PDA

View Full Version : During what time of year are there the least car crashes?

ExAm
March 9th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Between 2 and 3 AM on Spring Forward :v

Happy DST, Pacific Timers.

Bodzilla
March 9th, 2008, 06:02 AM
wtf you smoking hippy?

idgi

ExAm
March 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Clocks went forward exactly 1 hour at 2AM, making it 3AM the instant it hit 2AM :/

It's Daylight Savings Time

Stupid fucking farmers. WHY. WHY DO YOU MESS WITH TIME!?

Bodzilla
March 9th, 2008, 06:20 AM
you do realize that most farmers actually dont like Daylight savings because it fucks up the times for milking cattle?
i was talking to one about it a few years ago, hates it with a passion and it cause's more problems then it solves for them.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM
It's Daylight Savings TimeITH TIME!?
Not everywhere in the world :rolleyes:

Kornman00
March 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Not everywhere in the world :rolleyes:
Yeah you ignorant american! People here in europe still have to wait like two more weeks http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-argh.gif

klange
March 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I blame my favorite historical figure. He did many great things, but influencing the creation of DST - not one of his strong points.

Damn you Benjamin Franklin!
And to be more direct towards DST: Damn you William Willett

nooBBooze
March 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
ITS THE TIME MEN HOLD THE STEERING WHEEL RIGHT? DURR!

also, capslock is cruise control for cool

Mr Buckshot
March 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
When people stop driving at triple-digit speeds while other cars are on the road, that'll severely reduce the number of car crashes. Face it - driving too fast is the number one cause of car accidents (at least directly - alcohol and other factors are also what cause the fast driving in the first place). Also, those new tech toys that enhance safety in those expensive German cars should become standard on ALL vehicles regardless of brand - such features are side-impact airbags, radar cruise control, infrared Driver Monitoring Camera, reverse camera (only for large trucks/SUVs), and an electronic limiter to prevent the engine from reaching its full potential.

It's kind of sad when people break the speed limits using cars that aren't meant for that purpose. Ok, driving fast is still very risky, but doing it in a BMW or a Porsche, which is built for that purpose, will increase your chances of being able to maintain control of your vehicle. Driving fast in a Honda Civic, on the other hand, will run the risk of the tires prematurely wearing down or even bursting in the middle of the road, causing the car to lose control and possibly roll over.

And the least car crashes within a specific country would happen very late at night/early in the morning when everyone's still in bed.

n00b1n8R
March 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
you do realize that most farmers actually dont like Daylight savings because it fucks up the times for milking cattle?
i was talking to one about it a few years ago, hates it with a passion and it cause's more problems then it solves for them.
then why do you say GLS is good?

l2queensland :awesome:

ExAm
March 10th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Not everywhere in the world :rolleyes:Well duh. That's why I mentioned it for the Pacific timezone :P

CrAsHOvErRide
March 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
but we still have car crashes...i smell contradiction :suicide:

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
When people stop driving at triple-digit speeds while other cars are on the road, that'll severely reduce the number of car crashes. Face it - driving too fast is the number one cause of car accidents (at least directly - alcohol and other factors are also what cause the fast driving in the first place). Also, those new tech toys that enhance safety in those expensive German cars should become standard on ALL vehicles regardless of brand - such features are side-impact airbags, radar cruise control, infrared Driver Monitoring Camera, reverse camera (only for large trucks/SUVs), and an electronic limiter to prevent the engine from reaching its full potential.

It's kind of sad when people break the speed limits using cars that aren't meant for that purpose. Ok, driving fast is still very risky, but doing it in a BMW or a Porsche, which is built for that purpose, will increase your chances of being able to maintain control of your vehicle. Driving fast in a Honda Civic, on the other hand, will run the risk of the tires prematurely wearing down or even bursting in the middle of the road, causing the car to lose control and possibly roll over.

And the least car crashes within a specific country would happen very late at night/early in the morning when everyone's still in bed.

get a sense of humor ffs. the thread wasn't even about car crashes.

Bodzilla
March 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM
:XD:

ace snaf. just Ace.

DrunkenSamus
March 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Great...now I'm going to be even sleepier during the day,,,

Abdurahman
March 11th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I was driving a car for my drivers training today and this guy crashed into us from behind at a red light. He must have not seen 20 cars stop in front of him.

ExAm
March 11th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I love how it's always the rear-ender's fault :v