PDA

View Full Version : I appologize,

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I appologize to all of the people here that I have flamed, threatened, and more over, being an ass to.

I appologize to:

Masters1337
Snaf
Dano
Arteen
Polar bear
CtrlAltDestroy
Jcap
and whoever I may have forgotten.

I may not ever be able to redeem myself, But I promise that I will never attack the community in such a manner again.

Go ahead, flame me, drain my rep, give me infractions,
I deserve it for being such an ass in the past.

Masterz1337
March 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Forgiven.

+Rep.

For those who want to understand Cheatsman's change of hart...

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=15671

jcap
March 4th, 2008, 09:09 PM
If anyone attempts to turn this into a shitfest, you'll be temp-banned for being an asshole.

I want to make it clear, though, that you don't have to accept his apology. You just can't start an argument or attempt to flame.

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Con
March 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Well, it's good to see that you've come along CHMAN. I'm glad you've decided to make a formal apology, it shows a lot of maturity and shows people you've changed.

jngrow
March 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Um, wtf? How many people did he flame in one post?

Edit: Nvm.

itszutak
March 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Well, it's a start.

Congrats on being able to apologize. It takes a lot of strength to do so, and not many people do.

I would change your name though, if only because it looks...well, yeah. >_>

p0lar_bear
March 4th, 2008, 09:58 PM
<flame>

<infraction>

<ban>

:v

And apology accepted.

JDMFSeanP
March 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Im a noob, can someone explain the situation?

StankBacon
March 4th, 2008, 10:26 PM
:eng101:

simple...

people wanted open sourced tags because they sucked at modding themselves.. (or were just to lazy to learn)

people who made good maps wanted a way to protect there hard work, so the map protector was made, and people started to protect there maps from tag rippers.

the open source lazy guys got mad and i guess started working on a UN-protector and the other side got mad blah blah.

now this guy has saw that light and sees that tag ripping is bad and that a map unprotector will, in one swift move, DESTROY the community OMGH4X.

its all very complicated you see.

to summarize...
:dramabomb::dramabomb::dramabomb::dramabomb::drama bomb:

JDMFSeanP
March 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I get that one, i mean what did illegalcheatsman do.

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Last year I threatened to leak a fragment unless I recieved tags..and I did leak it..

and throughout the year I had pretty much flamed cmt constantly. :/

Neuro Guro
March 4th, 2008, 10:44 PM
lol, trolls

STLRamsFan
March 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Well look who decided to drop by. How're things Neuro my man?

And nice to see that you decided to grow up a bit. Lets keep it that way and move on. Pull a Sarge (did a little bit of the samething and acted like he was growing up but then turned back into an idiot) and you're done in the eyes of the members here.

ExAm
March 4th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Way to Man Up. It takes something to do that.

chicane
March 4th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Apology is step one, sticking to it is vital.

Leiukemia
March 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM
?? Haven't at least 2 other people tried this before, except with the complete opposite reaction? Talking about terrorNOmore and, tls hunter or whatever his name is. I know they both turned out to change nothing, but we're never given a chance? Not to say I think that's what should happen here, I'm just curious as to the change of heart.

t3h m00kz
March 4th, 2008, 11:53 PM
The whole open source thing is kind of wonky in my opinion.

To be honest, when I'm done with my UT mod (if I ever am) I'm planning on open sourcing everything, just because I'm the kind of guy who wants to see more quality-tagged weapons in custom maps... not saying mine are top quality, but you know what I mean.

All I ever see in Halo CE custom maps is the same crap over and over, badly modeled SMGs that are just ARs with a different skin, the same custom Pistol animations everywhere, but nothing that acts different and unique. There's so much the Halo engine's capable of weapon-wise, so much crazy shit that could be pulled off, but nothing open source out there that would mix things up a bit.

There's so much you can do with the weapon system in Halo, people haven't tried messing with it too much. Not to stroke my own ego but I think if I ever wound up completing my mod, people would see it and say "Wow, this is so much different from what I usually play! This is awesome!" Similar to how I was when I first played Ambush.

In my opinion, modding needs to be more open and fun and less super serial. People are so proud of their work sometimes that they protect it and keep it out of everyone else's hands, but I can kind of understand. I had someone who wanted my Shock Rifle tags to modify to make it more "Balanced" before I was even done with it. I didn't want it to happen. Once I'm done with it, my tags will be released, balanced with the original Halo weapons as closely as possible. Whatever people do with them after I'm done with them, well that's up to them.

As Masterz said in the thread, people usually just rip tags to stick them in maps, rather than to learn from them. It can be kind of annoying if you don't want them released. I don't want anybody tampering with what I'm working on. But, in my case, once I'm done and mostly satisfied, they'll be released with some my light blue Marathon insignia somewhere on each weapon so people will know who made them, because I think the problem is proper credit to the original taggers.

