PDA

View Full Version : Attempts at unfunny gay jokes.

Timo
March 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
We've been noticing a sharp increase of people making attempts at funny posts in threads that are generally related to being gay. All they're doing is sending threads off-topic, even if it is only for a few posts. Below are a few examples, but I can't be bothered searching out others because you probably already know what I mean. We've been pretty lenient so far with these posts, but if this keeps going and threads keep trailing off topic we'll have to start warning posts for it. :|

Examples:
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=233178&postcount=10
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=232042&postcount=7
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=232329&postcount=21
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=232349&postcount=933

ExAm
March 23rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
I started a topic about this a long time ago and Zeph locked it :mad:

Mass
March 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
My rule with offensive jokes is that they better be damn funny or you're just being an asswipe.

They're probably my least favorite kind of shitposting.

Con
March 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
also, shitposting in general has been on the rise

itszutak
March 23rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
also, shitposting in general has been on the rise
Agreed. Is there any forum without shitposting? I'd like to see it, since I feel like it's a lost cause here.

JDMFSeanP
March 23rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
This forum is nothing BUT shitposting.

People find themselves hilarious and try to act like the few kids on here that actually have enough sense to make good jokes at the right time and it just turns every thread into a horrible brainfuck to try and read.

My last two threads I've made on serious topics have gotten closed because kids thought it was so awesome of them to make jokes.

Its fucking stupid.

TeeKup
March 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
My rule with offensive jokes is that they better be damn funny or you're just being an asswipe.

They're probably my least favorite kind of shitposting.

Yes and thank you.

STLRamsFan
March 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM

People find themselves hilarious and try to act like the few kids on here that actually have enough sense to make good jokes at the right time and it just turns every thread into a horrible brainfuck to try and read.

My last two threads I've made on serious topics have gotten closed because kids thought it was so awesome of them to make jokes.

Its fucking stupid.

Which is why I left, personally I have found 99.99% of the jokes on here NOT funny one bit. I've seen too many attempts at a joke at the wrong time. Some members have something good to say and joke at the right times while others do it the other way around. I try to make my posts have at least something useful in all of them while attemping a joke every now and then. As for now, I'm out and may post again in the near future. Been a good run (said it before I know) but I need a break and am focusing a lot on life. Later.

Jay2645
March 23rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Hey, I made it on Timo's list of unfunny gay jokes!

I feel special inside.

But I'll try to clean it up, coming up with new gay jokes is a pain in the ass.

Do unfunny gay puns count as unfunny gay jokes? Because a forum without unfunny puns isn't punny.

Hunter
March 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Why don't you just all have jokes and sarcasm but make sure its directed at the topic being discussed and it isn't gay.

Then we can all have a laugh but stay on topic, it also makes people want to read the discussion.

DrunkenSamus
March 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM

I feel special inside.

Do unfunny gay puns count as unfunny gay jokes? Because a forum without unfunny puns isn't punny.

...what?

ExAm
March 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM

I feel special inside.

Come ON.

Mass
March 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM

I feel special inside.

Gay jokes are like Jew jokes in that they are only really funny when told by the people in question. Unless you're very witty, and to be honest you're not in my experience jay, don't bother.

Gwunty
March 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Gay jokes are like Jew jokes in that they are only really funny when told by the people in question. Unless you're very witty, and to be honest you're not in my experience jay, don't bother.
Dont forget the beaner jokes.

SnaFuBAR
March 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
don't forget about the YOU PEOPLE AREN'T FUNNY AT ALL.

thanks

Mass
March 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Grunt, that is a classic shitpost. Stay on topic or at least add something of mild intrest it takes me more than half a second to read.

Huero
March 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
God, you guys would have a field day at another forum I visit.
Gay jokes, and etc run rampant. It's all fun and games, though.

But it's fun. You guys take it too seriously; there's really no harm in it. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean others don't. Unless it detracts from the discussion; then in that case, it needs to be stopped.

