PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Link's rap instumentals (computerized beats)

LinkandKvel
April 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Lately I've been enjoying working on rap instrumentals for fun and lately its seems my activity could start making me some money as of now i'm having people considering buying some of them. I've tried to make this thread once before, but resulted in a lock because of rap bashers coming in and ignited a flame war so please if you don't like rap at all or computerized beats do not listen on because most likely almost 100% you won't like these either. Thanks for listening and leave feed.

http://kvel.imeem.com/playlist/O2ww5qNu/kv_productions_music_playlist/

If I had to choose between my favorite ones I'd have to say
1. "Untouchable"
2. "Aint Tha Same"
3. or for creativity "Bounce"

Bad Waffle
April 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
i think ima save one or two of these and blast em wif my boombox the next time i go out partying.

LinkandKvel
August 21st, 2008, 12:48 AM
Some updated:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=857378

I think I'm pretty good at this considering it hasn't even been a year and I have 22 Tracks made.

and for some reason this is one of ma favorite. One of the "least" Hip-Hop ones I have:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6748991

Also this:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6827339 took only an hour to make. I stopped because I wasn't sure if I should continue it.

Malloy
August 22nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
you have only been doing it a year and it sounds as good as some of that crap that Sulja boy is making money off... we could possibly see you on MTV in a couple years time.

rofl

ICEE
August 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
these sound really cool. They'd be nice for a teaser trailer. +rep

DaneO'Roo
August 24th, 2008, 11:24 PM
you have only been doing it a year and it sounds as good as some of that crap that Sulja boy is making money off... we could possibly see you on MTV in a couple years time.

rofl

This.

Play your own dam instruments.

LinkandKvel
August 25th, 2008, 12:34 AM
This.

Play your own dam instruments.

OMG don't bring this shit into here again. It IS a instrument. It's called a fucking piano if you knew what you were talking about.

Corndogman
August 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM
You make beats with Drums, not by pressing buttons on a computer :|

LinkandKvel
August 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
not by pressing buttons on a computer :|You obviously don't know much about fruity loops do you?

Limited
August 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
You make beats with Drums, not by pressing buttons on a computer :|
You think mp3's is the whole band playing the whole song throughout in one take? Wow.

Yeah artists use real instruments, but they usually record it, then play with it on the pc. Or they make their own sounds then put that into a program like fruity loops

I cant be the only one that is required to login to listen to it am I?

LinkandKvel
August 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I cant be the only one that is required to login to listen to it am I?
no tis why I changed sites

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=857378

LinkandKvel
January 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
New instrumental.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7229461

I haven't made one in a long while mostly because I was on a creative block. I think it may be over though.

DaneO'Roo
January 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
G that creative spurt didn't last long the first time did it.

Maybe it's because the genre of music your investing yourself into, is incredibly limited :awesome:

LinkandKvel
January 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It was 4 months long. These aren't any different from a piano so it isn't the genre.

MetKiller Joe
January 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I don't like rap/hip hop but this is bearable.

Good job.

KiLLa
January 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
so wait..you can post music shit here too?
Why the fuck haven't I seen any fellow guitarist makin threads jammin and shits?
BLASPHEMY!!

Anywho, sounds good I guess..not really my thing.
IMO doesn't take "talent" just know how and a semi-decent ear..

Sel
January 13th, 2009, 08:58 PM
[17:53]<Yuki>I searched that on google
[17:53]<CodeBrain (irc://irc.gamesurge.net/CodeBrain,isnick)>lol.
[17:53]<Yuki>and the first image result brough me to this rap site

The search query was Rollin in da pussy.

It seems relevant to me :maddowns:

LinkandKvel
January 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM
so wait..you can post music shit here too?
Why the fuck haven't I seen any fellow guitarist makin threads jammin and shits?
BLASPHEMY!!

