PDA

View Full Version : Online Music Reader?

Jay2645
March 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Debating over whether this should go here, or in Tech Talk, but I'll post it here.

As some of you know, I'm the leader and lead guitarist of a band (Formerly called Assault on the Control Room, now called Riotmaker), and I recently... Lost my guitar to rocking a LITTLE too hard. As in 50 separate pieces beyond repair.

I've written 2 songs recently, called Bloody Roses and Fun at the Funeral. Unfortunately, I can't play them due to my lack of a good guitar right now. What I'm curious is this: Does anyone know where I could find a good online music reader? What I mean is that I input the notes, and it plays the notes I input into it.

Flash, downloadable demo, I don't really care, I just want to see if I got the notes right on my song.

Also, here's a little bit of the intro of Bloody Roses, mainly because I feel like it (Quarter Notes):

oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|
|oooo|

Bodzilla
March 6th, 2008, 07:23 PM
your kidding me right?

just open strings?
?

Jay2645
March 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
your kidding me right?

just open strings?
?
Read it as a musical staff, not as the online musical thingymajig. I have to hold down plenty of strings, not to mention the tempo completely changes
later on.

Bodzilla
March 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Wah?

tab it.

Cortexian
March 7th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Learn ABC of MIDI...

flibitijibibo
March 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
If you can read/write with staves (i.e. treble/bass clef), you can always use Finale Notepad or a midi program with staff view. All you'd have to do is apply a guitar patch (easy in Finale). If you really want a good guitar sound, get SONAR. It has a customizable software amp, so you can get some pretty badass guitar sounds, whether it's a MIDI guitar or a real one.

Jay2645
March 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
If you can read/write with staves (i.e. treble/bass clef), you can always use Finale Notepad or a midi program with staff view. All you'd have to do is apply a guitar patch (easy in Finale). If you really want a good guitar sound, get SONAR. It has a customizable software amp, so you can get some pretty badass guitar sounds, whether it's a MIDI guitar or a real one.
OK, thanks.

Closing thread now.