Then again, reviewing the posts, they are detracting from the subject. So I suppose this action is necessary :V

Tweek
March 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
God, you guys would have a field day at another forum I visit.
Gay jokes, and etc run rampant. It's all fun and games, though.

But it's fun. You guys take it too seriously; there's really no harm in it. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean others don't. Unless it detracts from the discussion; then in that case, it needs to be stopped.

Then again, reviewing the posts, they are detracting from the subject. So I suppose this action is necessary :V

i dont mind gayjokes, i mind idiots and stupid people, and just retarded comments in general.

Bodzilla
March 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I started a topic about this a long time ago and Zeph locked it :mad:
thats because zeph is like gay LAWL!

>_>

They where done to death like 4 months ago.
just start giving out infractions dude :)

chicane
March 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
What about gay jokes that are funny? Are those allowed?

Masterz1337
March 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM

To true. It's pathetic that the forums have come to this level. The people in question should be ashamed of themselves. They've become worse than that entouage of cmt fanboys who came here. At least THEY posted about the topics they posted in.

For those of you who want to see what a forum should behave like, check out gearbox.

Hotrod
March 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Well, sure, they might have been funny for the first week or two, but once everybody started doing them, it just got annoying. I'm sure that some people get more affected by those jokes than others, and I hope to see them disappear.

Also, I agree with Masterz, the CMT fanboys were at least partially smart enough to not go and make dumb jokes all the time, and these forums are starting to fall to pieces. If we want to become better known, and get a better reputation, we have to stop with the shit-posting.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody in any way while posting this.

itszutak
March 23rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
I think that the reason all anyone here does is shitpost is because there's nothing else to do.

Halo CE is quiet. Possibly in a coma or dead; H2V failed from the start, and that's all this community really was about to begin with.

Dole
March 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Offensive to the third person or the second?

Horseshit. An attitude like that is the reason "nigger rap" remains a thriving industry, though it realistically should have died out years ago.

Mass
March 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Offensive to the third person or the second?
The person being talked about or talked to. If you don't laugh it's just an unwitty insult and tends to piss you off. If it's not actually amusing then you just have a derogatory comment, and people who spew derogatory comments deserve a ban.

Mainstream rap, or what you have so thoughtfully deemed "nigger rap" is hand selected by white record producers not only for their own financial gain but the lowering of black street culture in the eyes of the public. Furthermore, I am speaking of comedy, not music. I am not saying that gay jokes are best told by gay men because others won't mind them using the word fag, but rather that they clearly have a much better chance of having a proper understanding of the situation, what's cool to talk about and what isn't, and what is common and something people will identify with.

Neuro Guro
March 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
knock knock

Who's there?

9/11..

9/11 who?

I thought you would never forget.

Kornman00
March 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
knock knock

Who's there?

9/11..

9/11 who?

I thought you would never forget.
I'm sorry, but that was funny :lol:

Neuro Guro
March 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry, but that was funny :lol:

Awh shit, imadoinitwrong

Random
March 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Awh shit, imadoinitwrong

Yes you are doing it wrong.

p0lar_bear
March 24th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Sigh.

Final word: Gay jokes are flat out fucking banned.

Reason? It's getting old. Yes, Teekup has relations with other men. Har har. Time to beat the topic to death faster than a Scout can beat a Heavy to death! Let's accomplish that by derailing every topic in O/T with some sort of allusion to homosexuality. BONUS POINTS IF YOU INSINUATE THAT YOU YOURSELF ARE GAY! :v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v

Bodzilla
March 24th, 2008, 02:33 AM
why i could just cuddle you all night long right now polar.

:wink:
:P

righto i'll give it a rest, but that was just begging for it polar :V

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 02:35 AM
nigger rap
didn't take long for you to start spouting your tripe again, did it?

