PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Blackout - Lockout remade for Halo 3 "Confirmed"

FireDragon04
March 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Comfirmed in title me=douche...sorry, should be Confirmed

So here it is:

Bungie.net (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13413)

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/A-Vehicles/AMapz/in_h3_LegDLC_Blackout05.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/A-Vehicles/AMapz/in_h3_LegDLC_Blackout04.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/A-Vehicles/AMapz/in_h3_LegDLC_Blackout02.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/A-Vehicles/AMapz/in_h3_LegDLC_Blackout03.jpg

HI-RES IMAGES: [VERY LARGE!!! WARNING!!!]

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/h3_LegDLC_Blackout05.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/h3_LegDLC_Blackout04.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/h3_LegDLC_Blackout02.jpg
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/h3_LegDLC_Blackout03.jpg

I'm defiantly looking forward to this new Legendary DLC, Most importantly Avalanche, but this looks awesome too.

SnaFuBAR
March 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
looks pretty amazing, but i wish they'd do danger canyon

FireDragon04
March 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Yea, a danger canyon fixed with Valhalla style visuals would be awesome. [/opinion]

demonmaster3k
March 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
dood [shot] tags pls, those are big screens

FireDragon04
March 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM
dood [shot] tags pls, those are big screens
Thats why i put them in Spoiler tags, ill update main post with smaller one also.

Heathen
March 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
DAMN! We(my friends) had been saying...I hope that moonlight map is lockout. I mean...lockout was at night right? Why couldn't that be it.... It looks great too.

Elite Killa
March 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
This takes everything I like (Nighttime, Snow, City [or better yet, modern-style]) and masterfully puts them together. And I always loved Lockout in Halo 2. Can't wait to play!

FireDragon04
March 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
My friend made a good point, its kinda 'cheap' that they made 2 remakes in one map pack, i would have liked Avalanche and 2 new maps in this DLC and Blackout and 2 more new maps in the next. I'm guessing that they'll be some more remakes (maybe 1) in the next DLC after Legendary... :confused:

Zeph
March 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM
DAMN! We(my friends) had been saying...I hope that moonlight map is lockout. I mean...lockout was at night right? Why couldn't that be it.... It looks great too.

*facepalm*

My opinion might change once I get ingame and can see the rest of the sky, but from what I can tell, the lighting looks off.

Kornman00
March 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Meh, the only thing I would care to see remade is danger canyon...

If I wanted to play lockout I would play Halo 2 Xbox\Vista, or just play Guardian in H3 because it feels the same to me.

Sever
March 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
My friend made a good point, its kinda 'cheap' that they made 2 remakes in one map pack, i would have liked Avalanche and 2 new maps in this DLC and Blackout and 2 more new maps in the next. I'm guessing that they'll be some more remakes (maybe 1) in the next DLC after Legendary... :confused:

Purple Reign was intended to be shipped in this map pack, and what we now know to be Blackout was intended for the next, but due to production delays, this is what we've got.

FireDragon04
March 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
^^Yea.

Although Purple Reign makes me think of 'Midship' i hope its a totally original covenant level, we don't have many/any in Halo 3.

That said, I'm still happy with this map pack for what it is atm, i just hope the 'NEXT' one is 'even' better. :eek:

beele
March 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Already looking forward to it :)

Flyboy
March 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I wanted a city map T_T

Terry
March 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Something just doesn't seem as aesthetically pleasing about it as the other maps. Then again, human maps usually don't look as good as the forerunner maps.

Either way, fans of lockout should be happy. I personally don't really care much for this map since I never did like lockout though, but I see why bungie did it.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Finally Lockout looks like a goddamnsomething and not like a labyrinth in heaven. :haw:

I'm not really impressed though...

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I personally wish they would redo Gemini from one of the map packs for Halo 2

Botolf
March 25th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Legendary Map Pack indeed.

Con
March 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
yeah, that's way better than ghost town

TeeKup
March 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Oh kickass.

Hotrod
March 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I had a feeling that they were remaking Lockout, but, I don't think that it will be the same with that environment, I mean, Lockout was a snow map, and this isn't. Well, we'll see once we play it.

