. D:

Timo
January 31st, 2007, 02:59 AM
I only freaked once playing that game, it was around 11pm with all the lights off and the sound up. I was running down a corridor and a body was thrown through a pane of glass by something/one, I swear I almost shat myself.

Cortexian
January 31st, 2007, 09:15 AM
My real Springfield could beat it.

When I finally get it, anyway. D:
My REAL 12 gage police setup shotgun could beat it, so could my real .308 , .307 , 7mm semi-automatic rifle (from Remington ), or my personal favorite, my real H&K Semi-Auto SL8 5.56x45 round firing beast of a target shooting rifle (untill they legalize that round for hunting its a target rifle :()

Atty
January 31st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Oh, boys, don't make me go up stairs and pull down my guns. ;)

I have played that game several times now, thank god it gets a little less scary each time. ;dF.E.A.R. isn't scary at all, the scariest thing for me while playing it was that it was playing on my 256mb laptop.

If you guys think FEAR is scary play Condemned.

Cortexian
January 31st, 2007, 11:07 AM
leik my guns are teh better ten your gunz!1!1111!

And yea, it isn't super omgwtfshatmyselfandranaway scary, but it's still scary.

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 01:24 AM
My REAL 12 gage police setup shotgun could beat it, so could my real .308 , .307 , 7mm semi-automatic rifle (from Remington ), or my personal favorite, my real H&K Semi-Auto SL8 5.56x45 round firing beast of a target shooting rifle (untill they legalize that round for hunting its a target rifle :()
Not from a kilometre away against what looks like an innocent bush. :)

But yeah, Fear scared the crap out of me. I scare too easily :(