PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] AFAC-H101 Harbinger

TeeKup
April 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Story
In the final years of the Forerunner-Flood conflict, the Forerunner emperor sought to create the most powerful, versatile, and destructive ship in his empire. However, it was completed just 2 days before the activation of the Halo rings. After the empire was annihilated, along with the flood and all major sentient life in the galaxy, the remaining sentinels dry-docked the ship at an unknown installation, much like the ark, beyond the outer rim of the galaxy. Just sitting, waiting to be used. However, the Harbinger wasn't the only weapon created. The other was codenamed "AVALON." I'll post more on that at a later date.

Armament
4-High Output Duel Plasma Batteries; codenamed Glasgow and Orion
4-Anti-Ship Missile Bays; codenamed Helldart and Hydra
4-Anti-Fighter/Mobile Weapon Missile Bays; codenamed Starscream and Jetfire
1 Tri-Barreled Gauss Cannon; codenamed Laurentia
2 Heavy Linear Cannons; codenamed Tristans
1 Neutron Particle Accelerator Cannon; or N.P.A.C. for short. (pronounced en-pack)
14 Anti-Aircraft CIWS; codenamed Vipershttp://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5568/afach101harbinger2vd9.png

Sadly, I doubt this will every get in 3DS Max let alone in game. I just don't have the resources.

SnaFuBAR
April 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
It looks more like a small yatch than a warship, especially because of the curved bow and the general shape from the front. I would say that you should use a ruler to keep straight lines straight, and sketch lightly before committing to dark lines. It also doesn't really follow general forerunner design language that we've seen in any of the games or concept art. Your lines also look slowly drawn and jittery. Each line should be only one movement, instead of back and forth strokes.

Keep sketching, you can only get better. Good art comes from mileage. The more you do, the better you get.

Sel
April 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Looks like a boat.

TeeKup
April 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
It looks more like a small yatch than a warship, especially because of the curved bow and the general shape from the front. I would say that you should use a ruler to keep straight lines straight, and sketch lightly before committing to dark lines. It also doesn't really follow general forerunner design language that we've seen in any of the games or concept art. Your lines also look slowly drawn and jittery. Each line should be only one movement, instead of back and forth strokes.

Keep sketching, you can only get better. Good art comes from mileage. The more you do, the better you get.

Thanks. I haven't really sketched in god knows how long. I was trying to improve upon this design:
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/2538/forerunnerassaultfrigate8ua.png

And this WAS a Forerunner fighter I designed not too long ago:
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/9449/forerunnerinterceptor5om.png

I'll try and re-design it. Inspiration came from the Bebop (from Cowboy Bebop) and the Minerva. The thing is the bow used to be exactly the same as the Minerva, so I wanted to change it so it didn't seem like an exact copy, so I went for something like the bebop, however I do have a new idea I can integrate into it. Anymore criticism would be great from everyone.

Bad Waffle
April 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM

I believe once upon a time you said your instructor told you to draw 10,000 things, and once you got those out of your system you would be drawing good stuff?

or was it 1000...?