PDA

View Full Version : [GMOD] GARRY BROKE EVERYTHING LOL.

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
That last update was a doozy. Garry somehow managed to make GM10 (11?) unplayable and he's still patching it regularly to try fix it.

Running buglist as of today. Go.

DON'T GO UNDERWATER IN EP 2 MAPS - screen overlay is broken and will checkerboard you. Not sure if this applies to any other maps.
Sprinting is broken in Tacoscript (RP) -severe rubber-banding.
HL2 maps do not show in main maplist - haven't checked the full browse list yetAdd or remove them as they're fixed so we can avoid them. The checkerboard water was a bit of a nasty surprise for me.

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
thats why i never got into the G's

i was mucking around with N00blet for a while but then i was just having so many fucking crash's i gave up on it.

i'm happy with TF2 :D

n00b1n8R
April 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
It's still better than the original update of this batch (April 1st our time).
When you walked, it played the stepping sound so fast it seemed like you were farting, noclip was 3 times the speed of light^2 (heaven forbid you went out of noclip at full speed, sup gmod crash) and if you wanted to use the spawn menu in multiplayer, you were stuck with this piddly little thing in the top left corner. I thought the sprinting was just like that in RP servers (like using a marine biped in halo). Guess I just never usually play them.

But yeah, it always seems to be 2 steps backwards, 3 steps forwards with gmod updates these days. :/

also, I was wondering if I was the only person getting the LOLPINKBLACKCHECKERS shit under water. (and what's with the oxygen meter these days?? D: )

@zilla: gmod is much more stable compared to the last time I played with you (which I think was the last time you played..). I can happily go for hours without a crash. (RSO's are a separate matter though..)
also what's up with the rossmum's :O!!

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, that was horrible. I just sat around in PS drawing all day.

MNC
April 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Are we talking latest update = April 1st one? I haven't gone on yet, but my hl2 maps show up on the map list.

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
Odd, mine don't.

But yeah. Garry pretty much raped anything and I can't tell if it was a really cruel April Fool's prank or whether he genuinely fucked it up that badly by accident. Got the worst of the bugs sorted overnight, but a lot of things still don't work right.

PenGuin1362
April 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Last time i played (like 2 month ago >_>) i couldn't play any CSS maps or anything using certain cs textures

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Last time I played Gmod was when Gmod 10 first came out.

Ever since then, I've been protecting mah Sentries from spies.

Pooky
April 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
When you walked, it played the stepping sound so fast it seemed like you were farting

I'm actually getting that right now... happen to know a fix?

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM

would you like a hand?
i'll just set a sentry up behind you.
cause where totally on the same team

>: D

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Looks like the water overlay bug applies to all maps.

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
would you like a hand?
i'll just set a sentry up behind you.
cause where totally on the same team

>: D
SPY! SPY! SPY!

YOU WON'T BE SAPPIN MAH SENTRY!
*Hits with wrench*

n00b1n8R
April 4th, 2008, 01:01 AM

Gmod 10 came out on the 29th of November, 2006 (according to steam).
TF2 came out on October 10th 07. :downs:

I'm actually getting that right now... happen to know a fix?
When the first fucked up patch came out, people were saying that most of the bugs could be sorted by re-installing Gmod. I'd give that a go.
L2custom face pose instead of using the default expressions.
Also, Yeah it was. :lmao:

:snip:

Smartwelding is fun. But I suck at placing props for contraptions.

:roflcopter?:

My first big contraption. Not finished, better pics coming up, but it's something imo. It's got sexy wire turrets though :)

But I've got random gaps in, and they're not all aligned properly. Would the stacker tool help for that?
I suggest going to garrysmod.org and getting smartsnap (it creates a kind of holographic grid over props so it makes getting things perfectly aligned really easy) and easy precision (I love this tool, it combines easy weld with axis and ballsockets and parenting and a pile of other useful constraints into a single tool with a pile of extra functionality).

As for stacking? if you've got the first props ligned up properly, I find stacking to be a easy way of getting long stretches of props together quickly and easily. It's really a case of horses for courses though.

/quotewall

Jay2645
April 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I know there was... SOMETHING that updated Gmod's engine to the newest version of Source. I remember there was a thread about it. And that update fucked everything up, and that would be why I'm keeping Spies away from mah Sentries.

n00b1n8R
April 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM
That was around the start of this year.
Gmod is fine these days (as long as you avoid water ;X).

legionaire45
April 5th, 2008, 03:35 AM
SPY! SPY! SPY!

YOU WON'T BE SAPPIN MAH SENTRY!
*Hits with wrench*
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/spy.jpg

I've been curious about getting gmod 10, the last time I played GMod was back when 9.0 was the latest version xD. Is Gmod just a giant sandbox or are there actual gametypes for it?
http://http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/spy.jpg

n00b1n8R
April 5th, 2008, 03:39 AM
10 is way better than 9.
Seriously, it makes it more of a bitch than teekup is in his wildest fantasys.

rossmum
April 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
The only part that's worse is ragdoll posing. They're about as flexible as reinforced concrete in 10.

Pooky
April 7th, 2008, 06:40 PM
And trying to pose arms is like... <_<

Con
April 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
10 is way better than 9.
Seriously, it makes it more of a bitch than teekup is in his wildest fantasys.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9033
:cop:

MNC
April 8th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Gmod 10 came out on the 29th of November, 2006 (according to steam).
TF2 came out on October 10th 07. :downs:

When the first fucked up patch came out, people were saying that most of the bugs could be sorted by re-installing Gmod. I'd give that a go.
L2custom face pose instead of using the default expressions.
Also, Yeah it was. :lmao:

I suggest going to garrysmod.org and getting smartsnap (it creates a kind of holographic grid over props so it makes getting things perfectly aligned really easy) and easy precision (I love this tool, it combines easy weld with axis and ballsockets and parenting and a pile of other useful constraints into a single tool with a pile of extra functionality).

As for stacking? if you've got the first props ligned up properly, I find stacking to be a easy way of getting long stretches of props together quickly and easily. It's really a case of horses for courses though.

/quotewall
Thanks, but wrong topix? Anyway I'd rep if I could.

rossmum
April 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I think the water overlay issue has been fixed, but I'm not sure yet. Went underwater on gm_megastruct and had no problems.

Pooky
April 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I never even had that issue D:

must be an nvidia thing

n00b1n8R
April 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm using ATI. :downs:

0m3g4Muff1n987
April 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think the water overlay issue has been fixed, but I'm not sure yet. Went underwater on gm_megastruct and had no problems.

Wait a minute, is it problems underwater? That happened to me. I got Gmod and first tried gm_construct, and I went underwater and everything went brown and I couldn't see anything unless it was right in front of me. But I can see everything underwater if I'm above it. I thought it was just another graphical glitch to add to my list of things that go wrong with my integrated graphics. But apparently it was just a patch?

Pooky
April 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm using ATI. :downs:

must be a failures only thing then :downs:

also its amd now n00b :U

n00b1n8R
April 8th, 2008, 10:57 PM
not when it was bought. :v:

rossmum
April 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Wait a minute, is it problems underwater? That happened to me. I got Gmod and first tried gm_construct, and I went underwater and everything went brown and I couldn't see anything unless it was right in front of me. But I can see everything underwater if I'm above it. I thought it was just another graphical glitch to add to my list of things that go wrong with my integrated graphics. But apparently it was just a patch?
That sounds more like underwater fog to me.

I was getting the pink-and-black 'no material' checkerboard over my whole screen.

e:

Nope, still broken on some maps.