PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New ViDOC

Heathen
April 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
"Mapmaker, Mapmaker Make Me a Map."

From BNET:

This ViDOC focuses specifically on the Legendary Map Pack (http://www.bungie.net/projects/halo3/content.aspx?link=H3LegendaryMapPack) (due April 15th for 800 points on Xbox Live Marketplace) and introduces viewers to virtual versions of the some of the designers and artists who worked on Avalanche, Blackout and Ghost Town. An assortment of file sizes for the ViDOC are available for download now. Tomorrow, the ViDOC will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Word of caution: The "Large" versions live up to their branding and are 720p versions of the ViDOC. Enjoy!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13509

Ki11a_FTW
April 9th, 2008, 07:51 PM
downloading

Heathen
April 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Its good to see how the energy shield things looked. I like that they made them fit the doors. I also liked the idea of being able to block the doors with more "motif" fitting doors like on foundry....

paladin
April 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
It was a good watch. The levels look good.

Ki11a_FTW
April 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
:awesome, funny when he said on blackout "There recording everything were saying. Love a bob bai" :lol:, all 3 of them look like great maps for gameplay and for forge

Corndogman
April 9th, 2008, 08:20 PM
these maps look great. and bungie employees always seem like they have so much fun with their jobs, it'd be awesome to work there.

Heathen
April 9th, 2008, 08:20 PM
^ I doubt it...On the Halo 3 essentals and most glimpses into "Bungieland" theirs that one guy (forgive me for not remembering his name) that always looks like a complete ass to work with..

Did anyone else think the wall textures in avalanch looked kinda bunk?

Zeph
April 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Well that's a waste of bandwidth. Only thing I liked about it was the nice textures on the first map.

leorimolo
April 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Found something

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7619/lazeron1.jpg

Zeph
April 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
now that I've made your url a hyperlink, why dont you go to bungie's site and look up the weapon's map for that level.

Heathen
April 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
never noticed the b ball cort....some skull ball time.

paladin
April 9th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Can you use the filters on all maps?

FireDragon04
April 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Think its only on these 3 maps, not sure.
I loved this ViDoc actually, lets me see the maps in detail more, it's better then nothing :lol:

Kornman00
April 10th, 2008, 10:28 AM
^ I doubt it...On the Halo 3 essentals and most glimpses into "Bungieland" theirs that one guy (forgive me for not remembering his name) that always looks like a complete ass to work with..
sounds like a Harold to me :awesome:

and the FX forge objects are only for the legendary maps

FireDragon04
April 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
and the FX forge objects are only for the legendary maps
Yep!

And i just watched for the 3rd time with a friend, and we couldn't stop laughing when the pink elite was humping the guy on Ghost Town...its just the noises he made :confused: ............. ok? haha!

Botolf
April 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I can't stop laughing at those noises either :lol:

Heathen
April 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I can't stop laughing at those noises either :lol:

haha, same here. The forge filters ARE just for the new maps...its hard for them to put it into the new maps....(via patch maybe possible right?) I just wish they had more FX than the ones they showed, but if you look on the open menu on ghost town, you can see that he's at the bottom of the list :(

Anyways...