PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of April Fools...

MNC
March 9th, 2008, 06:00 AM
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~adamesat/Stuff/1204875363758.gif
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~adamesat/Stuff/1204875495589.gif
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~adamesat/Stuff/1204880535696.gif

IGN funded movie, or elaborate hoax. Either way, it's awesome.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251951

(I wasn't sure wether it should be TT or OT, but I decided OT because it's a movie/april fools. If it should go to TT, please alert me.)

PlasbianX
March 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Ganondorf looks like hes wearing 'the mask' =x

teh lag
March 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Ganondorf looks like hes wearing 'the mask' =x

And Link's face looks old and ugly...

Agnaiel
March 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Ganondorf looks like Jim Carrey (or however you spell his name) when he played the Grinch...

I'd still see it, though.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
What the hell,
Do we really need anything else about this old game?
FIND A NEW MASCOT NINTENDO!

teh lag
March 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
What the hell,

Since when was Link the mascot of Nintendo? Also, why is it bad if a series is popular enough to last so long?

:confused2:

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
When mario got aids

Though seriously, Get rid of mario, samus and link, and find a new mascot for nintendo :S

teh lag
March 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
When mario got aids

Though seriously, Get rid of mario, samus and link, and find a new mascot for nintendo :S

Why should they? All of those games are clearly acceptable and fun in the public eye, or they wouldn't have been around since the fucking 1980s. There's no reason for Nintendo to get rid of things that have survived so long. To me, it seems like you're just puking up mindless fanboy hate. Considering you also mindlessly bashed Resistance for being a PS3 game (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=228734&postcount=16), I suppose it's not surprising.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Ive recently changed my mind about resistance :O
Im undecided on weather or not its good, I would like to try it sometime, I might go to a friends house and try it.
Second of all, Mario, and Legend of Zelda games, to me, have gotten old, They just get extremely repetitive, and, really are just the original one with a new facemask. Thats also why I dont like the campaign of many games, It is normally the same idea with a hat on it (so to speak) Thats just my opinion though, I understand other people may like those games though :)

E: Sorry for the new offtopicness, but look at our newest members username :S

TeeKup
March 9th, 2008, 11:06 AM
When mario got aids

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8016/gtfo2007lk4.gif

Snowy
March 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Ganodrof looks like the grinch.

Looks pretty cool, if true.

klange
March 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I would not see it. Seriously. Wouldn't. Not something that interests me.

DAWN
March 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM
looks ok, but if it was real, it should just be cgi only, like ff7:ac.

hobojoe
March 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I really hope this isan't a joke. Zelda whould be an great movie...Although I really don't like the way the actors look.

Zeph
March 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Not sure how they would pull it off as a good movie :\.
The appeal of OoT wasn't the story alone, but going through the dungeons and having the story unfold in front of you at your leisure. You learned the story by talking to everyone available, not by having Hollywood play it out for you.

legionaire45
March 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
What the hell,
http://media.fukung.net/images/2376/kill_yourself.jpg

An OoT movie would be interesting, although it will never be as good as the game. I agree with Zeph completely.

paladin
April 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
http://movies.ign.com/dor/articles/863515/legend-of-zelda-movie-trailer/videos/legendofzelda_filmtrailer_040108.html

epicness on a galactic level

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
*Sing to Legend of Zelda theme*
Link has come to town
Come to save, the Princess Zelda
Ganon took her away, now the children won't play, as they wait for Link
To save the day!

Link, save up your hearts
To battle, the vicious Ganondorf!
So Hyrule will be saved, and the children will play,
Because Link saved the day (Hallelujah!)

BobtheGreatII
April 3rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
^Fail (Yes I've heard the song and I like it XD)

As for the trailer, yes IGN has said it was a joke, and it was put out to give people an idea of what a live action movie for Zelda would somewhat be like. I would also like to say that for being a fan made film it is very good, so stop ranting on everyone looking bad etc. etc. As we might not remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB89-9X6YS0
As a Zelda fan for most of my life, the first time I saw the trailer I was amazed and slightly excited just to have people playing the roles. I'm noticing a lot of people on youtube and forums being very narrow minded about a live action Zelda movie. For some reason nobody seems to be able to get past pointless things like how an actor looks. Sure, it would be great to have a perfect Link in the real world... Never gonna happen. I sure as hell am not defending this Link though, he's not the best, but all the same I got the idea. Also, I'm seeing a lot of people going "They screwed up the story line of OoT so bad!" But if you actually watch the trailer, you notice a lot of different Zelda story lines being thrown together in what looked like a decent story. Again, IGN was saying that it was a great way to show what Zelda could be, but this is definitely no perfect trailer, but I believe you have to really look behind the face of Link, and think more as to where they were going with the whole trailer. What could be done, and what should be done properly. I wouldn't mind watching the full fan movie if they ever made one, unlike if Hollywood or someone decided to make it. I don't want to see Orlando Bloom (a suggestion from IGN) as Link, I really don't... and any of you who do have clearly lowered your standards a bit. I would rather see fans make a Zelda movie for one reason and that's that fans would stay loyal to the stories of Zelda, and would be the best at pointing out little details (as in Link being left handed) and fixing it.

I would not see it. Seriously. Wouldn't. Not something that interests me.
Srsly..? GTFO ---> Why even post here? Try to back up, with something like... I dunno... maybe why...

Ganondrof looks like the grinch.

Looks pretty cool, if true.

Uh... Again, fan made, can't have the perfect Ganondorf, but I also thought the actor pulled it off quite well.

What the hell,

Why are you yelling at Nintendo? They didn't make this...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8016/gtfo2007lk4.gif

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
Blahdy blah blig bloo blah!

this is exactly why i dont like zelda fans >_>.