I agree there needs to be more custom tags out there, nearly everything on HaloMaps is a complete POS. But I will also say if people want their tags protected, that's up to them. Myself, I've even got protection on my testmap simply because my mod's very incomplete and I want it to be quality stuff when I OS it.

Then I may work on a SP mod... Unrealo: Combat omfgwtfcrazyasfuck.

SnaFuBAR
March 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I don't know if I accept your apology yet because from experience with members in your situation it's hard to tell if you're genuine or not. I'll just watch and decide later. Anyways, I honestly hope you've made a turnaround and you decided to stick to it.

Kornman00
March 4th, 2008, 11:58 PM
and throughout the year I had pretty much flamed cmt constantly. :/
who said this was a bad thing :raise:?

Bodzilla
March 5th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Open source in halo is just like like Communism tbh.

good in theory, but very bad in reality.
i'm Pro map protection :D

ExAm
March 5th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Open source in halo is just like like Communism tbh.

good in theory, but very bad in reality.
i'm Pro map protection :DWhat's the app that protects them? If it's not called something that relates to a condom then it should be renamed. Immediately.

Kalub
March 5th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hereby on Notice

Will be watching you.... still

n00b1n8R
March 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I don't know if I accept your apology yet because from experience with members in your situation it's hard to tell if you're genuine or not. I'll just watch and decide later. Anyways, I honestly hope you've made a turnaround and you decided to stick to it.^.

Tweek
March 5th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Way to Man Up. It takes something to do that.
not on the internet it doesnt.

Hotrod
March 5th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well, seeing that you did something wrong is the first step, and apologizing is the second one. I hope that everything turns out for the good.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Great...I know someone creating an unprotector >.<

Sel
March 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Nice cheats.

Youve redeemed yourself quite nicely.

teh lag
March 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
not on the internet it doesnt.

^

Cheatsman, with a reputation like yours I find it hard to believe you're sincere. All you've brought to this community is needless drama that we could have done without. It'll take a while for you to convince me you've "changed."

Sel
March 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hey, the least we can do is give him another chance, and see how it turns out.

Kalub
March 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
We could, but that would be rather foolish.

Masterz1337
March 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I trust him when he says he changed. Why do think it is foolish, when you know so little of who he is and what he's done.

Amit
March 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hey, the absolute, crazy most we can do is give him another chance, and see how it turns out.

FTFY

We could also help him by just leaving him alone and trying to forget about him. That'd be forgiving enough, at least it would be for me.

I don't think that even the crappiest modder out there would let him beta test their maps for what they've heard about him so I believe there is little harm in letting him back into the light for a little while.

DaneO'Roo
March 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
thanks

*insert grain of salt*

:raise:

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I trust him when he says he changed. Why do think it is foolish, when you know so little of who he is and what he's done.

To be honest, I accept the apology and am willing to give the guy another chance. I see no point in holding a grudge over stupid shit like a massive dramabomb caused by a laughably executed quid pro quo with Halo CE assets.

However, if we take your apology and you backstab us Cheatsman, it won't be taken so lightly. People can and will watch your movement online and make sure that your history follows you wherever you go; it's not slander if it's true.

Jay2645
March 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
From what I have seen at Halomaps, he HAS changed.
His work isn't top quality, it's mostly box-modeled and he makes textures in Paint, but he has proven himself to be trustworthy and has become a major member of Halomaps.
Not that a major member of Halomaps means anything, but it's a start.

I see no reason to not accept his apology after watching him for the past 14 months.

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
To be honest, I accept the apology and am willing to give the guy another chance. I see no point in holding a grudge over stupid shit like a massive dramabomb caused by a laughably executed quid pro quo with Halo CE assets.

However, if we take your apology and you backstab us Cheatsman, it won't be taken so lightly. People can and will watch your movement online and make sure that your history follows you wherever you go; it's not slander if it's true.

Yes I understand.
I really have no way to prove myself though.

I suppose all I can do right now is take part in these forums.

Sel
March 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM
it's not slander libel if it's true.

Slander is verbal, libel is written.

Theyre both the same really.

StankBacon
March 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
this entire situation is laughable.

you people who are all "ill accept your apology, but don't back stab us or else >:("

even if he isn't sincere, or if he leaks something or does anything bad again.. what are you going to do, flame him?

this is the internet, not real life, and flaming or calling him a noob is about all you can do, and tbh, while i applaud him for attempting to "reconcile" with all the people he has "wronged", this whole thread screams cry for attention, just as his 1st antics did.

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
the topic 14 months ago wasn't a cry for attention, I really was a retard who wanted your tags.

And I truely am sincere about this.
I may not be able to prove myself, but I swear I am.

Bodzilla
March 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Slander is verbal, libel is written.

Theyre both the same really.
then why would you bother correcting him?
>________>

Phopojijo
March 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
the topic 14 months ago wasn't a cry for attention, I really was a retard who wanted your tags.

