PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Wireless Networking and Xbox Live

An Emu
January 31st, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hey, I'm trying to get Xbox live connected again, but my wireless network is being stupid... I have a Netgear WPNT834 Router broadcasting a WEP encrypted signal and an Xbox Wireless Adapter USB thing. The Xbox recieves a strong signal from the router (as it is just in the other room), but when i connect to it, the little dot on the xbox dashboard indicating connection is red, and the activity dot is blank. I have tried opening ports on my router, namely UDP 88 and TCP/UDP 3074 to the ip address 192.168.1.6 (which i manually assigned to the xbox). I still have no luck. I have tried using various IP addresses, and switching between the manual and automatic settings on my xbox, but the connection test never gets past the second step because it gets no connection to the network. My computer can connect fine to the wireless network, and at this point i have run out of ideas.

Oh BTW, I can connect to xbox live on my neighbors wireless network, but the signal is so poor, it only gets one bar, and it fades in and out. I havent signed up for xbox live gold yet, but the downloads are very very slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edward Elrich
February 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
From what I know, Xbox Live works best with an Eathernet connection, but does support wireless cards. Try moving the wireless reciever closer to the router, and make sure it's not practically on the back wall of wherever your Xbox is. Anyone who actually has Xbox Live can probably explain better, but this is my opinion.

Atty
February 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
From what I know, Xbox Live works bestEverything works better with a hard line connection vs wireless.

Call -- 1-800-4-My-Xbox -- They know everything.

legionaire45
February 13th, 2007, 09:18 PM
try updatng the firmware on your router. Fixed my GoW and H2 issues.