PDA

View Full Version : Question

PlasbianX
March 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Why not add a gallery section where each person can have their own thread to post all their WIP's and get criticism on it? I personally liked the WIP section even though the majority of the posts were shit posts and +1 posts.

kenney001
March 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
agreed

OmegaDragon
March 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
/signed

This would be much more useful, and you could always disable +1 posts in a subforum.

teh lag
March 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Teh lag approves of this idea. No postcount in it, just a section for WIPs.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I like this idea.

PlasbianX
March 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Teh lag approves of this idea. No postcount in it, just a section for WIPs.

Thats what I was thinking too. Also, id say it should have a section moderator that can also keep track of just that section. For that id probably have to recommend Snaf or WOL.

SMASH
March 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Yea, this would be great cause then I could show my WIPs and not feel like a tool :cool:

Bodzilla
March 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
due to the massive influx of threads in said gallery section for each individual member, nobody would take the time to read it all and give you guys proper constructive critism.
the CE gallery thread was your Best option and u guys blew it.
the only other real alternative to that^ is what you guys had before.

i dont think you'll get another shot at it for a long, long time.

LlamaMaster
March 7th, 2008, 12:10 AM
due to the massive influx of threads in said gallery section for each individual member, nobody would take the time to read it all and give you guys proper constructive critism.
the CE gallery thread was your Best option and u guys blew it.
the only other real alternative to that^ is what you guys had before.

i dont think you'll get another shot at it for a long, long time.
Meh, what he said.

Zeph
March 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM
We've discussed the idea before, but it's not looking well. Critiques are great for those who understand them, but there's a huge number of people here that see it as a way to be considered great. That said, we find it constructive for things like that to exist. Dont get me wrong though, if someone makes a thread asking for a critique or technique help and people are posting better than the typical "that doesn't look anything like the [AR]" then the thread will live. Dont make a redux of a general gallery thread though. We've tried that many times and it never works out.

Leiukemia
March 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Ok, I can understand how it was an annoyance and full of stupid shit. But what I don't get is why it was particularly picked on. We get so many stupid and pointless topics in here that are full of shit, that left open for quite awhile before being locked, or don't even get a lock. Especially the abundance of +1 posts (literally, members only say "+1 post). Even the mods post stupid shit in there, and they're often started by the "popular" people on the boards. There are very few threads in the forum that don't get a bunch of stupid posts in them, and I find it quite rediculous to pick on this one in particular, especially of how close of a relation it has to the sites purpose of halo. You also have still of yet tried letting somebody simply moderate just the single thread, which I know myself and others would be willing to do. They don't even need the ability for warnings or infractions, just simply the ability to delete posts. I think it would work out well, especially since making stuff for halo ce is one of the foundations of this forum.

Jay2645
March 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
You do realize most of the "Popular" people are admins in disguise, right?

itszutak
March 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I have never seen a "+1 post" here. :/