JDMFSeanP
March 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
LOCKOUT WAS A SNOW MAP?

Looks good but it seems really small to me, and some of the jumps look tiny.., we'll see i guess.

p0lar_bear
March 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Maybe all of the competitive fags and their bandwagon butt-buddies will shut up now that their precious Lockout has been ported.

I have to say, looks pretty good. I look forward to playing it.

Hotrod
March 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
LOCKOUT WAS A SNOW MAP?

Well, it was kind of frozen, so I guess it was an ice map. Still, the message was clear, no?

Terry
March 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Maybe all of the competitive fags and their bandwagon butt-buddies will shut up now that their precious Lockout has been ported.

I have to say, looks pretty good. I look forward to playing it.

Strangely enough, no. If you go to the MLG forums, you'll even see that Frankie and Achronos showed up in one of the rising threads about this map. Like, they seriously were crying when this map wasn't being remade and hoping that moonlight sonata would be lockout...and when they get it....they complain?

p0lar_bear
March 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM
and when they get it....they complain?
It's because they have the sheer audacity to charge people 800 M$ for it.

Fucking MiKKKro$oft and their money grubbing! HOW DARE THEY MAKE MONEY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :maddowns:

jngrow
March 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Guardian is pretty much just a skewed version of Lockout. Shit, now that I think about it, a remake just seems dumb. Guardian has the lift room zone, the place underneath it, the sniping tower where the same style battles happen, the little ledge with plasma nades and explosives, basically the whole bottom floor.

Still looks cool, though.

Boba
March 25th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Am I the only person that couldn't stand lockout?

Longshot
March 26th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Yes. (no one quote me otherwise!) :lol:

Finally, a good 4 v 4 map, this is what, imo, Halo 3 needed. Love the night/snow theme too.

Now all we need is an urban city map. :D

paladin
March 26th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I hated lockout. And I think this map looks just thrown together.

Kornman00
March 26th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I really didn't\don't care for it.

StankBacon
March 26th, 2008, 02:40 AM
i think it looks amazing.

Jay2645
March 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I rather like it.

I'm waiting for the Easy and Normal Map Packs now.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 26th, 2008, 08:02 AM
:O
Jay, If that happends, I will give you a cookie.

Jay2645
March 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Chocolate Chip, please.

Llama Juice
March 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I think it looks pretty. Expecially with what their basemap was....

Lookin forward to playin it.

Elite Killa
March 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I mean, Lockout was a snow map, and this isn't
You don't think there's snow in the Antarctic?

Unless you mean there's no snow on the structure...

Syuusuke
March 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Well this isn't Lockout, it's "Blackout". It is a remake, so it doesn't necessarily have to be the same theme as Lockout since...well, it's a REMAKE!

Hotrod
March 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM

I meant on the structure, and Lockout was all blue, adding to the frozen theme.

Ki11a_FTW
March 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM
looks awesome.

Zeph
March 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM

You are aware most of the antarctic is considered a desert because of the sheer lack of precipitation, right? I'm sure a human structure like that would generate enough heat to clear most of what does land and the human occupation of said structure would clear the rest.

Darqeness
March 27th, 2008, 01:39 AM
If you look at the central platform there are a few thin patches of snow littered around.

Kornman00
March 27th, 2008, 02:12 AM
You are aware most of the antarctic is considered a desert because of the sheer lack of precipitation, right? I'm sure a human structure like that would generate enough heat to clear most of what does land and the human occupation of said structure would clear the rest.

Despite the lack of precipitation over the central portion of the continent, ice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice) there lasts for extended time periods. Heavy snowfalls are not uncommon on the coastal portion of the continent, where snowfalls of up to 1.22 meters (48 in) in 48 hours have been recorded.
. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic#Climate)

JDMFSeanP
March 27th, 2008, 02:39 AM
With that said korn, it also monsoons in dry deserts, but they aren't all still wet :P

Heathen
March 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Although Purple Reign makes me think of 'Midship' i hope its a totally original covenant level, we don't have many/any in Halo 3.

