View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Mods

Heathen
March 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
ATM there are a total of 4
Sandtrap with 7 Elephants
Highround with bipeds, skulls, and flags littering the joint
Last Resort with the same and a few turret gimmicks
Valhalla with the same and some tree's added in with ID swapping

Is this a potential danger to Halo 3 or is it safe since its only in Custom Games...?

Hotrod
March 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
It's only in Custom Games, and where could I find the Last Resort and Valhalla ones?

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
How is it even done?

Longshot
March 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
How is it even done?

From what I read over at halomods, I think they do it with a hex editor, correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
But how do you play them?

CtrlAltDestroy
March 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
They're "forge" map variants.

Hotrod
March 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
But how do you play them?

You download the Forge Map variants at Bungie.net, just like any other map variant,

JDMFSeanP
March 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
They use a CON resigner to resign xbox live files.

Heathen
March 23rd, 2008, 01:21 AM
right, its like modding Halo PC from what I understand...it's all ID swapping...

I have all the maps atm...there all on bungie...

I dont think it will damage anything since its strictly kept to Custom Games atm....but they (Antony, Veegie, etc.) said that it can be exploited...which is why he is keeping it to forge variants...basically they put a bunch of forge placable items in certain places, then change them to trees, turrets, "bots", whatever.

JDMFSeanP
March 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
The worry for exploits they have isn't for Halo 3, its for the xbox in general. The modding ability that they unlocked would allow you to get into all of the xbox live files and put them back onto your xbox, rendering things like achievements useless and allowing people to cheat in any game.

EDIT: You have valhalla with trees?

Phopojijo
March 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
... that and with modded content -- the need for micro transactions will be lessened. That's one of the reasons why Microsoft hasn't pushed Windows Marketplace yet... they know the average PC gamer will not want to fork out money for bonus packs when we're so used to either getting it or making it for free.

The console users aren't used to that and thus they can get away with charging people for maps and online time (the latter of which I admit I'm guilty of).

Hunter
March 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Any chance of someone linking us to these mods.

Tweek
March 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
are you freaking blind?

he just said he got em all off Halomods.
are you too lazy to type "halomods.com" and use the goddamn search function?
do you really need everyone to chew your damn food for you, so all you have to do is swallow?

Phopojijo
March 23rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Tweek man, you might want to chill a bit. You've been a bit hostile lately.

Kornman00
March 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
no, you're not suppose to have them in the first place, they were leaks.

Hey Tweek man, you might want to chill a bit. You've been a bit hostile lately.
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar283_3.gif u

Hotrod
March 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
are you freaking blind?

he just said he got em all off Halomods.
are you too lazy to type "halomods.com" and use the goddamn search function?
do you really need everyone to chew your damn food for you, so all you have to do is swallow?

Actually, at Halomods, they forbid the posting of Halo 3 mods, because they don't want them to go into the wrong hands.

ThaGoddlyBR
March 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
ill explain how there where made as shade4510 told me

He made a custom plugin for enginer so under Open Map it says Open Usermap
he opens it mods the maps then gives them to Athony to resign

heres pictures he sent me if a moderator wants to remove just do so i dont care

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1218/forgeeditorhu4.jpghttp://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8022/openusermapfe3.jpg

Hunter
March 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
1. Where can I get this plug in?
2. How do you get the map variant file onto your PC

Kornman00
March 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
1. Where can I get this plug in?
2. How do you get the map variant file onto your PC
1. No where.
2. xbox-scene.com

ThaGoddlyBR
March 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Shade Said this will never be relesed more importantly only anthony and shade have this program and these are for pictures not for request of plugin

CrAsHOvErRide
March 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Forget about H3 modding unless you can write a resigner yourself.
It's not really a matter of intelligence (although experience helps)...you need SDK Xbox360 with modified Kernel, a Disassembler/Debugger that supports the CPU architecture and a lot of good connections. :lmao:

ThaGoddlyBR
March 24th, 2008, 02:04 PM
yeh shadow lag relesed a CON resigner over at se7ensins so if we had this app we could m0d

Heathen
March 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
They are leaks and weren't supposed to be released. It makes me mad that people are taking credit for their mods. I feel kind of like an ass now that I'm attracting more attention that way, but I hadn't educated myself on their situation over there...ever since then I have seen locals from here go and ask questions there....my bad.

