PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Major Gametype announcement -- UT3

Phopojijo
March 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.renegade-x.com/

Renegade X is a mod to make Unreal Tournament 3 have a new gamemode. You have a base -- so does the enemy. Your base can produce vehicles, give you weapons, etc.

You get money for said constructions by letting your harvesters harvest Tiberium on the battlefield.

The more money you have, the more you can build.

You can also destroy enemy structures in a similar fashion... assuming you live.

http://renegade-x.com/staff/RenX_Teaser_HD.avi

HD Vehicle Trailer

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, that trailer was sweet. I hope you cant spawn camp in the other teams base though, that can really make things suck and gets old really quick.

Shame I dont have Unreal Tournament 3 =\

CrAsHOvErRide
March 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
30 mins downloading to go...can't wait sounds awesome. :awesome:

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 06:36 PM
30 mins downloading to go...can't wait sounds awesome. :awesome:
Ouch, not bragging (ok yes I am) but it did it in 2 mins for me.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
No shit...you don't live in a cow village like I do.

Besides, I don't want to brag but...I HAVE UT3 and YOU...don't. :awesome:

Phopojijo
March 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, that trailer was sweet. I hope you cant spawn camp in the other teams base though, that can really make things suck and gets old really quick.

Shame I dont have Unreal Tournament 3 =\

Well, you can -- but if it's like the mod for UT2004... Obelisk of Light -- I don't need to say any more...

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hmm, that could ruin it for me then, I've played alot of games where tey have vehicles like tanks or jeeps with rocket launchers on and they just sit in your base blowing the crap out of you, if your lucky after a while they die, but still.

Is it possible to repair your vehicle?

CrAsHOvErRide
March 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Well yeah...Secondary Fire from the Link Gun...which also received a heavy boost since UT2004...like the BioRifle.

Phopojijo
March 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Well yeah...Secondary Fire from the Link Gun...which also received a heavy boost since UT2004...like the BioRifle.In the 2004 mod you needed to spend credits on a mechanic class I believe... to get the link.

As for spawn camping -- like I said -- if you can possibly get spawn camped in most C&C maps... your team is about 5 seconds from losing anyway...

It's *really* fuckin' hard to get spawncamped.

PlasbianX
March 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Oh hell yes. Reminds me of Renegade-X mod from Starsiege Tribes. I LOVED that mod. Cant wait to play this in unreal tournament.

Bad Waffle
April 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
tiberium? Create new vehicles?

If its like C&C Renegade...ill play this, for sure.

Sever
April 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
It IS C&C Renegade ported over and given a MAJOR visual overhaul. If I had UT3 I'd definitely be playing, but, I don't so I can't. I had some good times back then, back when people actually would play as a team in a team-based game. Ah, the Stealth Tank rushes on Field, taking three Mammoth Tanks over the hill on Hourglass, Stealth Black Hand infiltrations on Canyon, good times, I tell you, good times.

DaneO'Roo
April 2nd, 2008, 01:39 AM
Hell frigin yeah :D

So glad we have a UT3 forum:3

Bodzilla
April 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
are you so glad that you Pants'd?

post some Ut3 work dano and tweek, now~!

Tweek
April 2nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
man i'm disgusted by 90% of their art.

i went there alll giddy, cheering inside myself like a little girl, but then i took a look at the actual work they did, and i went >>>__<<<

CrAsHOvErRide
April 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
man i'm disgusted by 90% of their art.

i went there alll giddy, cheering inside myself like a little girl, but then i took a look at the actual work they did, and i went >>>__<<<
Same here. The trailer wasn't that impressive neither, sorry.