Anywho, sounds good I guess..not really my thing.
IMO doesn't take "talent" just know how and a semi-decent ear..
I mean it does take talent. You gotta have something better that a semi-decent ear. It has to be a good ear and you have to understand music theory/composition. The better experience you have the more professional, authenticity sound it has to it. Doing this has actually taught me to play piano a bit and I've quite a bit more about music composition too. It's not as easy as everyone pretty much thinks. If you happen to have none of hte above chances are your instrumentals will sound empty and dull and have no emotion which also hence you have to have alot of creativity too.

[17:53]<Yuki>I searched that on google
[17:53]<CodeBrain (irc://irc.gamesurge.net/CodeBrain,isnick)>lol.
[17:53]<Yuki>and the first image result brough me to this rap site

The search query was Rollin in da pussy.

It seems relevant to me :maddowns:How is that relevant? This threads about MY instrumentals, not any other rapper's/producer's music.

KiLLa
January 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Well I suppose it takes more of a mental talent composing instrumentals and what not..
Rather than a combination of physical talent, and musical knowledge/talent..
I dunno, to me, I prefer the human side of things, to me music is all about the emotion captured by the person playing the drums, guitar, piano, or even singing..
You can't capture the improvision side of things, and the feeling, with "automated" music..
One thing I always fight, is the structured side of music, to me it's all about exploration, and feeling, or just havin a blast doing what you enjoy..
On your side of things it will always sound the same, no matter what..
It's just two different sides of music, technicality vs expression.

I'm not downing on it at all, and I actually somewhat enjoyed it, and can tell there's alot put into it.
Just sharing my perspective on things..

mech
January 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
It goes from a midi keyboard to computer.

LinkandKvel
January 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
^ Yea what it actaully does is the keyboard acts as a tone or pitch modifier for many different sounds. What it basically is, is music composed by piano, but with different soundfonts rather than just a default piano. Thats why I say it isn't different because it's actually the same thing. You can't really go in-depth with things like automated guitars and flutes etc. but you can come extremely close. You'd be surprised how much effort is involved and what good music they can make. Sometimes it's so close that you can BARELY tell the difference between the real instrument.

KiLLa
January 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I've played with midi...the sounds are far to digital..
ESPECIALLY any "guitar" tones..far from how a guitar sounds..lawl
To each his own I suppose, but I say nothing can replace the sound of a real genuine instrument!
So many tones, techinques, natural feel(especially when bending notes ona guitar, or stringed instrument) ect.. that you just cannot replicate with even the finest of audio software..

LinkandKvel
January 13th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I've played with midi...the sounds are far to digital..
ESPECIALLY any "guitar" tones..far from how a guitar sounds..lawl
To each his own I suppose, but I say nothing can replace the sound of a real genuine instrument!
So many tones, techinques, natural feel(especially when bending notes ona guitar, or stringed instrument) ect.. that you just cannot replicate with even the finest of audio software..Thats why you need to find the closest soundfont, and tweek it to as perfected as you can, but I don't have the patience AT ALL for that shit lol. I think the drums can be pretty accurate though.

Bad Waffle
January 14th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Well, the thing is, you cant get the sound a guitar makes on a computer, because a computer isn't hooked up a a marshall or a frontman or something. It's hooked up to puny little speakers, not an amp.

LinkandKvel
January 14th, 2009, 12:34 AM
The closest thing I know is a full stereo speaker system. Not sure if there is some type of cord that can hook up between an amp and a PC. Although Now that I think about it ALL computerized beats aren't made through PCs. Some are hooked through specific hardware so it MIGHT be possible to hook up an amp to one of those devices.

mech
January 14th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Well, the thing is, you cant get the sound a guitar makes on a computer, because a computer isn't hooked up a a marshall or a frontman or something. It's hooked up to puny little speakers, not an amp.

You can hook a guitar up to a computer.

LinkandKvel
August 8th, 2009, 02:36 AM
few more made: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=857378

the first 6 are the most recent. feedback? Not "i hate instrumentals/this is not real instruments" feedback. Actually something useful?

IceCube
August 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow, im really loving some of these!