PDA

View Full Version : Betting Odds

Limited
February 29th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Sup, I was wondering if any one knew exactly what betting odds mean.

I understand 1/2, 2/1 etc. But whats 10/11? I pay 10, I get 11 back?

The reason being, I slapped an accumulator on the footie tomorrow, I picked 8 matches and gave the results I think. I put 50p on, if all results on it are the same as I predicted, I win £99.

So yeah I though as I will probably put a small amount on every week end, I should clue up about what these odds mean.

Thanks.

Kornman00
February 29th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I slapped an accumulator on the footie tomorrow
In American please :v?

Flyboy
February 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Betting odds would be like, you have a:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/c/8/2/c821e9c76c938b4714e6be91ee140eac.png
chance of actually getting what you intended. That up there would be the odds of getting a strait flush. Good luck with that.

Unless of course you're talking about like the kind of stuff they do at like...horse races (only example I can think of). In that case you'd be right. If I bet like 3 dollars on a horse, and that horse won, I might get 9 bucks back. But if he lost I loose my 3 bucks. (fuck)

Limited
February 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, like the horse racing one.

Basically, in American terms kornman, I put a bet on a few football games, each game has to be what I said it was, either win, draw, or lose. Only 12 hours till I find out if I won :D

ExAm
March 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, like the horse racing one.

Basically, in American terms kornman, I put a bet on a few soccer games, each game has to be what I said it was, either win, draw, or lose. Only 12 hours till I find out if I won :DFurther translated into American :eng101: