PDA

View Full Version : So I Noticed...

SnaFuBAR
March 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
that I seem to make it into everyone's apology thread. Is it that the people who act like douches find time to hate me because I'm a prominent and visible community member and "popular", or is does it have to do with my criticisms??

Discuss.

Emmzee
March 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM
that I seem to make it into everyone's apology thread. Is it that the people who act like douches find time to hate me because I'm a prominent and visible community member and "popular", or is does it have to do with my criticisms??

Discuss.
They're jealous of your rep count to post count ratio.

Also, they don't like being told they suck at something because they have, until now, led a sheltered life.

Zeph
March 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Criticisms? You mean critiques, right?

SnaFuBAR
March 9th, 2008, 03:43 PM
both tbh.

adumass
March 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Everybody hates snafubar but its a secret.:ssh:

Mass
March 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
They hate you because you don't sugar-coat things and you seem hostile when just being honest.

"this and that suck, don't do that, try this."

"IT DOZNT SUCK! oh em gee, u muzt suk"

later...

"he waz rite, oh em gee."

Personally, I'd rather hear about how something I make blows versus how much ass it kicks. Within reason. :/

Sel
March 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Everybody hates snafubar but its a secret.:ssh:

I lold.

But yeah, most of the new people who come here are from halomaps, and at halomaps theyre used to having no criticism at all, so it seems kinda enraging when they get this huge change here.

legionaire45
March 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
They mention you because they are all butt hurt that you told them their modeling sucks and popped their little god complex bubble :v.

NOW STOP BEING SO MEAN YOU...> MEANIE >:saddowns:~.

PenGuin1362
March 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
i hate you snaf. you is always wrong and you SUK.

fatso784
March 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's okay SnaF I still hate you! :p

Bodzilla
March 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
who the fuck is snaf?

hate.

Jay2645
March 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Discuss.
I USED to hate you for your criticisms, but, in the end, I took your advice, and it made me better.
Now I learned to APPRECIATE peoples flames I MEAN CRITICISMS.
And I love you for that.
<3

Gamerkd16
March 10th, 2008, 12:12 AM
You come on strong. Someone comes in here and you tear them apart. It can piss people off at times I suppose.

One thing I don't understand is the fact the illegalcheats makes an apology thread and is forgiven in some cases. That other kid makes one, and is banned and locked. Am I missing something here, or does that seem completely unfair?

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Cheatsman was originally banned to save ourselves from a dramabomb we were sure people were to make should he stick around. He contacted us, asked to be allowed into the boards, and we agreed. The other guy, Hunter, was previously temp banned for accumulated points and duplicate accounts. When I saw he had made another account, I instantly banned it. His temp ban had expired, he talked with polar to consolidate his accounts, and that resulted from me not realizing that was now his main account. The event has been resolved.

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 12:32 AM
You come on strong. Someone comes in here and you tear them apart. It can piss people off at times I suppose.

If you ever go to college as some form of art major, you will learn critiques are the most vicious thing ever. Snaf is a pussie at critiques when compared to my professors.

jngrow
March 10th, 2008, 12:41 AM
If you ever go to college as some form of art major, you will learn critiques are the most vicious thing ever. Snaf is a pussie at critiques when compared to my professors.

I don't get why people can't just say "Fix this, it doesn't look good" then go into detail on exactly what's wrong with it. When people say "OMFG it fucking sucks because..." it seems like unneeded harshness.

LlamaMaster
March 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I don't get why people can't just say "Fix this, it doesn't look good" then go into detail on exactly what's wrong with it. When people say "OMFG it fucking sucks because..." it seems like unneeded harshness.
I agree. It's one thing to tell someone whats wrong with something, but it's just mean when you completely destroy it and make them feel like crap.

Edit: Meh, that is true to legionaire. When my ass got hammered, it really stuck a "I'll show you, I'll be awesome!" mindset in me.

legionaire45
March 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Because the only way the student is going to get the message into his head is through being yelled at/hurt by the teacher. It can be nasty at times but that is precisely what gets the message into your head.

If that post doesn't make sense grammatically blame the NyQuil D=.

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Not that the kidlets here know about it, but in critiques I get told my work sucks so I have to prove them wrong and talk about it.

Atty
March 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM
They had you because of penis envy, thats all.

Bodzilla
March 10th, 2008, 01:05 AM
They had you because of penis envy, thats all.
what?
are all his teachers Asians or something?

:confused2:

n00b1n8R
March 10th, 2008, 01:40 AM
there's a difference between being honest and being an honest asshole.
sometimes you cross that line.

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Trust me, compared to what you've not seen, I'm completely friendly. How I speak is considered "social" where I've come from.

Snaf is a pussie at critiques when compared to my professors.
I'm sure your professors are pussies compared to mine. "Mild" for them is writing "what the fuck?" and "NO" in huge red markers on paper, ripping projects off the wall and crumbling/shredding them and pointing you out in front of your peers while simultaneously calling in a whole other classroom and instructor to make sure you get the point "DON'T COME TO MY CLASSROOM WITH THIS SHIT EVER".

Kalub
March 10th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Yea, I was totally dorking with 3DS Max (I semi-fail) and she called me out in front of the class -- Except, I did the owning with a kind, "Fuck off lets see you do anything better."

Just thought I might put that out there. >_>

n00b1n8R
March 10th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Trust me, compared to what you've not seen, I'm completely friendly. How I speak is considered "social" where I've come from.
that doesn't justify it.

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 03:38 AM
I don't care to justify it. That's just how it is.

Limited
March 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Because they know you didnt finish last stand :O

Only joking, probably because of your criticism, its generally not so sugar coated like other peoples.

Monopoly
March 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I don't understand this thread, would someone care to explain :confused2:

MNC
March 10th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I hardly converse with SnaF.

PenGuin1362
March 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Because rejection is one of the greatest motivators. If we went around saying oh that doesn't look good fix this, then they'd be like oh ok. and they would have no motivation to exceed expectations (this doesn't apply to everyone but in most cases it's the truth, however it applies to everyone at h2v). Harshness and cruelty is entirely needed when critiquing art. if you don't like it, don't be an artist. plain and simple. We're not going to hold your fucking hand and walk you down the god damn aisle.

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Because they know you didnt finish last stand
:smithicide:

Apoc4lypse
March 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Is it that the people who act like douches find time to hate me because I'm a prominent and visible community member and "popular"

ROFL

ever watched mean girls bro :XD:

Also who ever says I'm dumb cuz I watched a "girls movie" shud grow some balls and open ther mind.

Snaf what you just said was, people act like douches to you because your "popular".

Maybe people act like douches to you because of your behavior? Ever think of that one, everyone in this community fails to realize this (so does basically everyone online). If you behave a certain way to someone, they will behave in the same manor, treat others as you wish to be treated, its a simple life lesson that many people online fail to realize because they have the benefit of hiding behind their own text and the internet.

I'm not sayin ur a mean person snaf, I'm just saying really think about what you did and how you could have offended anyone who's ever been a douche to you. Also remember that text can be interpreted in many different ways than originally intended.

One thing I don't understand is the fact the illegalcheats makes an apology thread and is forgiven in some cases. That other kid makes one, and is banned and locked. Am I missing something here, or does that seem completely unfair?

It really all depends on how they react to the critiques given to them.

Another thing I would like to point out about criticism which is overlooked constantly (even in the art world zeph, and I agree in the art world criticism is nasty stuff sometimes) Constructive-criticism is defined as non-hostile tips and comments about anything and how it can be improved upon. The key word is that constructive-criticism is meant to be non-hostile no matter how bad it might be, once you say it sucks, its not being very constructive anymore, and it therefore been changed to what we call criticism which can be both positive and also extremely negative.

The problem we have is that, the majority of this board is made up by people who have seen the modeling skills of this community evolve, so when we see something that looks cruddy were quick to point it out, and if its terrible we will usually say so.

Going back to art classes and such though, compare your college art classes to an art class you might take in highschool. In highschool you will find that the teacher is very lenient, but will give constructive criticism, very rarely will the teacher give negative criticism if at all, this is because most kids might be just starting out in art in highschool (although some might be far along) the teacher in order to actually teach and further the art students along can't just go around brutally commenting on the students art work, it will make them not like art probably, and it will hurt feelings and all that mumbo jumbo, there fragile.

Now if you look at a college art class, the professor or what ever is going to expect to have serious students, ones who want to improve and know where they stand skill wise, so they will be able to handle more negative critique and will be intelligent about constructive criticism and try to apply it, there used to being art students and there used to learning and they have probably gotten used to negative critique.

Now when ever a noob comes to the board and posts something we might not like, thats like having a highschool art student walk into a college level art class and the professor decides to tear there work apart bit by bit and tell them how bad it is.

Make sense now maybe? You can't be brutal with the noobs no matter how bad they are, simply because we don't have this community split up. (there isn't a section for people still learning theres just one discussion area so everythings mixed and mashed up inton one area) So theres the little guys or the noobs trying to get some critique next to the picassos of the board posting amazing work. They already feel small, then to have someone come in and say that fucken sucks or saying start over (I don't like this one either although sometimes it needs to be said) or just saying thats terrible, my eyes are bleeding, I cant see, etc etc... the noobs just going to leave and either find someplace else to go, or just not model anymore, or if there tough enough they'l go away practice and come back better then ever, which I have seen a few people do.

Then again even after stating all that, I believe that people who truly want to do this stuff will find the strength in them selves to ignore all the bullshit when first starting out and will find there place if they truly love what there doing and want to get better. Although sometimes there are people like this that just can't emotionally handle the criticism.

I deal with something similar everytime I go snowboarding, I believe its one of the harshest things ever actually. People love to tear other people apart on the slopes, tbh I have no idea why, and its become something many of them do, especially in new jersey (I swear this state is half an asshole sometimes). Even though people yell at me occasionally, like from a chairlift about how I'm weak or I suck, or if I fall they'll yell something like you fucken suck. I just ignore it, because I love the sport too much to stop anyway. The best part is I know I love the sport enough that one day I'll be 10 times better then the douche bag that was yelling at me, so I ignore him and go back to working on my skills. Another thing that pisses me off is that when people see other people doing this (yelling at people for sucking) they usually start doing it too because most people do it for fun, idk why they think its fun, they think its like part of the sport or something, acting like ur all that and shit.

Emmzee
March 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
:words:
Being verbose doesn't make you smart or right.

Snaf is brutally honest, and most idiots can't handle that. If they can't handle it, they should get off the Internet, or just go back to Halomaps, where everyone adores them for their shitty box maps and 15k poly bipeds.

You know what? maybe you should get off the Internet.

Apoc4lypse
March 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Snaf is brutally honest, and most idiots can't handle that. If they can't handle it, they should get off the Internet, or just go back to Halomaps, where everyone adores them for their shitty box maps and 15k poly bipeds.

You know what? maybe you should get off the Internet.

Talking like your the only one who's right doesn't make you the only one whose right either...

smart ass.

words that.

I love close minded people, especially the ones who think there clever like you. At least I typed up something that weighed both sides of the subject and presented backing for each side of the argument. Instead of just stating one thing and claiming I know everything about the situation while not providing any real proof, do you visit halomaps? You also jump to more conclusions believing everyone adores them for box maps, which is not the case. When I run into a box map I try to give constructive criticism with out hurting there feelings. Which if you took the time to look, some of them do act this way.

You how ever seem to think nothings wrong with saying its shitty.

Your logic is similar to me going up to you in real life and saying you dress like a wanna be with baggy clothing and flashy jewelry or what ever u wanna call it. Or just plain calling you a loser cuz you did something dumb.

Would you take that shit, no you'd probably either explain your self, get annoyed, or try to fight me, or just attempt to come up with a witty comeback. Hell maybe you'd cry idk, but your not just going to sit there while I tear your style to pieces, its the same thing in this forum when people flip out when there stuff gets made fun of or torn apart, what do you expect them to say "thank you sir may I have another"?

Also where did I ever state that I was smart, or correct. I simply stated my opinion and tried to back it up with explanations.

EDIT: I'd also love to hear you explain to me why I should get off the internet? For caring too much about other peoples feelings? Caring about how what I type might effect someone.

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
GUYS THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME OK :smith:

Emmzee
March 10th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry, but all I read was a pathetic attempt to save face.

It's hilarious how you think I don't back up anything.

You also jump to more conclusions believing everyone adores them for box maps, which is not the case. When I run into a box map I try to give constructive criticism with out hurting there feelings.That's the problem. You're infantilizing them. If their feelings never get hurt, they'll never change and continue to make shitty box maps. It takes a healthy dose of reality to make someone improve.

Your logic is similar to me going up to you in real life and saying you dress like a wanna be with baggy clothing and flashy jewelry or what ever u wanna call it. Or just plain calling you a loser cuz you did something dumb.

Would you take that shit, no you'd probably either explain your self, get annoyed, or try to fight me, or just attempt to come up with a witty comeback.All I read was, "I could so beat you up in real life." This is clearly a desperation tactic. The fact of the matter is, I will never see you in real life, so this point is irrelevant. Good job.

ever watched mean girls bro :XD:

Also who ever says I'm dumb cuz I watched a "girls movie" shud grow some balls and open ther mind.Once again, something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I deal with something similar everytime I go snowboarding, I believe its one of the harshest things ever actually. People love to tear other people apart on the slopes, tbh I have no idea why, and its become something many of them do, especially in new jersey (I swear this state is half an asshole sometimes). Even though people yell at me occasionally, like from a chairlift about how I'm weak or I suck, or if I fall they'll yell something like you fucken suck. I just ignore it, because I love the sport too much to stop anyway. The best part is I know I love the sport enough that one day I'll be 10 times better then the douche bag that was yelling at me, so I ignore him and go back to working on my skills. Another thing that pisses me off is that when people see other people doing this (yelling at people for sucking) they usually start doing it too because most people do it for fun, idk why they think its fun, they think its like part of the sport or something, acting like ur all that and shit.That analogy isn't any good, nor is it needed for your "argument." People shouldn't model and make maps, etc. for fun. They should do it to improve the community. The fun's just an added bonus. If someone says they "just do something for fun," they're not very good at it.

Maybe people act like douches to you because of your behavior? Ever think of that one, everyone in this community fails to realize this (so does basically everyone online). If you behave a certain way to someone, they will behave in the same manor, treat others as you wish to be treated, its a simple life lesson that many people online fail to realize because they have the benefit of hiding behind their own text and the internet.

I'm not sayin ur a mean person snaf, I'm just saying really think about what you did and how you could have offended anyone who's ever been a douche to you. Also remember that text can be interpreted in many different ways than originally intended.Read this section again and you'll see where you contradicted yourself.

You can't be brutal with the noobs no matter how bad they are
If you're so respectful of their feelings, why are you using a derogatory term to describe them? The hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

Apoc4lypse
March 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
If you're so respectful of their feelings, why are you using a derogatory term to describe them? The hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

Oh I'm sorry I was trying to talk like my e-penis stretches from here to the moon.

I give up on you have a nice life. :)

Just so you know, you have to do a little more then just quote me to sound like you know what your talking about, you need to read too, and pay attention to my own quotes, the mean girls quote was directed as a joke in relation to something snaf said earlier, and I talk to snaf all the time on aim, so it was not indeed an attack directed at him like you thought it was.

Phopojijo
March 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM

You know what? maybe you should get off the Internet.As Snaf would say -- here is time for my signature word:

Tact

You wouldn't call your girlfriend a porker.
You wouldn't call your boss a greedy fucking asshole.
You wouldn't call your mother a skank... okay you might if she doesn't get you Chocolate Milk...

While some/all of these may or may not be true... {depending on personal situations... #1 and #3 are obviously jokes and references to Grand Theft Auto 3 and Youtube respectively} you don't need to say them... and if you do say them, you could say them in a better way.

The internet isn't a place where you can be the bully in life.

Grow up and be mature... or you won't be getting off the internet.

Gamerkd16
March 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Cheatsman was originally banned to save ourselves from a dramabomb we were sure people were to make should he stick around. He contacted us, asked to be allowed into the boards, and we agreed. The other guy, Hunter, was previously temp banned for accumulated points and duplicate accounts. When I saw he had made another account, I instantly banned it. His temp ban had expired, he talked with polar to consolidate his accounts, and that resulted from me not realizing that was now his main account. The event has been resolved.
Oh, ok gotcha.

And you wanted my honest opinion, so that's what I gave you. Granted I won't tear you to shreds in my criticism. That's just not me. :D

I would just like to say that the noobs that come here asking for criticism aren't looking for something as drastic as you give them. Insult their work too much in a really cruel way, you're going to discourage them from doing anything anymore. For a first-timer, you should go easy on them a little bit. Once they are used to the community then you can do what you do now, since they know you better. But started them off with the criticisms you give them will just make some of them give up.

You also do give off the appearance of being a smartass to everyone at times. Like you're better than everyone else. That may be true in modeling skills, but generally people don't like it when others are condescending to them.

Emmzee
March 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
As Snaf would say -- here is time for my signature word:

Tact

You wouldn't call your girlfriend a porker.
You wouldn't call your boss a greedy fucking asshole.
You wouldn't call your mother a skank... okay you might if she doesn't get you Chocolate Milk...

While some/all of these may or may not be true... {depending on personal situations... #1 and #3 are obviously jokes and references to Grand Theft Auto 3 and Youtube respectively} you don't need to say them... and if you do say them, you could say them in a better way.

The internet isn't a place where you can be the bully in life.

You act like I act this way in real life. I won't be bullied by someone who calls me a bully.

Con
March 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
wouldn't it suck to be trapped in the internet? :o

Gamerkd16
March 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Ah, the internet. The one place where the smallest and weakest geek can be a bully to everyone and have no repercussions. :lol:

Skiiran
March 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM
What the fuck is this bullshit.

I go and have school and some idiot runs in here and tries to rip the group a new one over sensitivity?

No. Snaf's criticisms in general seem to be valid. Charging in here and un-concisely stating "LUL YOUR A DOUCHBAG HERES MY TWENTY PAGE POWERPOITN ON WHY" is dumbassery.

And I mean, I can't account for everything Snaf's said. I'm not the Secret Service of Snaf. Maybe sometimes he has been a bit too harsh and not noticed the line crossed between criticisms and flaming. Who hasn't?

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm sure your professors are pussies compared to mine. "Mild" for them is writing "what the fuck?" and "NO" in huge red markers on paper, ripping projects off the wall and crumbling/shredding them and pointing you out in front of your peers while simultaneously calling in a whole other classroom and instructor to make sure you get the point "DON'T COME TO MY CLASSROOM WITH THIS SHIT EVER".

hahaha. pretty much, yeah. We dont turn in papers with our stuff, so you've got me beat with the red markers. We usually sit our stuff on the floor up against the wall in the hall and spend some time going around looking at each others stuff. The professor walks down the line for critique. Ive seen work get torn, scribbled, folded, made fun of, and thrown.

My favorite two are amazing. First one was because most people use rubber cement to mount their stuff. One of my professors went up to something he really didn't like, pulled it off the board, flipped it over, and pressed it back against the board. He then yelled, "HOLY SHIT!!!! It looks soo much better now!" The other was subtle, but amazing. There's a trashcan setting up against the wall we set our work on. When he came to the last two one his side of the trash can, he picked both up and as he turned around he dropped one in the trash.

Emmzee
March 10th, 2008, 06:50 PM
hahaha. pretty much, yeah. We dont turn in papers with our stuff, so you've got me beat with the red markers. We usually sit our stuff on the floor up against the wall in the hall and spend some time going around looking at each others stuff. The professor walks down the line for critique. Ive seen work get torn, scribbled, folded, made fun of, and thrown.