JDMFSeanP
March 25th, 2008, 10:24 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4059/halotechwp4.jpg

woo woo

by Veeg

Kornman00
March 26th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Attention whore as always

leorimolo
March 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Detox told me that the halo 3 build cheats didn't work and Vegie says they do

any ideas?

Kornman00
March 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Not an idea, but a Fact: the builds they have, have no cheat menu, so they can't work, and the code isn't there to begin with.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Dude, I love you for that comment. I'm not saying that I'm that much better but I still agree. :)

leorimolo
March 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Not an idea, but a Fact: the builds they have, have no cheat menu, so they can't work, and the code isn't there to begin with.
Yeah detox told me you checked it to see if it was present, Maybe its another build?

Heathen
March 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Leo...your sig and avi are awesome....

JDMFSeanP
March 27th, 2008, 09:57 PM

me or him :saddowns:

Kornman00
March 27th, 2008, 10:27 PM
him lol

JDMFSeanP
March 27th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Oh ok haha, I was like OH DERKA.

That snow valhalla looks awesome.

And korn I know you don't just sit there and do nothing. SHOW US TEH GOODS >:|

Kornman00
March 28th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Actually I do just sit here and do nothing (modding wise) lol. I haven't actually touched changing (at least, testing the act of) the game for a couple months. Other things are in the works that are more important than selfishly satisfying myself with modding.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Just for the lulz:
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=76529

This is the biggest bullshit ever. I don't know if I have ever seen more selfishness in my life.

"You cannot mod" - Oh yeah, it's in the modding section and oh wait you actually can.

" No Live modding, TDATA modding, or cheating discussion, at all. " - Are you fucking kidding me? He is constantly posting pictures of modified Only-Bungie armors or whatever etc.

Breaking the Xbox360 security is illegal already.

leorimolo
March 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Just for the lulz:
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=76529

This is the biggest bullshit ever. I don't know if I have ever seen more selfishness in my life.

"You cannot mod" - Oh yeah, it's in the modding section and oh wait you actually can.

" No Live modding, TDATA modding, or cheating discussion, at all. " - Are you fucking kidding me? He is constantly posting pictures of modified Only-Bungie armors or whatever etc.

Breaking the Xbox360 security is illegal already.

Trust me those mods aren't on xbox live, and I have played them

The forge mods on the other hand are on xbl and made by them

CrAsHOvErRide
March 28th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Trust me those mods aren't on xbox live, and I have played them

The forge mods on the other hand are on xbl and made by them
What the hell...you completely missed the point. :rolleyes:

leorimolo
March 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
What you mentioned (bungie only armours) and the latest things hes been dooing aren't CON mods

CrAsHOvErRide
March 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Still missing the point...also they do have posted modded content :rolleyes:

JDMFSeanP
March 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Crash are you dense?

You really get nothing of what he is saying do you?

CrAsHOvErRide
March 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Crash are you dense?

You really get nothing of what he is saying do you?
Actually I do, and I bet even more than you do. Since you are supporting his statements I have to assume that you also have missed the point.

Now once again for you two dense people...I haven't even argued about them modding on LIVE, neither do I care. Fact is that he created a topic which has contradictions inside only to support his superiority and that's what in my opinion is out of place.

"You can't mod!" - "Unless you are ME, MY BEST BUDDY, HIS BEST BUDDY, or Korn"

He could have left out all the parts which made his statements selfish. Why don't you say "It's illegal to mod and we don't support it" not like "Yeah you can, but you have to use the XED Pre-Share key to do something with SHA1 hash...WHATEVER...but lucky you people are incapable of doing so and are inferior and don't deserve and are incapable of using our tools and knowledge appropriately in the first place".

Korn found out these things way before they did, did he ran around waving a flag saying "I've cracked it. Please admire" ? No.

legionaire45
March 28th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not very versed in Console modding or modding for Halo 3 in general, but what exactly is this "Forge Engineer" app that those screenshots up there showed off? I'm assuming someone made some kind of level editor for forge levels or something?