And I truely am sincere about this.
I may not be able to prove myself, but I swear I am.Apology threads do little... Strider is a good example of that.

The mature thing to do is just move on with life and if someone attempts to be a jerk to you based on prejudice -- let it blow over too.

Sel
March 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
then why would you bother correcting him?
>________>

Because I took law and seeing bad law terms up there makes me a sad panda D:

t3h m00kz
March 7th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Your FACE makes me a sad panda.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 7th, 2008, 08:00 AM
YES YOU COULD HAVE

Now you made silentic cry :(

Cortexian
March 7th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Oh, so this is why he ventured onto the Yoyorast.com forums... I was wondering why his posts weren't made of shit like before all this :awesome:.

To be honest, the first thought running through my head on Yoyorast.com was if I should ban him or not ;).

Limited
March 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
If anyone attempts to turn this into a shitfest, you'll be temp-banned for being an asshole.

I want to make it clear, though, that you don't have to accept his apology. You just can't start an argument or attempt to flame.
Deal.

I dont accept your apology.

I also cant stand this shit "omfg is this happens CE community will DIE OMFG" How many times have we heard that? I remember my scripting tut on GBX, people cried CE was going to die.

Masterz1337
March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
communities don't die, they fade away.

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
March 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Deal.

I dont accept your apology.

I also cant stand this shit "omfg is this happens CE community will DIE OMFG" How many times have we heard that? I remember my scripting tut on GBX, people cried CE was going to die.
The community's not going to die anytime soon, It's just a bit slow in the winter.

And I'm sorry that you feel that way :gonk:

Phopojijo
March 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The community's not going to die anytime soon, It's just a bit slow in the winter.

And I'm sorry that you feel that way :gonk:Again dude, you didn't need to post this... he's just being slightly jerkish -- move on.

Bastinka
March 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Don't accept the apology yet, but over-time things can change. So I'll wait till then, whenever then is. :)

Phopojijo
March 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
To all you people saying "I don't accept your apology"... there's no reason for that.

Sel
March 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
To all you people saying "I don't accept your apology"... there's no reason for that.

Its their choice. They dont have to accept it.

Phopojijo
March 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Its their choice. They dont have to accept it.Oh they don't need to accept it. I agree... however SAYING they don't accept it is either just a +1, or a troll which they believe will not get them warned.

Either way -- it serves no purpose.

Frankly I don't really find "apology accepted" nor "forgive me" threads to be useful posts either.

TeeKup
March 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Those who don't accept it keep your fucking mouth shut. You post that only to be an ass, it really isn't necessary at this point and time. If you don't like him or this thread just go away.

itszutak
March 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I think I can understand why.

Many times before, people have made apology threads and then returned to acting the way they did before.

Case in point, StriderVegaCore (SVC).

Bodzilla
March 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
i just laugh at those people anyway. 90% of them had no personal connection to him, or where in any way effected by what he did.

he dropped a turd of a dramabomb and thats it.
nothing to see here folks, move along.

Limited
March 8th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Didnt sarge also "try" to apologise? I remember people saying "I dont accept" then, no one gave a rats arse they said it then, why now?

Why should cheatsman get our respect? He disrespected us by trying us like shit and pawns in a shop, respect needs to be earned and not by an apology.

Anyways, I've said my peace, I shall leave it at that.

I wish cheatsman all the luck :)

p0lar_bear
March 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Why should cheatsman get our respect? He disrespected us by trying us like shit and pawns in a shop, respect needs to be earned and not by an apology.

He treated only a select few people like shit (namely CMT, ZTeam and anyone directly connected to them), and is apologizing to them; not to the community.

Just because I accept the apology, it doesn't necessarily mean that I trust him yet, and I'm not going to get all buddy-buddy. All I'm saying is that I forgive him for the stunts he pulled (and consequently failed). Life's too short and this crap is too petty to hold a grudge. The only thing more pathetic than holding maps hostage for tags is hating someone forever for that.

Might I add, yet more pathetic is when bystanders hold the grudge even though they weren't directly involved in the whole affair. :bandwagon:

Arteen
March 8th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Apology accepted, I guess? I don't remember you ever bothering me specifically though.

Phopojijo
March 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Didnt sarge also "try" to apologise? I remember people saying "I dont accept" then, no one gave a rats arse they said it then, why now?

Anyways, I've said my peace, I shall leave it at that.

I wish cheatsman all the luck :)Because I wasn't around at the time because I was frustrated at how ignorant the Halo CE community was at that point.

Or else I would have told you all to screw yourselves :)

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Apology threads do little... Strider is a good example of that.

The mature thing to do is just move on with life and if someone attempts to be a jerk to you based on prejudice -- let it blow over too.

Apology threads do indeed do little, but comparing an apology thread to another isn't right. Strider, for example, failed to change multiple times. We dont know if Cheatsman will change, but judging him now is pointless.

Also, whoever locked this should contact me to tell me so.