Bodzilla
March 24th, 2008, 02:39 AM
not worth the effort Snaf.

i saw his detention thread, and i read the replies by admins. Dole no matter what he does, how much he says wont ever get banned.

i miss Aggy.

n00b1n8R
March 24th, 2008, 02:40 AM
didn't take long for you to start spouting your tripe again, did it?
Exactly what I was thinking.

FRain
March 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, this is why I have been away much.

Seriously, last time I was here, I pretty much watched these few people that make apparently "valid" gay jokes pick on some little detail that the person created the topic for and turn it over into a gay anal sex rape thread. Seriously, what the shit?

Following that, I've been gone about 1/2 a month, and I come back expecting it to have died down, if even just a little bit, but nope, it's still going rampant. That rubber spray thread was a 100% valid thread, but you had to turn it into a gay thread.

Thank you very much P0lar for banning the gay jokes outright. Good man p0lar. Good man.

holy shit I just typed that up and its 7 AM

Masterz1337
March 24th, 2008, 09:53 AM
not worth the effort Snaf.

i saw his detention thread, and i read the replies by admins. Dole no matter what he does, how much he says wont ever get banned.

i miss Aggy.
Why's that bod? He should be treated like any moron that comes to these forums.

LinkandKvel
March 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Horseshit. An attitude like that is the reason "nigger rap" remains a thriving industry, though it realistically should have died out years ago.Really? Can't I just visit ONE thread without rap bashing and/or christian bashing? Does it make you guys feel that much better inside or something?

Bodzilla
March 24th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Why's that bod? He should be treated like any moron that comes to these forums.
To put it simply the admins didnt think he deserved to be in detention.
it was sort of a "well i dont know what to make of this, but we have to show where doing something so we'll appear to cave in and crackdown on him to get the community to settle down and stop harassing us.
btw, how was your hunting trip dole :)?"

<___<
also smooth masters, smooth.

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM

plenty worth the effort to tell a racist hate monger to fuck off. as for admins, they're lazy sons of bitches who are too damn scared to ban trolls like dole on the basis of "community growth". also, to you dole, straight out, FUCK YOU.

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
we all know the mods/admins are trolling just as hard as internet stains like dollypoo (<3 dowll, also diaf) so F?UCK YOU SNAF YOURE STATING THE OBVIUS

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hey Dole are you part of the KKK or something? You seem to hate everyone that's not white American Christian.

Mass
March 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM
He should know to tread lightly on the field of racism, why the hell would he go there.
It's an inaccurate term too, there are rap groups who are not derogatory capitalist meatheads and yet still use the term nigga. "Realistically should have died years ago." ...when did Dole become the ultimate authority on the proper direction of popular culture?

And to come out cussing in the worst veiled flamebait I've seen in a while. Not to just disagree but to actually declare my opinion "horseshit." Then to justify his stance with an unrelated baised opinion of his own, the "slippery slope" argumentative fallacy no less.

Plus, I think somewhere in there he claims that Dave Chappelle on blacks, George Takai on gays, and Mel Brooks on jews aren't funny and enabled by their status as community members to be particularly enjoyable.

LinkandKvel
March 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4159/immaturele6.jpg
Wow. People. No respect.

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4159/immaturele6.jpg
Wow. People. No respect.

boohoohoo. he said mean words.
also complaining about rep gets you an infraction.

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
dude you have 117 rep points.

LinkandKvel
March 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM
boohoohoo. he said mean words.
also complaining about rep gets you an infraction.
I'm not complaining about rep. I'm just wondering why? Why do you feel you just absolutely have to say this shit? Does it make you feel better inside? Helps you sleep at night?

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 06:35 PM
http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08132/rep335.jpg

i've got more rep than you, therefore, i'm superior.

ima_from_America
March 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
:lock:

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
no not yet, i want dole to confirm or deny his kkk status.

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM
at least im not making anti-gay shitjokes, i actually like teekup, and have the decency not to make stupid shitjokes about his sexual orientation.

at least i've got some fucking decency about that, also, wtf, are you taking me seriously?
fail.

Timo
March 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well this has been fun.