PDA

View Full Version : Multi Theft Auto: GTA3 anyone?

t3h m00kz
March 29th, 2008, 04:59 AM
MultiTheftAuto... similar to San Andreas Multiplayer, but with compatability for all three games... mostly. San Andreas is much more refined of course, but GTA3 will always be my fav.

A bit off the topic, anyone who's beaten GTA3 probably knows how fucking hard the Dodo Plane is to fly.

Well...

8rlHPnqHVSY

The dodo plane is like the H1 pistol. Noobs don't know what the fuck to do with it and the leet haxors use it effectively it like it's nothing.

Kornman00
March 29th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I never did like playing GTA3...probably because I started in VC which was GOD LIKE...then SA came along and make have an heart attack from awesomeness ;_;

Mr Buckshot
March 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
GTA 3 is my favorite too, simply because it's the most moddable of all without too many technical problems.

I recommend the RealGTA3 mod in conjunction with the MP mod - the RealGTA3 mod improves the textures to make 'em more lifelike, but more importantly, all the buildings and cars become real-life versions. Driving the BMW 7-series in GTA has never been more fun.

The Dodo plane is hard to fly. I never use it. Ever. Even when I do get in the air, it's hard to engage in shootouts from the air since you have to use the side-view camera to be able to shoot in the first place. I find it easier in multiplayer to grab a fast car with decent armour (ironically, the police car is a great choice) and use that instead.

Llama Juice
March 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I got into VC modding a long time ago... played a bit of MTA but... it got old quick.

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
At time of playing GTA 3, my pc was so shit, it would stutter and get like 3 fps. Sadly some bastard stole it off me when I lent it to him, so I havent played it since. Gotta rebuy soon. I've played "multiplayer" SA the most, I spent like 5 mins on VC and though this is so laggy and left.

Sel
March 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
HE DID A BARREL ROLL

DO A BARRELL ROLL

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/Nugga117/1205447368450.gif

also, whats with the short wings.

Boba
March 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I've always preferred San Andreas modding, much more stuff you can do.

Also, isn't that dodo a mod? >__>

t3h m00kz
March 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Nope. Came with the game. I just did a fresh install, the only mod I have is the colored radar.

beele
March 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I did some vice city modding once, fun times. :) gonna check this out.

DrunkenSamus
March 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Vice City is my favorite because of the timeline and California style setting. Also the total conversions are top-notch. In fact, all this talk about Vice City is making me want to install my Russian copy of VC.

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Nope. Came with the game. I just did a fresh install, the only mod I have is the colored radar.I cant remember the dodo was that manoeuvrable, or was it sped up?

t3h m00kz
March 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah. That's the dodo, no mods, no alterations to the video at all.

Basically, the way the dodo works, the faster it goes, the more it goes up into a backwards flip motion. If you know how to work with that it's really pretty easy.

In the PS2 version it didn't have a "max speed" of 209 MPH that it locks at, so it froze whenever you tried to do crazy shit like what you're seeing in that video.

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
How did you get up the speedometer?

t3h m00kz
March 29th, 2008, 07:59 PM
It's an MTA feature... primary fire while in a vehicle. Also, you can get into passenger seats as well... bunch of cool stuff

Mr Buckshot
March 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM
How good are you at piloting the Dodo? I can't fly for more than 5 seconds. But in multiplayer, there really isn't much reason to use the Dodo anyway thanks to its lack of on-board weapons (meaning no air strikes).

Get into passenger seats? I don't recall that feature. What version of the multiplayer mod are you using?

t3h m00kz
March 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM
0.5. They haven't updated it in a long, LONG time.

But yeah, the dodo isn't really something you want to attack people with, it's more of just... something to do other than DM. If I ever play in MTA, it's either to DM or Dodo. Half the time there's barely anbody DMing, so that just leaves me with the dodo...

And to answer your first question, it was me flying in the video on the first post. ;P

I made a tutorial as well... I don't know if I should post it here though, it's a bit off topic ;[