PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Favorite part in Crysis?

Haloking365
February 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Post here what your favorite part of Crysis is. Make sure to use spoiler tags if necessary.

I liked the part where you had to rescue the hostage and you could look over the huge valley to pick your route. I even found a cool little path that runs through the waterfall on the right. Awesomeness.

n00b1n8R
February 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I like that part that looks nice :downs:

BobtheGreatII
February 29th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I like flying around where there's no gravity in the alien structure.

OmegaDragon
March 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
First time you see the alien ship. It looked awesome :o

Martini-562
March 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I like it when you see the mountain crumbling, reveiling that alien ship.

nooBBooze
March 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I like the part where theres this generic b-movie story that has "cliche" written all over it turning into a completely predictable sci-fi mess while the interchangable, almost painfully stereotypical characters maintain a constant level of shallowness thus proving that one does not need to have actually ever read a book to become a writer at EAs.

My opinion is based on REAL and TIMECONSUMING research as at first i was appearantly blinded by the shinyness of the graphix. D:

StankBacon
March 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
^ rape.

343guiltymc
March 4th, 2008, 08:07 PM
The first time the FPS rose above 15.

Lateksi
March 5th, 2008, 01:01 AM
When I shot for fun with a tank, revealing the alien ship of the mountain. I was... amazed. Didn' really know it even was there.

itszutak
March 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
The first time my FPS rose-owait. It didn't. :/

Random
March 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
The graphics, and thats about it.

Cortexian
March 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Playing Shore in the Multiplayer Beta, when it didn't run like shit.

itszutak
March 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Picking up a turtle and dying when I tried to throw it.

Zeph
March 9th, 2008, 02:58 PM
The actual parts of the game where the fun was sculpted and you weren't just told to go out and do whatever however you wanted. Thinks like the tank fields and the time you got out of the fucking jungle and were able to fight in actual quasi-civilizations such as towns, ports, and warehouses.

Crytek was right. People loved fighting in the jungles of Far Cry. However, they pushed it over the edge with Crysis without realizing how much was too much. If you look at some of the custom SP maps out there, you'll find the best are the ones that only use flora for decorations instead of shit you have to wade through.

jngrow
March 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
The actual parts of the game where the fun was sculpted and you weren't just told to go out and do whatever however you wanted. Thinks like the tank fields and the time you got out of the fucking jungle and were able to fight in actual quasi-civilizations such as towns, ports, and warehouses.

Crytek was right. People loved fighting in the jungles of Far Cry. However, they pushed it over the edge with Crysis without realizing how much was too much. If you look at some of the custom SP maps out there, you'll find the best are the ones that only use flora for decorations instead of shit you have to wade through.

Exactly. My favorite part/parts were sort of near the mid-end of the game. My favorite part all together was the part with the huge ass canyon and sniping guys football fields away, then traversing around in the jeep to get a better position, but not getting too close to avoid the tanks. Oh, and the part where you fight three tanks. That was just badass.

armoman92
March 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM
The cutscene where Prophet gets kidnapped, i laughed my as off.

nooBBooze
March 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
i used to go out in the woods, cut down some trees, split them up into little chunks, pile em up together with some other trash i found like barrels, melons and occasional rice-patrol corpses and throw some nades into that pile. the lols were quite anti-proportional compared to the fps. also, i always enjoy thrashing buildings. its a shame there werent too much destroyable villages around.
other than that i didnt enjoy much of it. campaign sucks for the reason i alrdy stated (first time playing was ok nothing more) and shiny graphix cant make up for a lack of long term fun