PDA

View Full Version : Question thread. :/

itszutak
March 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
So. I am going to start my own single player campaign; I have already thought up a script and how I'm going to do most of the cinematics.

Before I start, (And this include learning how to script, animate, and model, which means...Well, a lot of time and effort) I would like to know a few things:

-Can weapons (on the ground) be made to collide with the player in a way vaguely like bipeds, vehicles, and scenery?

-Can scripted voices be toggled by looking at certain objects for a certain period of time? (Similar to looking around Black Mesa East in HL2)

-Is it possible to make a vehicle behave as listed directly below?
A cryotube; directly above it is some sort of balcony or something. Inside the tube is the player. Balcony falls, glass smashed, and player gets "press E to exit" or similar message. Upon doing so, player exits or is treated to a cutscene of exiting, and cryotube is un-re-enterable.

I understand a lot of this is very ambitious, and will take most likely a year or so, at the least, to complete.

Timo
March 18th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I think you're able to make it so voices are scripted like that - it's used when you play Halo on easy for the first time, when you don't look at the guy telling you what to do.

Ki11a_FTW
March 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
i know weapons collide with vehicles and scenery, not sure about bipeds though

to make a cryotube like that it would take more then a single vehicle tag, you would need to make a device machine for the smashing part