PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Team Fortress Classic vs Team Fortress 2

p0lar_bear
March 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Since Hell will freeze over long before I'll get a computer worthy of TF2, I was thinking of finally downloading and playing TF Classic. Before I do, I'd like to know if there are any major gameplay differences between the two games. It's obvious that TF2 has a unique art style, better graphics, uses the Source engine, and has HAVOK physics, but I'm wondering if TF2 had any major improvements, nerfs, cuts, or just changes to how things work that would make me rip my hair out or something if I were to convert from TFC to TF2.

Sever
March 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Some answers for you here (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2541-Zero-Punctuation-The-Orange-Box).

Bodzilla
March 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
theres no nades now.

it was a long fucking time ago i played TF so i'm a little unsure of the differences between it.
sorry :/

Terin
March 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
TFC is an insane frag grenade spamming fest of death. Not fun. TF2 is a lot more about unique class class skills. Things are a lot different.

And if you can play Halo 1, you can play TF2. I can only play Halo on 640x480 with medium-high settings, and I can play TF2 on DX8 with everything high at a good 30-50 FPS.

p0lar_bear
March 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
And if you can play Halo 1, you can play TF2. I can only play Halo on 640x480 with medium-high settings, and I can play TF2 on DX8 with everything high at a good 30-50 FPS.

Though CE runs decently, my computer hates anything and everything Source. Seriously. Half-Life 2, CS:S, Zombie Master, all run horribly and stutter when I fire a weapon like the first five times. Then I'm lucky if I can keep my framerate above 15. On low settings.

After reading up and watching Yahtzee's video, I guess I'll pass on TFC.

343guiltymc
March 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Though CE runs decently, my computer hates anything and everything Source. Seriously. Half-Life 2, CS:S, Zombie Master, all run horribly and stutter when I fire a weapon like the first five times. Then I'm lucky if I can keep my framerate above 15. On low settings.

After reading up and watching Yahtzee's video, I guess I'll pass on TFC.
Yahtzee's videos (the one's I've seen at least) are all pretty sarcastic and not a reliable source for reviews.

p0lar_bear
March 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yahtzee's videos (the one's I've seen at least) are all pretty sarcastic and not a reliable source for reviews.

He throws in sarcasm, yes, but it's still a review. He states that TF2 is basically TFC with no grenades, with the corners cut and polished to a mirror shine.

Everything else I've seen about it now says the same thing.

n00b1n8R
March 4th, 2008, 04:10 PM
the spy can't cloak in TFC. :eng101:

Amit
March 4th, 2008, 06:48 PM
He throws in sarcasm, yes, but it's still a review. He states that TF2 is basically TFC with no grenades, with the corners cut and polished to a mirror shine.

Everything else I've seen about it now says the same thing.

It's just that with the new enhancements, the game is played very differently.

Emmzee
March 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM
the spy can't cloak in TFC. :eng101:
But he can play dead.

n00b1n8R
March 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
STFU AND SUCK A COCK.