PDA

View Full Version : [GALLERY] Guitar Covers

randreach454
April 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Yea, so I was bored earlier today, been up for 2 days straight, so I decided hell, I wonder if I can rig my 360 vision camera and Rock Band mic up to my desktop and produce decent quality videos.

The audio comes out clear, while the video can get jumpy, and my awesome editing skills sometimes adds to that jumpiness.

Software used:
Audacity
Nero Vision Express

So first, my all time favorite Yeah Yeah Yeah's song, Maps.
Easy song to play, first full song I learned on a guitar. Sad thing is I screwed up countless times in the video, but I figured whatever, Ill redo it sometime and for now, why not give yall a taste.

8k-9op3_jFw&hl

Bad Waffle
April 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
You gotta break the habit of downstrummin only, man! Well, at least it looks like you're just downstrumming from the video. You also gotta work on your fingering a bit, letting the notes ring out a bit more before switching, but hey, it will come naturally with time so theres not much saying it.

you should definitely try out Takin Care of Business by BTO, its a great song to learn for us noobs. Here's the TAB:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bachman_turner_overdrive/takin_care_of_business_tab.htm

randreach454
April 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks! Yea my brother bought me the les paul epi for my birthday last august, so of course Im still learning.
Ill try and learn that soon too.

MMFSdjw
April 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I agree with WOL.

And, out of curiousity, is that an Epiphone Les Paul Special II?
My first electric was one of those. It's a sturdy little guitar.

Emmzee
April 5th, 2008, 07:31 PM
You should learn to play this.
wam-oMub8EU

randreach454
April 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I agree with WOL.

And, out of curiousity, is that an Epiphone Les Paul Special II?
My first electric was one of those. It's a sturdy little guitar.
Very good call there, thats exactly mah baby, though I have been dying for an esp f-50 for over a year now..

and emmzee, I'd die if I could play that good.

Atty
April 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Heh, I'm going to try and learn that on guitar right now, see how good I can play it.

Bodzilla
April 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
i should record some songs i'm working on :P

Xetsuei
April 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
You should learn to play this.
wam-oMub8EU

Canons are for fags.

h-wdwpeK4ug
^ is for the most part pretty easy to play.

Boba
April 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Xetsuei™;238935']Canons are for fags.

h-wdwpeK4ug
^ is for the most part pretty easy to play.
I hate that asshat.

Bodzilla
April 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I hate the old school solo's, i just cant stand the sound of the distortion and the excess wah tbh.

John petrucci ftw.

Bad Waffle
April 6th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I hate that asshat.

shut up noob, he's one of the best frenchies out there.

I hate the old school solo's, i just cant stand the sound of the distortion and the excess wah tbh.

John petrucci ftw.

I find it odd that you say you have that distortion and the excess wah, because if you have ever seen petruccis rig, you would see how much of a contradictory statement that is. But i agree, too much pitch distortion kills it.

Anyways, we have an offtopic thread for guitar disc, go take it there >:|

Bodzilla
April 6th, 2008, 03:20 AM
it's not just that it's petrucci's style.

it's just heavier then most without loosing the epic feel.
i know he plays with the wah but i mean an entire song on tinny wah wah?

:/

Xetsuei
April 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM

John Frusciante ftw.

:eng101: ftfy

Corndogman
April 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Your note changes are sometimes too deliberate. its almost like your playing each note individually instead of as one piece. just try to make the fingering (insert sexual innuendo here) flow better from note to note. otherwise pretty good. i think ill try to do one of these too at some point.

Apoc4lypse
April 7th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I wish I could play guitar, I recently got my hands on an acoustic washburn guitar to try learning how to play. Unfortunately I'm not very good at all...:( idk if I'll ever put enough time into it to get good either... already working on too many skills as it is.

Bodzilla
April 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Xetsuei™;239136']:eng101: ftfy
no i really meant John Petrucci.
SKMYeXkYcgs