PDA

View Full Version : I must share this :awesome: moment with you.

Zeph
April 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
I've gotten about ten hours of sleep these past three or four days. I'm not actually sure whether it's three or four. But anyways, about 9am this morning I was mounting two rasters at my digital media center and one of my friends and her boyfriend/fiance/husband??? walk in to print their vectors. We talk and eventually the utter lack of sleep anyone is getting comes up. For those of you who have no clue, whenever something like that comes up around here it somehow gets turned into a contest. You must have the least amount of sleep :p. She and I both had about the same amount of sleep, so I said I'm having real bad allergies. She said, "oh yeah, well I'm pregnant." About that time, her face went into the "oh I shouldn't have just said that" expression and boyfriend/fiance/husband lost all expression and emotion in his face.
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome:
I wish I could have stuck around to see how it resolved and if anyone else picked up on the moment, but I had just made the final cut to my raster print and I had to go get my rubber cement and mount my rasters.

Con
April 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
haha, I wish I was there to see his face

Sel
April 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I had a lulz.

ICEE
April 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Only the luckiest of us get to see one of those moments when the girl says "I'm pregnant" and her boyfriend/husband/finance/friendshegotdrunkwith loses all emotion, and his face goes whiter than the Hyundai he's dreaming of renting to drive faaar south for the next year and a half. You are blessed zeph.

Masterz1337
April 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
I would stayed, and did the work later. Awsome story.

paladin
April 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Me and gf pulled that on my mom yesterday, it wasn't as funny as we expected. More like a gtfo moment.

Zeph
April 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
I would stayed, and did the work later. Awsome story.

It was due in less than an hour and getting things mounted properly takes time. I literally finished as the professor walked in. Luckily we had teacher evaluations and had some time left over for me to take a second look at it. Good thing too, cause I caught a bit of cement I didn't get the first time.

Kalub
April 2nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
pic or stfu

I had a moment like that, except is was me and my math teacher, you should have seen her face when I proclaimed that I was pregnant...

:lol:

odseraphim
April 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
pic or stfu
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/2384438504_c1ee50beb7_o.jpg
now stfu ;) (made that at work today [I'm a laser engraver at a trophy shop] It's plastic with vinyl colors.)

Kalub
April 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
:o

Make me some cool stuff

SnaFuBAR
April 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
bahahahahaaa oh jeez.

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Oh. Oh dear.

If only you'd had a video camera...

Llama Juice
April 3rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
I told my mom that I got my girlfriend preggo because she wouldn't stop bothering me with details on the girl I was dating.

It turned out to be a lesson for her on trusting me... it worked out well for me. She gained more trust in me from this... I left out a LOT of the hour long conversation... but.... yea...

Phopojijo
April 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I've gotten about ten hours of sleep these past three or four days. I'm not actually sure whether it's three or four. But anyways, about 9am this morning I was mounting two rasters at my digital media center and one of my friends and her boyfriend/fiance/husband??? walk in to print their vectors. We talk and eventually the utter lack of sleep anyone is getting comes up. For those of you who have no clue, whenever something like that comes up around here it somehow gets turned into a contest. You must have the least amount of sleep :p. She and I both had about the same amount of sleep, so I said I'm having real bad allergies. She said, "oh yeah, well I'm pregnant." About that time, her face went into the "oh I shouldn't have just said that" expression and boyfriend/fiance/husband lost all expression and emotion in his face.
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome:
I wish I could have stuck around to see how it resolved and if anyone else picked up on the moment, but I had just made the final cut to my raster print and I had to go get my rubber cement and mount my rasters.Whether he was her boyfriend, fiance, or husband makes a whole lot of difference in that story...

It means the difference between thinking of renting a car and driving south... and buying a minivan.

Apoc4lypse
April 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
would have been funnier if she tried to cover it up by saying April fools :lol:

but yeah, thats probably one of the funniest thing I could ever think of happening to someone, or being able to actually see happen to someone, its like what are the odds...

I know what you mean though about how conversations like that always become a contest over who's suffering more lol. I'll mention "I'm tried", someone else will be like, "me too I hardly got any sleep", "I went to bed at like midnight" "Well I only got 3 hours of sleep" etc etc...