PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Digital painting - Mountains

Snowy
April 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it's a WIP, digital painting... comments, thus far, please. :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/snowysnowcones/Mountains_WIP.jpg

I'm new to this digital painting stuff, don't be too harsh.

Zeph
April 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
That light colored area on the left works against you. Also, work bigger. Make your canvases include more pixels.

Apoc4lypse
April 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
That light colored area on the left works against you. Also, work bigger. Make your canvases include more pixels.

he speaks the truth... looks like some of the first digital paintings I attempted at.

Try to add more detail, don't just use the burn and dodge tool either.

Aerowyn
April 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
You're doing well in terms of the atmospheric perspective, having the farther mountains being lighter.

However, that white splotch (the sun, I assume?) is making the piece fairly unbalanced. It's just the contrast between the darks of the mountain and that sudden splash of white.

Try using a different colour. I know yellow is a "3rd grader's sun", but a light shade of yellow (and then giving the sky a sunsetted look perhaps) might make the piece more effective.

Though, you can choose to not listen to me! What I'm saying isn't concrete. You do with your art what you feel is right.

il Duce Primo
April 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I agree with Aero. Add in a light yellow and maybe add a really light yellow to the snow on the mountains and a little orange in the background. I think those colors would look great with the blue and make a great balance