Snowbound is a covie map...

Zeph
March 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic#Climate)

Yes, I knew about that with the humidified air, but didn't make the connection that this map is evidently placed in that area. I stand corrected.

Sever
March 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Snowbound is a covie map...
No, Snowbound is a Covenant AND Forerunner map.

Heathen
March 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Besides....if you don't like the map don't play it :D I, for one, liked lockout. And I think it would be cool to Gravity Hammer someone off it.

(What was the original backstory behind Lockout? The structure really didn't really have much to it...)

Sever
March 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Lockout was a Flood research station, I believe.

Heathen
March 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
right....but the only thing that made that remotely evident was the green tanky things by the shotgun spawn....and wheres the forerunner on snowbound?

FireDragon04
March 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
right....but the only thing that made that remotely evident was the green tanky things by the shotgun spawn....and wheres the forerunner on snowbound?

The main shield door big room (under ground) and where the ghost spawns.

paladin
March 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
The Ghost of Blackout?

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I never saw that as very forerunnery but now that you say it...it isn't a covie type metal...but why would that be there without the covie buildings on top?

FireDragon04
March 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
No idea, but have u looked down in the forerunner shield door room? There's a huge forerunner chasm running down.

Mass
March 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I for one, think this new map is kind of ugly. It doesn't work as a rig because it's woefully impractical. I mean there aren't any doors... in the anarctic.

The colors make me mad too, especially that bright blue. And the way the UVs are done on the catwalk corners is just ugly in my opinion. I for one never cared for lockout too much, but I'm still suffering highway robbery for 10-12$ to get this pack.

I think this should have been done as a Crow's Nest style thing, like where the pelican lands at the beginning of that level. And Rat's Nest should just never have existed.

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM
like that sig btw....

As for it being impractical....there really isn't any need for doors since it isnt really inhabited anymore...besides, theres no housing there so its probably a safe guess that they weren't staying here for extended lengths of time.

And I liked Rats Nest :(

I think they should make a bridge map...but not like narrows (ugh)
more like the Sierra 117 bridge combat part.

Jay2645
March 30th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I want them to make a BG. And NOT crappy Coag, where the gameplay was fucked up. And not Valhalla. It's a fun map, but it doesn't play like BG does. I just want to see my old favorite map in H3 again.

Why the hell did they bow to MLG's demands and make Lockout when they had Guardian? I don't notice a difference.

Heathen
March 30th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I like Guardian a hell of a lot, but I am also glad that they remade Lockout. You may start to like it, or already do...

I personally would have also enjoyed any of the maps redone...popped in halo 1 and 2 today just to see what I would have liked and saw many I would want....bg isn't one however...Burial Mounds, Colossus, and Waterworks were the only h2 maps I hated.

JDMFSeanP
March 30th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Bring back old favorites = bring back fans.

Bungie is mad COD4 is owning them.

Botolf
March 31st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Bring back old favorites = bring back fans.

Bungie is mad COD4 is owning them.
Eh? The only people who care about the Live usage numbers are rabid fanboys with irrational hatred for other games. Bungie could care less about competing with other games, that's not really the point of post-release support anyways.

p0lar_bear
March 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Bungie is listening to the MLG fags because their wannabe followers make up approx. 80% of the user base. :v

JDMFSeanP
March 31st, 2008, 01:11 AM
As well as MLG kids are mostly guaranteed purchasers, as they will want to play the new maps

FireDragon04
March 31st, 2008, 06:03 AM
Burial Mounds, Colossus, and Waterworks were the only h2 maps I hated.
WO WOO WOO! WTF!
Burial Mounds? I loved that map for Assault, the should have something like that again, but a different setting, the setting was agh!

Colossus, agreed!

Waterworks was AWESOME, i must be the only person who liked it, but the setting and layout just rocked, and no map for me in Big Team holds up to its awesomeness in Halo 3.

I say BRING BACK MORE HALO 1 MAPS!

Lateksi
March 31st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Why does this "Blackout" remind me of some UT map? :S Maybe because it's dark and the structure is high up.