PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here feel up to a challenge?

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 03:00 AM
Reaper was working on this (http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/rossmum/HammerofJusticeconcept-top.jpg), though over a year down the track he's spent maybe 10 hours or so on it... and I have enough shit to worry about without having to wait over a year just for a model to get a quarter, maybe a third done. He's done a pretty damn good job so far, but I don't have the patience or the time for that matter to wait until he next feels like devoting 5 minutes to a minor tweak or two and then go back to waiting some more.

If anyone here is good at Covenant stuff and feels up to it, this ship (bottom view (http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/rossmum/HammerofJusticeconcept-bottom.jpg)) is going to be part of a Source or maybe H2V project I'm working on, and it needs to be fairly detailed (since combat will take place around and on the ship, as well as inside) and fairly long (between 600-1,200 metres, though I think 800 or so should be more than enough). Interiors are going to be done afterwards to ensure it all fits and Snaf will be doing the control room as well as a few other portions.

For more info, original thread (http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36974&highlight=hammer+justice)

Help on this would be great, guys. I really want to get this done, and I'd rather not be the next SVC and still not have a release over 2 years later.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 03:02 AM
You never cease to amaze me with your arrogance ross. How many times must I remind you that I'd rather spend my time in the real world. I find these SVC assumptions quite absurd, seeing as this project was nowhere near as advertised as the failure of Vertigo City. I really doubt that anybody has been sitting around excitedly awaiting the completion of this. But sure, if you want to kick me from the 'team', the one who initially came up with the idea of a full-ship map, which your input turned it into a full covenant ship idea.

The current model sans-tail:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/120/hojie7.jpg

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM
Excuse me, but right now I have considerably more to worry about than you do (at least from what you've told me, anyway) and considering how much time you spend on MSN telling me you're "bored", one would think you would've done more.

Stop taking it out on me every time you get all pissy about something, the last thing I need is friends bitching at me just because I asked them to do something they volunteered for a year ago and never finished.

If you want to bitch, do it on MSN. Preferably to someone else. Just let me get on with my thread, since if you were interested at all you might've spent at least some of that time you were "bored" working on it.

And like I said in the orig. thread, I had this idea years ago so don't try claim the idea was all yours.

Leiukemia
February 1st, 2007, 03:12 AM
I'd offer my help, but sadly I'm not much of a halo freak, and know nothing of the way covenany structure works. Good luck though, if you've got anything with some good referance pics so I don't have to pick my brain, I could do fine.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM
Bitch about what? At this current date and time, I am pretty content with my life. What is there to 'bitch' about, apart from you getting irritated at me for something that, to be frank, I'd forgotten about?

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 03:15 AM
@ Reaper: Whatever. Go ahead and do whatever, if you actually forgot about it then I can't see it getting done any time soon...

@ Leiukemia: Those are the only two I have for this specific ship, but in terms of structure it's not really that different from a shortened Covenant cruiser (as seen in Halo and H2). The only major difference other than size and internal layout is the nose underside, the small bulges along the top of the ship, and the fact there's two hangars instead of four.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 03:18 AM
Suit yourself. I'm sure there are people capable of doing a much better job than I have done, as tbh, I am not terribly proud of the model. And, I haven't seen you contribute anything more to this mod than just words.

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 03:19 AM
You were going great actually, you probably could've finished it by now if you'd quit procrastinating and worked on it last time I asked...

Leiukemia
February 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM
Hmmm. Well I've got 4 days to plunder with nothing to do, semester switch so 5 day weekend. If you would like me to do a part, feel free to ask. I'll go and look around at some covenant shiznit.

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM
Anything you want, it's all good. Snaf has dibs on the control room though.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 03:24 AM
I could've done a lot of other things too if I hadn't procrastinated. But that's besides the point. I don't see your contribution anywhere other than verbally.

Timo
February 1st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Take it to PM's ladies. Or the mud ring, it's your choice.
http://web.mit.edu/skkelly/www/Pix/mud.jpg

Leiukemia
You guys might want to take that to pms... So are we talking interior or exterior? I'll talk to you on aim or msn tomorrow maybe?

rossmum
I could've done a lot of other things too if I hadn't procrastinated. But that's besides the point. I don't see your contribution anywhere other than verbally.
Aside from coming up with the ship's name, the backstory, the gameplay style and how to make it work in such a massive map, the entire internal layout, the skybox theme, battle damage, the weaponry, the lighting and gravity, most of the biped's abilities, the team colours idea, pretty much any other change to your stock-standard Halo gameplay...

