PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never I guess :-/

Kornman00
April 11th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Today, President Bush announced his decision to return to twelve-month deployments in the CENTCOM theater for active Army units. The President’s decision reflects the improved security situation in Iraq – one made possible by your unwavering commitment and willingness to sacrifice – as well as the recognition of the impact of extended deployments on Army Families and our readiness. Today’s policy change will help reduce that strain as we continue to grow the Army and restore balance.

The Army will reduce “Boots On the Ground” time to no more than twelve months for all active component Soldiers deploying to the CENTCOM area of operations after 1 August 2008. Soldiers deploying prior to 1 August will complete their scheduled deployments.

The return to twelve-month deployments does not change the Army’s dwell time policy. This policy is intended to give units time to properly reset and allow Soldiers, Families, and friends to reconnect.
You have chosen a most noble profession. With your Families standing with you in support, you have borne the increased stress and burden of this war for our Army and our Nation. A grateful Army and Nation thank you.

It's good for those soldiers deploying after august, but a good friend of mine still has to suffer their 15month sentence :|

Agamemnon
April 11th, 2008, 02:36 AM
The Army really thanked you for your "willingness to sacrifice [yourself]"? Patton would have a field day with whoever wrote that.

Kornman00
April 11th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah, it was in a email sent to our battalion cmdr, who forwarded it to us :-/

I don't ever believe the shit about being "thankful" the administration tries to spew. Never actually sounds like they mean it...owait, because they don't :haw:. l2lie better Bush admin!

SnaFuBAR
April 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
your unwavering commitment and willingness to sacrifice

lol stoploss

Kornman00
April 11th, 2008, 02:51 AM
And they wonder why the divorce rate is so high in the military :haw:

SnaFuBAR
April 11th, 2008, 02:54 AM
and marines coming back and killing thier wives:omfg:

Agamemnon
April 11th, 2008, 02:58 AM
or the suicide rates for returning soldiers as well

Kornman00
April 11th, 2008, 03:02 AM
or the desertion rate :-3

rossmum
April 11th, 2008, 03:04 AM
dear god that is so overflowing with fucking stupid it's not funny

really they need to put the assholes that write that shit out on the field for a while

n00b1n8R
April 11th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Why exactly did you sign up anyways (and if it's the whole fat stacks of cash story then don't bother).

Kornman00
April 11th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Well, tbh, I only got a grand for a "bonus" and that was because I signed up as a senior in HS. I originally signed up because I really didn't want to just transition into college life while trying to hold a job on the side and really didn't think it was the best way to kick start the third phase of my life.

Now I'm just going with the flow, counting the days until I get out. Wasn't the best time, if ever, to join. My recruiter never lied to me, but he did mislead me in some things, though I'm not sure if they were on purpose or not...

But on the note of stacks 'o cash, being in has allowed me to visit bungie directly, not to mention purchase some rather rare items (bungie related and unrelated) that I can easily put up for resale and make that money back, or even more. Really, if you played your cards right going in, you can EASILY milk uncle sam dry in four years.

n00b1n8R
April 11th, 2008, 03:33 AM
You milked Uncle Sam?
That is gross you are gross. :saddowns:

Still, I've allways half contemplated the air force..

rossmum
April 11th, 2008, 03:45 AM
I did until I found out my vision was shit. Thinking about the Army Reserve at the moment.

Bodzilla
April 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Bush: "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice, i am willing to make."

but i suppose it's a step in the right direction.

n00b1n8R
April 11th, 2008, 04:41 AM
BushLord Farquad: "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice, i am willing to make."

but i suppose it's a step in the right direction.
ftfu u misrepresenting monster u <:maddowns:>

Jay2645
April 11th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I KNEW I recognized that quote from somewhere...

TeeKup
April 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I was contemplating the air force myself.....but I probably shouldn't join. X3

Bodzilla
April 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think the navy would be right up your ally teek :wink:

SnaFuBAR
April 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
oh wow the gay shitposting starts up again. shut the hell up guys.

TeeKup
April 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Out of all honesty though, I would love to be an engineer or even a pilot in the air force.

Boba
April 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
If I didn't have shiteyes I would want to be in the Airforce.

paladin
April 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm going into the Coast Guard in 3 years. I'm going fly roflcopters in Alaska. They go soi soi soi soi