PDA

View Full Version : New Red Vs. Blue Reconstruction Series Trailer

bfett9
April 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
http://maxupload.com/img/A3ADC4C4.jpg
I am a huge RVB fan and i cant wait to see this!!!!!!!!

watch it here
http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/viewEntry.php?id=653
Hi-Res WMV Trailer Watch Here
http://www.zshare.net/video/1009742855f2a245/

my analysis of trailer
I was hoping when the trailer stared that they were going to continue where RVB BG chronicles Left off so i thought it was going to be a serious opening and then all of a sudden someone like Caboose would pop and say or do something stupid, but i was wrong, and Rooster Teeth apparently has decided to go on a more serious series like their recovery one series. Oh well.:rolleyes: my guess is series is going to go into story of what happened to Tex after she "exploded"

TeeKup
April 5th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Looks fucking epic.

Con
April 5th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'm scared! D:

thehoodedsmack
April 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Smack speaks.

Firstly, I would like to say that "we are the meta" is the worst frickin' attempt at a cryptic message I have ever seen.

Now, onto the analysis. Of course the series is based around Tex. That's why the trailer was set in Valhalla. The map with the crashed ship. But really, if they want to tell us all what happened to her, they could have easily done it around the idea of something like, I don't know, say, Church can't believe she's really dead, and takes off to look for the ship. Of course, blue team would follow, seeing as they have nothing else to do. The reds would likely take on a Fellowship of the Ring "Gollum" role; sneaking about following them, until it becomes apparent that there are two bases in this place, and we're back to where we were.

RvB, in fact, all web series' for that matter, probably shouldn't take chances once they find a design that works. Machinimas seem to work best as comedies, and as far as fanbases go, RvB seems to be leading the pack. I commend them for attempting what looks like some sort of drama, but really, Machinima is far too static to provide the difficult emotions and actions that make gripping stories of intrigue.

[/opinion]

AAA
April 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I wanna see an episode....

I hope they keep their comedic stupidity in there...

[/thumbs up]

Rob Oplawar
April 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
RvB, in fact, all web series' for that matter, probably shouldn't take chances once they find a design that works. Machinimas seem to work best as comedies, and as far as fanbases go, RvB seems to be leading the pack. I commend them for attempting what looks like some sort of drama
[/opinion]

I commend Roosterteeth for taking chances. Sure Red vs. Blue was by far their best series so far, and sure they do best as a comedy, but 5 years running it was about time to finish it up, and I'm proud of them for making the difficult decision to move on when they could have milked it until we were all sick of the Blood Gulch Chronicles.

As it is tho, I think it's an odd decision to continue to do drama set in the Red vs Blue universe.

, but really, Machinima is far too static to provide the difficult emotions and actions that make gripping stories of intrigue. Well, Roosterteeth has always had terrific voice acting, which definitely helps, but I think I have to agree with you there. Machinima is much more conducive to comedy in my experience.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the new episodes.

paladin
April 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Look ok, not as good as red vs blue though.

Kornman00
April 5th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I think they had something going until the end where the guy started to explain what-the-fuck-is-what. But idk, maybe it will make better sense, or be more meaningful as we see it unfold. Don't judge a book by it's cover after all...

fatso784
April 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Looked pretty good but... wheres the fucking comedy?! :mad:

n00b1n8R
April 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm undecided. If this phases out any chance of a comedy RVB coming back, I'm going to have to have a little cry. If not, then I'll see how it goes (but I'm inclined to agree with smack).

ima_from_America
April 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Only watching if there's a crossover with "The Strangerhood".

Dr Nick
April 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Bait and Hook.

Bodzilla
April 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
the cryptic message is "Vista".

seriously watch it again, and when the message shatters it'll be the first thing you see

i was :O?
then :fail:

could just be a coincidence mind you :p

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Wow this month pwnz, Ross came back, A new RT series, And Emmzee is back!
:D
Its christmas i tell ye!

ExAm
April 5th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Smack speaks.

Firstly, I would like to say that "we are the meta" is the worst frickin' attempt at a cryptic message I have ever seen.

Now, onto the analysis. Of course the series is based around Tex. That's why the trailer was set in Valhalla. The map with the crashed ship. But really, if they want to tell us all what happened to her, they could have easily done it around the idea of something like, I don't know, say, Church can't believe she's really dead, and takes off to look for the ship. Of course, blue team would follow, seeing as they have nothing else to do. The reds would likely take on a Fellowship of the Ring "Gollum" role; sneaking about following them, until it becomes apparent that there are two bases in this place, and we're back to where we were.

RvB, in fact, all web series' for that matter, probably shouldn't take chances once they find a design that works. Machinimas seem to work best as comedies, and as far as fanbases go, RvB seems to be leading the pack. I commend them for attempting what looks like some sort of drama, but really, Machinima is far too static to provide the difficult emotions and actions that make gripping stories of intrigue.

[/opinion]
I recommend you watch Pie.

thehoodedsmack
April 6th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I recommend you watch Pie.

I don't believe that Machinima can't be stylized and dramatic, but that it's rare, and not necessarily what fans of the old RvB came to see. Mind you, as soon as the first video goes up, it'll be all "Good Job RT lol11ll1!" as the first page circle-jerkers let the team know how everyone really feels. Then the series will continue, my iews will be irrelevent, and we'll never see our lovable Blues and Reds ever again. //.0

p0lar_bear
April 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I don't know; RT's been doing a good job so far with conveying a more serious story using their universe. Out of Mind and Recovery One were both great mini series; taking a break from the general silliness of the Blood Gulch Chronicles to better explore and explain the Freelancers.

bfett9
April 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
this may yet be another comedy. here is a post made in the comments page of the video on red vs blue.com by burnie one of the main producers of the show in reply to a user's comment.

So... I guess this isn't a comedy series. Don't let appearances fool you.

n00b1n8R
April 7th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I don't know; RT's been doing a good job so far with conveying a more serious story using their universe. Out of Mind and Recovery One were both great mini series; taking a break from the general silliness of the Blood Gulch Chronicles to better explore and explain the Freelancers.
TBH, I don't particularly care about the freelancers. They've always struck me as RT's halfassed attempt to make some kind of a serious plot, only to fall into genericdom.

FRain
April 7th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure how the hell Tex could have survived, let alone the damn pelican, because the fucking thing got disintegrated by Andy, didn't it?

This is unless Tex had an escape pod which would be more sensible.

But anyways, I guess I'll just have to go and find out.