Yeah, I haven't contributed at all. If you want to keep it up, get on MSN, don't do it here.

You guys might want to take that to pms... So are we talking interior or exterior? I'll talk to you on aim or msn tomorrow maybe?
Either, exterior would probably need to be done first though so we know how to fit stuff in.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 03:53 AM
So, who's replacing me on the exterior, seeing as you obviously don't want me on this 'team'?

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 04:11 AM
I do, I'd just like you to actually work on it...

Limited
February 1st, 2007, 06:04 AM
Let me get this straight..

10 hours on this?

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/120/hojie7.jpg

Wow

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 06:07 AM
No, 10 hours on redoing it about 3 times. That took him about 1 or 2.

Btd69
February 1st, 2007, 06:09 AM
Talk to Tweek, if not, I don't know of anyone including me who is able to due to other mod work.

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 06:10 AM
No, 10 hours on redoing it about 3 times. That took him about 1 or 2.
Bah, more like 40 minutes. And 10 hours? Hyperbole tbh.

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM
I might ask him when I see him, but last time I checked he was working on a HL2 mod :(

Limited
February 1st, 2007, 06:28 AM
So is that what the model looks like now?

So in theory, its been worked on for 10 hours

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Not that exact model though, since he started over a couple of times.

TeeKup
February 1st, 2007, 09:14 AM
I dont understand why you two are bitching like a married couple. It's obvious both of you are at fault for your own respective reasons. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. Jesus.

Ross I would help myself but I'm no good at Covenant architecture. However I WOULD ask Jayden, he recently created the Snowbound base (exterior) and it was pretty accurate, due to the Plane modeling tutorials Neuro and Snaf sent him. :)

Sever
February 1st, 2007, 10:08 AM
If I had the time to learn to map, I would be all over this, as well as about 20 high detail, quality gameplay maps of my own that I have been planning for years, two of which include parts of the interior and exterior of a small Covenant ship. If someone will teach me how to map or send me a few good tutorials on 3dsMAX or GMAX (your prefference rossmum) then I will help out as much as I can. I have three years of experience with Autodesk and Inventor (back in highschool though - I'm in college now) and a lot of experience with other simple map editors (Battlefield 1942).

Reaper Man
February 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM
So is that what the model looks like now?

So in theory, its been worked on for 10 hours
...I said before, that took me about 40 minutes, mainly because I was talking to ross as I made it. I may work on it this weekend, but I have quite a lot of other things I have to do, i.e. coursework.

legionaire45
February 1st, 2007, 07:40 PM
If I bring my µPC to school tomorow I may be able to fiddle with it. I cant really model well so I probably would just be reverse engineering it :x

rossmum
February 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
...I said before, that took me about 40 minutes, mainly because I was talking to ross as I made it. I may work on it this weekend, but I have quite a lot of other things I have to do, i.e. coursework.
<3

Offer's still open, the more the merrier.

Plus, Snaf doesn't have the time to do every interior section (will likely be modular so I can place them and then they can be joined).

TheGhost
February 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Oi, we don't need bickering on the boards. PM's, please.

rossmum
February 3rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Reaper and Ross, get married. Now. Seriously, you already act like it.

On another note, when this is ready, are the hangars going to be on opposite sides of the ship, such that you can grab a Banshee and fly over the top?

Yep, so long as you don't run into the ship's energy shield which will serve as a barrier, because invisible walls suck. Also, one hangar is going to be all screwed over and stuff, so good luck landing in there.

mR_r0b0to
February 5th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Oi, we don't need bickering on the boards. PM's, please.

i prefer the mud ring. :(

rossmum
February 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Well, I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to do it. So rest assured you'll be playing it. :)

Reaper Man
February 5th, 2007, 11:47 PM
*Sigh* I guess I'll be re-remaking the outside, this time in higher poly.

rossmum
February 6th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Wouldn't get you to do it if I didn't know you were good at it.

Get on MSN ASAP so we can go over the details.