PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Arcade

dark navi
April 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I just had to RMA my Xbox 360, and my brother and I are going to get an Xbox Elite with our gift card that Best Buy is giving us, but we want to get another Xbox to have two of them. Since we didn't have to return our HDD, we are thinking about just buying a Xbox 360 Arcade system to save $100. Can you attach a HDD to a Xbox 360 Arcade?

Thanks

paladin
April 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Um.. thats sucks, I just had to do the same thing.

ima_from_America
April 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, you just have to take the top thingy off.

Mr Buckshot
April 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Uh, yes. This feature is very well known. I'm surprised you had to make a thread on the forum to get answers this question. The hard drive can simply be attached, no screwdrivers or anything required.

paladin
April 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Uh, yes. This feature is very well known. I'm surprised you had to make a thread on the forum to get answers this question. The hard drive can simply be attached, no screwdrivers or anything required.

Yes, after looking around, it seems you can just take the top thing off.

dark navi
April 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys.

paintballakid5
April 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
the Arcade version sucks though, i bought one for my mom, and she has a hard time loading stuff, it's Very slow, i think they decreased the RAM in it...

Terin
April 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Many games use the hard drive to pre-load and use them. Without a hard drive, it has to use the on-board RAM, which can be noticeably slower. I doubt they would decrease the RAM when the entire system has to rely on it.

I need a HDD... D:

paladin
April 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
the Arcade version sucks though, i bought one for my mom, and she has a hard time loading stuff, it's Very slow, i think they decreased the RAM in it...

way to read the original post.

Xetsuei
April 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM

No. It's exactly the same as all the other versions hardware wise, except it doesn't have a HDD.

paladin
April 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you^^

I have two HHDs already, why buy a premium and have 3 HHDs and 2 Xboxs?

paintballakid5
April 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
sorry i thought they might have lowered the Ram but i guess i was wrong.