My favorite two are amazing. First one was because most people use rubber cement to mount their stuff. One of my professors went up to something he really didn't like, pulled it off the board, flipped it over, and pressed it back against the board. He then yelled, "HOLY SHIT!!!! It looks soo much better now!" The other was subtle, but amazing. There's a trashcan setting up against the wall we set our work on. When he came to the last two one his side of the trash can, he picked both up and as he turned around he dropped one in the trash.
My math teacher this year has taken up the habit of posting the names of students who failed her quizzes and what grade they got on her door for all to see.

With commentary.

Sadly, I have yet to experience the awesome college professors who do what you guys are talking about.

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
My math teacher this year has taken up the habit of posting the names of students who failed her quizzes and what grade they got on her door for all to see.

With commentary.

Sadly, I have yet to experience the awesome college professors who do what you guys are talking about.

It's gotta be art. They're the only ones that really care about your education.

PenGuin1362
March 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
GUYS THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME OK :smith:

snaf has a sexy mustache...owait

Bodzilla
March 10th, 2008, 08:28 PM
oh god stop creating walls of text here.
god.

sometimes i swear i'll.....

itszutak
March 10th, 2008, 08:35 PM
god.

YOU'RE LEAVING US HANGING :gonk:

Bodzilla
March 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM
well i'm always hanging.
:^D

SnaFuBAR
March 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
well i'm always hanging.
:^D
the little blue pill fixes that.

Apoc4lypse
March 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
god.

I'll make walls of text where I please, as long as there on topic and relevant :D

Whether or not they actually get read I could care less, but if you plan to respond to my walls of text I certainly hope you actually read through it all, especially when your going to question what I said, other wise whats the point if you didn't read it. :eek:

What ever..

uh yea, snaf and his mustache :confused2: hes got a beard too, and its sexay : O )

Zeph
March 10th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I has a beard.

Kalub
March 10th, 2008, 09:40 PM
tl;dr

ALso, its because you didnt stand up for Poland when hitler invaded, instead you gave him a hug :saddowns:

Skiiran
March 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'll make walls of text where I please, as long as there on topic and relevant :D

Whether or not they actually get read I could care less, but if you plan to respond to my walls of text I certainly hope you actually read through it all, especially when your going to question what I said, other wise whats the point if you didn't read it. :eek:

What ever..

uh yea, snaf and his mustache :confused2: hes got a beard too, and its sexay : O )
Honestly I couldn't give a shit about your self-righteous stand against internet bullies while becoming one yourself.

PenGuin1362
March 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM
tl;dr

ALso, its because you didnt stand up for Poland when hitler invaded, instead you gave him a hug :saddowns:

who WOULDN'T hug hitler. gosh kalub : |

Phopojijo
March 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
You act like I act this way in real life. I won't be bullied by someone who calls me a bully.I was actually referring to people who think that flaming qualifies as "criticism" in general. I actually don't really pay attention much to *who* says *what*.

It was your comment that the internet is a place for people to put up or shut up that made me quote you.

My attention span is literally 3 threads long. I don't even know if you ever actually did criticize anyone personally. I really don't care o.o I respond to what I'm reading.

Con
March 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM
but..but..poland :(
is awesome
am half polish

Phopojijo
March 10th, 2008, 11:31 PM
but..but..poland :(
is awesome
am half polishAnd the other half German? OH THE IRONY!

Con
March 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM
lol no, the other half is Canadian/French/Ojibwa

PenGuin1362
March 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM
So half polish and half useless? :)

jk con scars <3.......wait a minute eh. where be mah textures mister <:mad:>

t3h m00kz
March 11th, 2008, 03:21 AM
From my experiences with Snaf, he tends to be a bit of an ass when it comes to criticizing. I'm not saying I'm the best modeler out there or anything, hell if I made a map it'd be like something a four year old shat out. Which is why I'm never going to post any possible models I might make in the future on this forum ;P

I've got nothing against the guy, he's a great modeler, and he definetly knows his shit, but seems to have a bit of a high and mighty aura around him. His criticisms can be really fucking harsh sometimes, and too be honest, rather than motivating people to do better and exceed expectations, it can have the opposite effect, the whole "GOSH I MUST FAIL ASS AT MODELING I GIVE UP JEEZ" scenario.

