April 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/25fit80.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/oazsrk.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2d7cza0.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=His8ftNkUgo

Author: Sunny Sharma (SuperSunny)
E-Mail: SunnySharma@gmail.com

----------

This is Release Candidate 2 of Valkryie. Compared to the other releases, I have optimized gameplay, graphical effects, shaders, lighting, and portaling very much. Many UV errors have been fixed, bugs have been removed, and the game runs faster.

----------

This was a project of mine to take advantage of the maximum use of the Halo Engine. The problem is, I accomplished that task a while back. But during development, I started to apply a unique art style to the design of this map. Instead of just using everything the game had to offer, I twisted it around and molded the engine to my own design. Rather than displaying bumpmaps, I emphasized their location based on lighting. Rather than displaying a cubemap, I created my own. Rather than adding detail to shaders, I broke them down and constructed them piece by piece to pay abstract attention to the details that never really mattered.

----------

This is almost done. I've worked quite hard on mapping down how to make this old game look good, and I hope to share all the information with the community. It's a colorful, beautiful engine. Very unique.

----------

Credits:

Backpack Weapons - CtrlAltDestroy
Bottom Floor - A10
Music - Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy (Odd Nosdam Remix) - Probably will be changed to custom
Everything Else - Me

Download:

http://files.filefront.com/Valkryie+RC2zip/;9960382;/fileinfo.html

...Yea!

FlyingStone
April 6th, 2008, 10:12 AM
:awesome:

Sel
April 6th, 2008, 10:26 AM

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:: awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::aweso me::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Ki11a_FTW
April 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

im going to play this as soon as i get home :awesome:

sdavis117
April 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM

That's done. I'm downloading now.

Dr Pepper
April 7th, 2008, 02:11 PM
V:)ry Aw:)s:)m:), b:)st b:)mp m:)ps :)v:)r.
:lol::lol:;);):D:D

Sel
April 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM
What a shitty map sunny. You couldnt possibly have any effects in there that make halo look any better.

DO YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW?

MY FPS STAYED ABOVE 20 :confused:

Dunno what you did, but its full of epic now, good FPS, beautiful effects

Pooky
April 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
So does this one have any gameplay changes or the above the surface views through windows you said you were planning on doing?

SuperSunny
April 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
So does this one have any gameplay changes or the above the surface views through windows you said you were planning on doing?

Windows are gone. That whole area was replaced a while back. The second floor is basically a two-split hallway with a teleporter at the end which teleports to the bottom floor which can go back up. Compared to that old build with the Window, there have been quite a few geometrical changes, probably like 40%? The shading and lighting has been 100% changed from the old one.

What a shitty map sunny. You couldnt possibly have any effects in there that make halo look any better.

DO YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW?

MY FPS STAYED ABOVE 20

So many structural changes in the portaling and the shaders. Took so much damn tweaking!

Pooky
April 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
:(

Might be pretty cool to see some windows on the walls themselves though, showing some areas you cant get to. Like a spotlit underground waterfall or something. To date I've never seen CE mappers do much of anything with unreachable areas... its a shame cause they can add a lot of atmosphere without changing gameplay

SuperSunny
April 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM
:(

Might be pretty cool to see some windows on the walls themselves though, showing some areas you cant get to. Like a spotlit underground waterfall or something. To date I've never seen CE mappers do much of anything with unreachable areas... its a shame cause they can add a lot of atmosphere without changing gameplay

That wouldn't be such a bad idea! I think I'll add that in, actually. There are quite a few areas I can implement that into. I'll look into this, thanks!

ultama121
April 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
A new RC of Valkyrie? Can't wait to play it :).

Pooky
April 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Also sunny are you ever on CE? I'd reinstall to play this with you :o

(I remember you were in my server once on the beta of this)

Also also I'll upload this to one of the face servers later and try it out :D

Sel
April 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Sunnys effects?

With 20+ FPS?

IN MY HALO

Pooky
April 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
It's more likely than you think

e:

Well since I've played every version of this since beta 1, I only really have 2 new comments about this version.

The really pretty water still doesn't splash, and you might consider getting some higher res decals... they're really hard to notice against the rest of the map. That is, you shoot the wall and can't really tell you even shot it.

SuperSunny
April 8th, 2008, 03:32 AM
It's more likely than you think

e:

Well since I've played every version of this since beta 1, I only really have 2 new comments about this version.

The really pretty water still doesn't splash, and you might consider getting some higher res decals... they're really hard to notice against the rest of the map. That is, you shoot the wall and can't really tell you even shot it.

It's impossible to get it to splash because of the leveling of the water. If I add a water fog modifier, every part of the game all the way underneath gains it too.

For decals, I guess I could work on higher res or darker ones. They slow my 8500gt down (due to a bug), though (usually I have them off)

Ralex123
April 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
NICE. I really like that you added all that stuff in. The map was too small in the beginning =P

paladin
April 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
nice, dling now