PDA

View Full Version : Showing Off Vestige

CR33P
April 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Duce primo and I had a little contest as to who could make a better map trailer.

I went overboard but, its not a trailer anymore but, It really shows how nice the map is

http://www.halotube.org/m/view/553/vestige-trailer/

NuggetWarmer
April 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Hi, _kid_.

Ki11a_FTW
April 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
uh oh

CR33P
April 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Comment on the vid

Heathen
April 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
haha, its kid.....ew...

CR33P
April 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Sorry, I dont think I have Caused, ANY Trouble lately.

Wow, I cannot believe the attitude on this site.

Sel
April 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Your attitude has improved lately, but not enough to actually regain our trust that you wont pull some bullshit stunt again.

Also, upload the video to photobucket.

Cortexian
April 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I know what trailer is best,

Mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouLgygrFb8c

paladin
April 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
They are both good.

CR33P
April 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Your's wasnt too bad. Filmin wasnt good.

Notice how I try to cut down on actually movings, Its just simple left to right filming.

Sel
April 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
What the hell is with the haiwaiin music :\

Corndogman
April 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I think the music fits perfectly. and its not hawaiian =\.

Anton
April 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I like both of the videos, the first one had great movements, but was too limited, the seconds movements were to great and weren't as fluid as they could have been; overall I would say they both are wonderful.

TeeKup
April 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Notice how I try to cut down on actually movings, Its just simple left to right filming.

Which is very boring. You learn to move elegantly and skillfully as a machinima artist.

CR33P
April 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
=EP_T33KUP

Make a vid better than mine k?

When I do make my machinima

Its gonna be great, because if those are "skillfull" movements, they look like shit

m13120
April 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
=EP_T33KUP

Its gonna be great, because if those are "skillfull" movements, they look like shit

Sorry, but you asked for comments, expect positive and negative. Why should anyone have to make a video to prove that it is better to do what Teek said? All he did was give you a tip, and a wise one at that. If you don't believe that it will look less boring, watch mothergoat's promos of Immure, Anxiety, Corrupted, and Solitude.

http://www.mothergoat.net/gmp/goataclow.wmv
http://www.mothergoat.net/halo/Solitude-low.wmv

CR33P
April 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
You guys dont get it.

That filming isnt good!

You can see how the camera twitches on an off.

Its NOT GOOD.

m13120
April 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Can you explain to us why "skillful" movement is bad and why just going in a straight line is better? So what if the camera twitches a little? Do you know how hard it can be to try and maneuver a camera making the movements as smooth as possible? So what if the camera panning isn't perfectly smooth? Could you do it? Even if it isn't perfectly smooth, it doesn't bother me because mothergoat isn't even a professional machinima artist yet he still realized the way to go.

CR33P
April 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Oh chill man, misunderstood.

I never said my filming was amazing, Im just saying CE makes it hard to film, because devmode's filming is shit because its soo twitchy, its nothing personal.

SO mine dosent twitch, I move on angles

Heathen
April 5th, 2008, 11:25 PM
ok, I suppose that I should appologise to kid...or CR33P...I never had beef with him in the past. I suppose I was just trying to be funny. Besides...a forum is no place. no, I'm not just appologising because of the infraction....it was a dickly thing to do
I like the map btw...

thehoodedsmack
April 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3158

Debate done. Use this for gods sake. You can add camera points to a path, then play it so the camera follows a smooth transition. Why does anyone even do it by hand anymore?

FlyingStone
April 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I didn't mind the music. The camera points could use a lot of re work. Going up, down, left, right, and backwards gets boring. Get some going threw a base showing it off. Circular movement twisting around a tower maybe. Overall it was very repetitive and i didn't like how short the clips were.

However I did like how you went into the tree then pulled out in the next clip. Same with the Spartan. I would like to see that again, if you do another thing like this.

I would love to see you re work this with camera points, some complicated camera movements, and that thing you did with the jumping. (Going to the tree then coming out looking at it in the next scene.)

I would love to see you re work this and post it again.

m13120
April 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3158

Debate done. Use this for gods sake. You can add camera points to a path, then play it so the camera follows a smooth transition. Why does anyone even do it by hand anymore?

Wow I never knew that app existed, thanks for posting.

Sel
April 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
You guys dont get it.

That filming isnt good!

Its NOT GOOD.

Jesus shit balls and christ, this is why we all hate you, every time we give you valid crit you explode into a fireball of bullshit.

:dramabomb::dramabomb::dramabomb:

Cut the shit and get over it.

CR33P
April 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Um, I know alot about filming.

NO ONE likes those little tweaks and twitches. I have been to various filming websites and they would all say the same.

Corndogman
April 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I agree, the camera movements are bad. the video would be good if not for them. it just bothers me when a movement is supposed to be smooth but twitches a lot. the video is good besides those.

m13120
April 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM

NO ONE likes those little tweaks and twitches. I have been to various filming websites and they would all say the same.

So if you don't like tweaks and twitches and you are looking for a smooth camera pan, download the app smack posted. I just tried it and it should give you want you want.

CR33P
April 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Now, I just gotta figure out how to work it.

m13120
April 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Start up CE, enabled dev mode, fly around in the dev cam, pick the spot in dev cam where you want the camera to start, when you're at the spot, click add camera point. Then move to the next camera position in which you want the camera to fly to, and press add camera point again. Keep doing this until you have finished your "camera track" and press Start Camera Movement and the camera will follow the points you picked on the map, as in a "connect the dots" fashion.

E: You're welcome.

t3h m00kz
April 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.mothergoat.net/gmp/goataclow.wmv

Sauce of song plz?! Unforgotten is my favorite song from Halo, and that remix just OWNS

EDIT:

nvm http://mothergoat.net/mp3/theprisoner-nonarr.mp3
Shit, you guys have some crazy cool remixes.

paintballakid5
April 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Vestige has horible Music in it :(

Heathen
April 16th, 2008, 04:14 PM
They have some decent remixes on Newgrounds.com

Cortexian
April 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Not that he can actually READ this... But on the off chance that he uses a proxy to come back and read the comments, I figured I should correct his mistakes.

Cutting down on actual camera "pans" (which you refer to as "movings" for some reason) makes your video seem extremely boring to the eye...

=EP_T33KUP

I can't believe you're trying to talk shit to =EP_T33KUP, his videos are by far, much better then yours.

You guys dont get it.

That filming isnt good!

Its NOT GOOD.
Yes, the camera twitches, its because the camera system in HALO has no "resistance" to it, you need a steady hand or a really low DPI mouse to make nice "pans".

Oh chill man, misunderstood.

I never said my filming was amazing, Im just saying CE makes it hard to film, because devmode's filming is shit because its soo twitchy, its nothing personal.

SO mine dosent twitch, I move on angles
Which, like I stated above, is boring, steady your hand, learn to pan the camera properly, then you may have some nice videos...

I'm going to an ART school for 3D modeling, however, during my High School courses I did NOTHING but video and 3D projects, ranging from actual camera work, to working with Premiere and After Effects... having NOTHING but, as you put it, "steady, angular" movement makes for a very boring scene...

Zeph
April 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Op is banned, so I dont see a need to further this discussion.