If I were an expert modeler, I'd be more like the "You definetly have potential" type, as opposed to "IT IS MASSIVE FAIL FIX IT I CAN'T LOOK AT IT" type that I'm assuming people have claimed Snaf to be.

Outside of his criticisms he seems to be a relatively good guy and can be pretty friendly sometimes. However I haven't seen too much of it to make an honest judgement. But hey, you asked, and I answered.

Brutally honestly.

Bodzilla
March 11th, 2008, 03:23 AM
come here baby <3

:glomp:

t3h m00kz
March 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM
come here baby <3

:glomp:

Watch out while you're back there, it'd be like throwing a hot dog down a hall way.

Tweek
March 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
half of the shit snaf says he copypastes from me anyway.

SnaFuBAR
March 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
great minds think alike mister <:mad:>

PenGuin1362
March 11th, 2008, 08:16 PM
both you know you;re just jealous of my extreme cruelty

Warsaw
March 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
From my experiences with Snaf, he tends to be a bit of an ass when it comes to criticizing. I'm not saying I'm the best modeler out there or anything, hell if I made a map it'd be like something a four year old shat out. Which is why I'm never going to post any possible models I might make in the future on this forum ;P

I've got nothing against the guy, he's a great modeler, and he definetly knows his shit, but seems to have a bit of a high and mighty aura around him. His criticisms can be really fucking harsh sometimes, and too be honest, rather than motivating people to do better and exceed expectations, it can have the opposite effect, the whole "GOSH I MUST FAIL ASS AT MODELING I GIVE UP JEEZ" scenario.

If I were an expert modeler, I'd be more like the "You definetly have potential" type, as opposed to "IT IS MASSIVE FAIL FIX IT I CAN'T LOOK AT IT" type that I'm assuming people have claimed Snaf to be.

Outside of his criticisms he seems to be a relatively good guy and can be pretty friendly sometimes. However I haven't seen too much of it to make an honest judgement. But hey, you asked, and I answered.

Brutally honestly.

Took the words out of my head. Though, for me it isn't modeling, it's drawing. Just comparing some of the stuff I've drawn to what I've seen of his (mind you, it was only one thing, so maybe I didn't really get a complete impression), I would have to say that I am not impressed in the least bit.

Modeling on the other hand...well, anybody can kick my ass there.

Just my two cents.

SnaFuBAR
March 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Took the words out of my head. Though, for me it isn't modeling, it's drawing. Just comparing some of the stuff I've drawn to what I've seen of his (mind you, it was only one thing, so maybe I didn't really get a complete impression), I would have to say that I am not impressed in the least bit.

Modeling on the other hand...well, anybody can kick my ass there.

Just my two cents.
once you learn how to draw you'll see the difference and skill applied to my art ;) lol, just making a jab at ya.

DrunkenSamus
March 11th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Watch out while you're back there, it'd be like throwing a hot dog down a hall way.

Something tells me you don't watch Family Guy.

t3h m00kz
March 12th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Something tells me you don't watch Family Guy.

I used to... haven't had cable for about a year and a month though so there you go.

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING BTW

n00b1n8R
March 12th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I used to... haven't had cable for about a year and a month though so there you go.

What's that got to do with watching family guy?

Kornman00
March 12th, 2008, 07:25 AM
So I noticed...Family Guy is off topic.

Sel
March 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
So I noticed...Family Guy is off topic.

So I noticed that Zlad is god.

Kornman00
March 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
So I noticed...that Zlad is the Anti-Pope.
So I noticed...I ftfu

nooBBooze
March 12th, 2008, 10:52 AM
2pNTrYd-4FQ
am i doin it rite?

true.