Veegie has always been an asshole and an attention whore. I can't wait until someone not on this little list there comes up and slaps him in the face with a modded map :3. /hate.

From what I see of this the knowledge is going to end up getting out there eventually anyway. Not that I think most people will really even care because the generally Halo 3 Forge mapper/player couldn't tell the difference between a hex and a binary value, let alone figure out how to get the modded map on and off of their xbox.

JDMFSeanP
March 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
The way I see it as they are taking a way to show the public until they find a comparable way to release it. I find nothing wrong with that. Sure Veeg can be a dick, and probably shouldn't be one to get the mods, but at least he is answering questions.

I also believe Korn originally used a method that is not at significant to the normal fan-base, not trying to look down on what he did though and I do not know how he does it now.

What they use as of now is possibly dangerous to xbox live as a whole, so...yeah.

Kornman00
March 29th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Veegie has always been an asshole and an attention whore. I can't wait until someone not on this little list there comes up and slaps him in the face with a modded map :3. /hate.

He'll get what he deserves soon enough, don't worry ;)

I also believe Korn originally used a method that is not at significant to the normal fan-base, not trying to look down on what he did though and I do not know how he does it now.
I modified the game code, among other things. No matter what, you're going to have to be able to run unsigned code in order to modify maps.

You must realize, it was very hypocritical for veegie to post those screenshots, especially in that new thread they made. All he was wanting to do was show off what he could do and the fact that he had a test kit. Do I use my work or my what I may possess to boast an ego? No, because it's really immature. Sure, I probably tried at one point, but I grew up. Really, who wants to be "admired" by 12yrold little shits who get hard off of tag reference swapping :confused2:

Hotrod
March 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I don't have a problem with Veegie posting screenshots of Halo 3 modding, because I like seeing what can be done. I'm not a 12 year old "admirer", and it's not that impressive, because if everybody could play modded maps, the stuff he makes would be very simple compared to what some people would make.

So, I guess that all I really like is seeing the mods themselves.

Kornman00
March 29th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I was mainly generalizing the halomods community :P

JDMFSeanP
March 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM

I modified the game code, among other things. No matter what, you're going to have to be able to run unsigned code in order to modify maps.

You must realize, it was very hypocritical for veegie to post those screenshots, especially in that new thread they made. All he was wanting to do was show off what he could do and the fact that he had a test kit. Do I use my work or my what I may possess to boast an ego? No, because it's really immature. Sure, I probably tried at one point, but I grew up. Really, who wants to be "admired" by 12yrold little shits who get hard off of tag reference swapping :confused2:

Ah ok, thanks you for pointing that out, you have swayed my opinion.

Hotrod
March 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I was mainly generalizing the halomods community :P

I know, I was just saying my opinion on the modding, and I wanted to specify that I wasn't one of those 12 year olds, or those admirers. I agree with your analysis on the Halomods community though, sadly.

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
That snow valhalla looks awesome.
|

Snow Valhalla... (http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=354016)

thehoodedsmack
March 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Snow Valhalla... (http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=354016)

That looks horible. I applaud the advancement of modding, but the current output blows. Snow will never fall as depicted in those images. I specifically dislike the lack of snowfall on the bases. Granted, they probably use different bitmaps, but still. Ugh. Here's hoping we'll get better at it.

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I figured it was just re-skinning the ground texture....putting snow on the bases would need editing of the map itself (correct me if Im using the wrong term but that would be the maps geometry right?) And this, I'm pretty sure, is something they cannot do yet.

I think its actually kind of good....will it do the whole "your feet sink in" thing?

JDMFSeanP
March 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I believe they are doing shader swaps from the snow above (what I read).

And snow on the bases would be in maps and not geometry, unless you added like snow piles, then its geometry.

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 10:08 PM
yeah, thats what I meant...
but wouldn't it look retarted if it was just flat on the structures?

CrAsHOvErRide
March 31st, 2008, 08:53 AM

Might share...?

Heathen
March 31st, 2008, 03:34 PM
How do I download halo 3 mods my xbox 360?

//_- (http://bungie.net/)