BobtheGreatII
April 3rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
this is exactly why i dont like zelda fans >_>.

Ouch, I'm hurt...

But out of curiosity... why would you come here to make fun of something someone else likes? Does that make you any better than the people at halomaps? Sorry, but it's just wrong.
As for it being the exact reason you don't like "zelda fans"... do you care to explain it is what I said that offended you so bad?

StankBacon
April 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
bob, pretty much everything you've said so far has been super defensive and over reactionary.

people dont all like the same stuff, you need to learn to handle peoples opinions on the stuff you like better.

ICEE
April 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
*sigh* Legend of Zelda is a great game, I think most of us will agree on that, but it is just NOT capable of being turned into a movie. The game was about the dungeons action and bosses, there is simply not enough storyline to make a decent full length movie. The movie would be 100% action with the occasional non sequitur of dialog. Also, Neither of those (actors? CGI? w/e) look like they match the part. Gannondorf looks like an ape, and link looks like a drug addict. Also, lone wolf, please for the sake of your own dignity, stop. You don't seem to realize that Nintendo has several well known characters with serious fan followings, like Link and Mario and Samus. What kind of idiot would just stop producing games for about those characters? They reel in the money.

BobtheGreatII
April 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
bob, pretty much everything you've said so far has been super defensive and over reactionary.

people dont all like the same stuff, you need to learn to handle peoples opinions on the stuff you like better.

Sorry :embarrassed:

I was just stating my opinion about the movie... didn't mean to go overboard with it... :eyesroll: I just found it kinda gross with all of the people coming in and saying Zelda sucks n' such and not putting any reason why they think that. So...
In my opinion, I feel that if done correctly, a Zelda movie could make it, as long as it was loyal to the fans.

Pooky
April 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
If Nintendo was going to license a movie based on one of their games... it should really be based on one where the main character speaks :|

BobtheGreatII
April 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Well, now that Samus clearly has a voice actor in Brawl (Her Zero Suit taunt), maybe a Metroid movie first. Lol.

Pooky
April 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
The Samus of today is a worn out shat on shadow of what she once was :\

I really hope they stop making new Metroid games.

Bodzilla
April 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Ouch, I'm hurt...

But out of curiosity... why would you come here to make fun of something someone else likes? Does that make you any better than the people at halomaps? Sorry, but it's just wrong.
As for it being the exact reason you don't like "zelda fans"... do you care to explain it is what I said that offended you so bad?
it's just the way the majority of them are.

if people dont like zelda, rather then accept that everyone might not like zelda, the zelda fans try and twist it to sound like the Ant-Zeldas are the ignorant ones.
some people admited to different opinions when it came to the game, but rather then just accept that they have different tastes in games you basically told them to Get the fuck out, back up their opinions......... ect.
and when it all boils down to it threads have always been for the sole purpose of discussion, they just discussed their feelings yet it's somehow not as valid as yours?

some people just dont fucking like zelda ok.

to many zeldas in that sentence :rolleyes:

MNC
April 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
The Samus of today is a worn out shat on shadow of what she once was :\

I really hope they stop making new Metroid games.
THAT IS BULLSHIT YOU ARE BULLSHIT

Prime series has ended, and I'm ready for a 2D Metroid again. Preferably the DS.

BobtheGreatII
April 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM

Prime series has ended, and I'm ready for a 2D Metroid again. Preferably the DS.

New super mario style for the win.

MNC
April 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
New super mario style for the win.
YES, and continue the story AFTER fusion, we KNOW what happened inbetween just about any game.

Pooky
April 9th, 2008, 11:17 PM

n.
You'll probably never find anyone who likes Metroid 1 through 4 and prime 1 more than me. But the point at which they turned samus into some fanservice anime slut, just made me never want to play a metroid game again. They've completely ruined it.

BobtheGreatII
April 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
But the point at which they turned samus into some fanservice anime slut, just made me never want to play a metroid game again. They've completely ruined it.

This I have to agree with. I love Metroid just as much, and at the end of MP1 I thought it was the coolest to see Samus as she was without her helmet, only to be sadly disappointed at the end of Metroid Prime 2. I don't know why they decided to make her look like that, but I actually liked the more mature Samus that was in MP1.

Probably should get off the subject of Metroid now (make a new thread if you want to continue...) and back to the topic of the thread...

ICEE
April 10th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Samus looks pretty good with the suit off in brawl.. in fact I think shes sort of a better fighter in zero suit mode, but they completely ruined all the ambiguity behind samus's actual appearance by making it optional to not have the suit. Her suit came off in previous games, even in the very first one, but there was still a certain amount of mystery. Thats one thing that bungie did right, never showing the chiefs face.

CN3089
April 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
if people dont like zelda, rather then accept that everyone might not like zelda, the zelda fans try and twist it to sound like the Ant-Zeldas are the ignorant ones.

you're not ignorant, you're just soulless

how the fuck can you not like zelda http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

Bodzilla
April 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
you only said Zelda once in your entire post.

Your opinion is not valid.
you need to say it a minimum of 4 times.

Phopojijo
April 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM
YES, and continue the story AFTER fusion, we KNOW what happened inbetween just about any game.And even still it's not hard to guess.

An accident happened and she lost her equipment.

MNC
April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Still, something needs to occur. She's got a Fusion suit now. There are quite some possibilities open. Though a remake of Super Metroid would be awesome too. Best metroid ever, tied with Metroid Prime 1 (although it's a bit early to remake that)

But the point at which they turned samus into some fanservice anime slut, just made me never want to play a metroid game again. They've completely ruined it.
What, so the shitty face just ruined your complete Metroid experience? It was even a second-party title who developed it, who're done with Metroid games, by the by.