PDA

View Full Version : [PORTAL] Custom Mapingz

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
i'm looking for some new portal maps to game on, anyone know any good ones?

Jelly
April 3rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
The ren_test series are apparently awesome.

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
got any links?

MNC
April 3rd, 2008, 05:47 AM
I was looking for the Schwinz test chambers or whatever they're called. But all the links I got are broken :(

Jelly
April 3rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Ren_test2 (http://www.portalgamemaps.com/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=13&sid=38&Start=81&sort=1)

Ren_test1 (http://www.portalgamemaps.com/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=12&sid=38&Start=61&sort=1)

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Halomaps has stuff for PORTAL?

Sweet.

Pooky
April 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
there was a site up with heaps of custom portal maps... but most of them looked half finished and shitty. :\

What I'd be more interested in is a Portal map with actual fighting. That is, you have to figure out how to get out of a dangerous situation with just your portals. You know you want to make an elite pulse rifle himself.

Sel
April 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Halomaps has stuff for PORTAL?

Sweet.

Oh gee, that only happened in december.

Portal mapping might be interesting, guess I should take a look into it.

Bodzilla
April 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
i can never get these fucking maps working.

instructions.

Install Instructions:

-Extract the zip contents to your "Steam\steamapps\'username'\portal\portal\maps" folder.

-In Portal click on "Bonus Maps" and you should now have a new category called "maps/RenTests". This is where you'll find all your Ren_Test maps.

-Enjoy!

i'm doing that and i'm getting "ren test maps folder, but it aint got no freaking maps >_<

And i cant import them because the maps are "BSP" files, but when i'm in game and try to import it's looking for BMZ file extensions.
Just :raise:

anyone wanna give us a hand?

Sel
April 8th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I got one to work once, but it was all wireframed....... :/

MNC
April 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Judging by your Portal status on Steam I take it you got it to work?
Anyway, be sure the maps are in the maps folder, or a subdirectory of that if needed.

itszutak
April 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Aha, making a new folder inside of portal/portal/maps works. Thanks! :)

Bodzilla
April 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM
what do you call the new folder? ren test :S?

also no i didnt get it to work, just went through and played the Advanced maps for the first time.

WTF Companion sphere?

Jelly
April 18th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I just did "map ren_test<number>" in the console.

Pooky
April 18th, 2008, 03:12 PM
what do you call the new folder? ren test :S?

also no i didnt get it to work, just went through and played the Advanced maps for the first time.

WTF Companion sphere?

I cant figure out how to activate the last ballswitch on that map D:

Bodzilla
April 19th, 2008, 04:35 AM
theres 3 and you can do them in any order.

if you mean the one where the two buttons for the door are up off the ground you just ignore the buttons.

use the sphere to bounce it round behind the door to the point. it's a bitch but it's how i did it.

Pooky
April 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
theres 300 and you can't do them in any order.

if you mean the one where the two buttons for the door are up off the ground you just ignore the buttons.

use the sphere to bounce it round behind the door to the point. it's a bitch but it's how i did it.

No I got it and using the buttons :downs:

I mean the one where theres glass in between the wall and the switch, the first one you see when you come in.

Bodzilla
April 19th, 2008, 08:10 PM
moar sphere bouncing.

how hte mc fuck did you get it using the buttons :S
is there a portal wall near one of the switches or something?

Pooky
April 19th, 2008, 10:46 PM
moar sphere bouncing.

how hte mc fuck did you get it using the buttons :S
is there a portal wall near one of the switches or something?
no I forget exactly but it involved holding the ball over one of the buttons and moving it, it was complicated D:

itszutak
April 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think the energy ball lasts long enough that you open the first door, close it (this makes the ball ricochet between the two doors, then open the second door.

* ( ) X

--(>* ) X

( <-*->) X

(---)-->*X

If that makes any sense at all.

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
haha.

those pictures really helped :P. but i've already beaten it by ignoring the buttons :P

Pooky
April 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I think the energy ball lasts long enough that you open the first door, close it (this makes the ball ricochet between the two doors, then open the second door.

* ( ) X

--(>* ) X

( <-*->) X

(---)-->*X

If that makes any sense at all.

Yes that.