PDA

View Full Version : NZ man 'used hedgehog as weapon'

Bodzilla
April 8th, 2008, 03:10 AM
A man in New Zealand has been charged with using a hedgehog as a weapon, the New Zealand Herald has reported.
Police said William Singalargh, 27, had hurled the hedgehog about 5m (16ft) at a 15-year-old boy.
"It hit the victim in the leg, causing a large, red welt and several puncture marks," said Senior Sgt Bruce Jenkins, in the North Island town of Whakatane.
It was unclear whether the hedgehog was still alive when it was thrown, though it was dead when collected as evidence.
The police spokesman said the suspect was arrested "for assault with a weapon, namely the hedgehog."
Mr Singalargh is due to appear in court on 17 April. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7334233.stm

I lol'd.
i mean seriously a HEDGE HOG?

rossmum
April 8th, 2008, 03:51 AM
WOW.

Poor hedgehog. :smith:

Timo
April 8th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Oh man that'd hurt so bad.
A bit more info:

At a hearing in Whakatane District Court on February 14, Singalargh's lawyer said he intended to plead innocent, The Herald on Sunday newspaper reported. The case is due to resume on April 17. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison, Jenkins said.
"People often get charged with assault for throwing things at other people," Jenkins said, although he admitted the use of a hedgehog as a weapon was "uncommon."
It was unclear if he also would face animal cruelty charges. The Herald said the hedgehog was dead when it was collected as evidence, but did not know if it was dead or alive at the time of the alleged attack.
The Herald reported Singalargh's arrest under the headline "Raise your hands and step away from the hedgehog."

Llama Juice
April 8th, 2008, 05:37 AM
that reminds me of that crazy bitch who beat a dog breeder with a dead puppy....

Woman Beat With Dead Puppy

A woman accused of pummeling a dog breeder over the head with a dead Chihuahua has been charged with two misdemeanors and reimbursed the money she paid for the puppy.

Lisa Lynn Hopfer, 33, of Wentzville, was charged with trespassing and third-degree assault in the June 7 incident, authorities said.

Hopfer told police she had taken the puppy to a veterinarian, who said it was only 4 weeks old and needed to be returned to its mother. But before she could return the puppy named Chloe, it died.

Authorities said Hopfer went to the breeder's home, pushed her way inside and began fighting with the breeder as she tried to make her way to the basement to get another puppy, police said.

Linda Hulsey, 33, of St. Peters, wrestled the woman out of her house to the front porch, where the woman then hit the breeder over the head numerous times with the dead puppy, police said.

Hulsey said she was hit with the dead puppy at least 30 times and went to a hospital for her bruises, but had no serious injuries. She said she was upset that Hopfer had accused her of selling the puppy too young and said the puppy was two days shy of 6 weeks old.

Hulsey said she later returned the $100 that Hopfer had paid for the dog.

DaneO'Roo
April 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FRain
April 8th, 2008, 09:16 AM
^
^
ROFLROFLLOLOLOLOLOL

Also,

Poor Sonic.

TeeKup
April 8th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Beating people with Hedge Hogs and dead puppies. Wow humanity has reached an all-time low.

rossmum
April 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Not quite. We used to catapult dead cows and horses at each other back in the middle ages.

MEDIEVAL BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS WHAT

Zeph
April 8th, 2008, 10:18 AM
*awaits sonic comic*

TeeKup
April 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Not quite. We used to catapult dead cows and horses at each other back in the middle ages.

Now I laughed at that when I first heard that. All I could think of was the Chik-fil-A Cow holding a "eat moar chiken" sign as it flew through the air.

klange
April 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Poor Sonic.

ultama121
April 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
It better have been damn Shadow, Sonic is amazing.

Emmzee
April 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Was speed the hedgehog's game?

Amit
April 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM

It made sense back then.

Emmzee
April 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail065.jpg

THE FRENCH ARE LISTENING.

http://costumenetwork.com/albums/album82/cow_catapult.jpg

RUN AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Corndogman
April 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM

What do you mean middle ages? i did that yesterday...:eyesroll: