PDA

View Full Version : ninja dream

n00b1n8R
February 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
hello peoples.i am posting this from my school.but my school blocks this site.how am i doing it?one of my asociates has linked me to this AWSOME site.www.ninjadream.comit's a proxy server so you can get around the computer nazi filters set in place by school admins and if your interested in setting up your own server, then go to www.peacefire.org:) but lunch is over, so cyas in a few hoursn00b out

rossmum
February 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM
The DET's bringing in some ultra-lame system they've already implemented at my school. End result? Well fuck that, no more using the school PCs for me... if you can't do shit all on the damn things (and believe me you can't), what's the point?

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM
what?

do you mean an internets system or a computer system?

we've got those already (running cytrics :fail: )

it's better than being able to do nothing.
n00b out

rossmum
February 7th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Both. Plus our school's network admin/general PC guy is paranoid as hell and the compuational equivalent of the Gestapo.

itszutak
February 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
:/ Our computers allow H2Vista.net and the gbx forums, but no downloading haloce by USB <_<

Or any ability to use a USB at all.

Anyhow, couldn't any proxy site be blocked by a school?

Boo Diddly
February 7th, 2007, 01:55 PM
oooo! i know this one! (I was job-shadowing for a semester at my school'd IT department)

they can block any site they want to. I've seen software that shows EVERY site that people on the whole network go to, its even color coded if you would like. There is also software *coughfortresscough* that can lock down a computer tighter than an over zealous parent and their 17 year old daughter.

IT Department -- Can -blam- up your life so hard that you get pregnant from the log in screen.

PlasbianX
February 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
i use one i found at school that looks EXACTLY like google, so the computer lab techs dont realize that im getting past their blocks :P

rossmum
February 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
They must be pretty lax. We had something similar and ours killed it within a week.

legionaire45
February 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM
H2V and GBX aren't blocked by web(non)sense yet. I know Dangerden, engadget and newegg are blocked because of me though xD. All we have to do to get around our block is to bring firefox in on a flash drive. =D

n00b1n8R
February 8th, 2007, 01:46 AM
i can't run .exe's at school unless their compressed in a .zip and don't have to have any other files to suport them >.>

links please plasbian :D