PDA

View Full Version : Do you work out?

Atty
April 14th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I know this is a painfully wrong thing to ask a group of gamers, especially those dedicated enough to rip apart game's engines, but still, if I can do it, maybe someone else can too? If you do share your work out routines if you want or discuss it!

I've been working out for about two months now, currently I'm on a 6 day a week work out set up, going like this:

Monday: Chest - Bench, Incline Dumbless, Flys, etc.
Tuesday: Back/Shoulders - Military Press, Shrugs, Dead lifts, etc.
Wednesday: Arms - Curls, Skull crunchers, hammer curls, concentration curls, dips, chin ups, etc, etc.
Thursday: Core/Legs/Whatever - Shit load of ab and leg work outs.
Friday: Chest - Same as Monday
Saturday: Arms - Same as Wednesday.
Sunday: Off (although sometimes I go do Core and Legs again.)

Right now I'm in the muscle building phase still, trying to build, soon I'm going to go for getting cut. Lowering my weight and increasing my reps as well as boosting my amount of running per week (usually I do about 3 miles every other day, hoping to do 3 miles every day.) I'm still going to build muscle but I want to look cut for summer.

Kornman00
April 14th, 2008, 01:51 AM
pfffffffffft, PT on the weekends, what a joke.

I haven't done PT since last year :-3

leorimolo
April 14th, 2008, 01:56 AM
hmm not working out but I regularly play soccer also does masturbation count?lol
hmm

rossmum
April 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I get up to go to the fridge every hour or so.

Bodzilla
April 14th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I build lots and lots of cupboards.

ExAm
April 14th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I go to the gym every few days, burn 100 cals on the bike, then go down to the machines and work my abs, adductors (my thighs are rubbing and I'm getting damn tired of it!), pecs, biceps, triceps, and some leg muscles. My whole workout generally lasts about 45 minutes.

I've lost over 30 pounds in the last 6 months :downs:

Atty
April 14th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I usually start off on the bike, only hitting off about 30 calories, but thats only 3 minutes or so of riding. My work out is around an hour long to about 2 hours, depends on what I'm doing, and if its a chest or back day how long it takes my friend and I to re-rack and un-rack our weights since we're both on different levels. He's benching upward of 300lbs where as I'm sitting around the 200 mark.

n00b1n8R
April 14th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I've been meaning to get a thing going where every time I die in a game (competitive FPS, not Gmod :P), I do a few push-ups.

I might just start doing that. >_>

Bodzilla
April 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
you'll never have time to play :v:

n00b1n8R
April 14th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Hey fuck you. <:mad:>

DaneO'Roo
April 14th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Pushups right after I wake up in the morning and sit-ups right before I go to bed.

Timo
April 14th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I used to go for hour or so bike rides every other day, should really start up again D:

dg
April 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I alternate everyday. Starting on Monday, I run about 2 1/2 - 3 miles outside and then come back and do about 10 minutes of core (two pegs of pain, table tops, and usually some sit ups). Then on Tuesday, I do the majority of my heavy lifting. I bought a bench/bar and some free weights in addition to the machines we have. My cycle for the off days goes like this:

17-20 diamond pushups
17-20 sit ups (with obliques)
Elliptical for 1:30, as fast as possible
10 bench press
12 Pec-Deck flys
15 (Cable) Lat pulldown
12 (Cable) Lat pulldown behind head
12 Upright rows

Do that 3 times in the first two days, then 4 times during the last part of the week.

Atty
April 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Pushups right after I wake up in the morning and sit-ups right before I go to bed.I hate regular sit ups but I've come to love decline sit ups, especially at the highest angle I can put it at, do about 15 reps (or more if I can take it) for the first set then do as many as possible the second with a 25lb plate and then the third with a 45lb plate.

Pooky
April 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Not particularly... I walk a few miles to school and again back everyday, and walk my dogs. But it's not like I'm jogging or anything.

Llama Juice
April 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
The only real exercise I get is DDR...

And I hardly get to play enough.... but when I do get to play...

Shit I played for like three hours last night.. (On Maniac (haha it was a 4th mix solo... so oldschool) or on Expert (Is that what they call it in SuperNova now?... I think it is...) or Hard mode on ITG2... I was playin doubles on ITG2 if that counts for anything...

Then to end it all I finished off my "workout" with some Percusison master and some Dance Maniax... yea... nerdiest "workout" EVAR

However... I am getting a rather crazy DDR pad for the home here (http://www.llamajuice.com/img/blueshark.jpg)... so I don't have to travel an hour and fifteen minutes to play on a decent pad.

Classicthunder
April 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I run 3 miles a day Monday Wednesday Friday and 9 Tuesday Thursday.

Don't work out my upper body. Slows me down too much for soccer.

blind
April 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
If you're going to run, you shouldn't run long distances.
The only benefit is that you're going to be able to run long distances, after a while you're going to have to start running more to get the same results and then you're going to start burning muscle instead of fat. Do interval training instead of running, it works wonders.

Masterz1337
April 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I get up to go to the fridge every hour or so.
Same. Does running to catch the bus or get to class count?

Emmzee
April 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I lift low-weight dumbbells and use those hand squeezey things.

Kornman00
April 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM
If you're going to run, you shouldn't run long distances.
The only benefit is that you're going to be able to run long distances, after a while you're going to have to start running more to get the same results and then you're going to start burning muscle instead of fat. Do interval training instead of running, it works wonders.
tell that the army pl0x, kthx

Ki11a_FTW
April 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
i work out for 3 hours every tuesday

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM
i work out every week, benching 210 pounds. i would be doing more but i moved from freeweights to my friend's bowflex (it's only a few feet away from the 360).

paladin
April 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Everyday. 3 hours of soccer and weight training every other.

i work out every week, benching 210 pounds. i would be doing more but i moved from freeweights to my friend's bowflex (it's only a few feet away from the 360).

I don't like resistance training, though it is technically better for your joints.

And not to one up you but my bench is 275 :)

Corndogman
April 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Im in a weight lifting class at school. i bulked up a lot in the beginning of the school year but got lazy about half way through and havent really done anything since. ive lost my ability to lift weights and am generally out of shape. im sore from all the running i did this weekend.

Roostervier
April 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I lift weights for football and track. Next year through senior year (3 years) I have advanced P.E., which is just weight lifting. I like weight lifting a lot, it's actually pretty fun. I usually try to go as often as possible because if I don't lift for about a week I lose about 20 lbs, and I've been trying to maintain a weight of at least 200 lbs (I'm 202 lbs at the moment).

Llama Juice
April 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I've been trying to loose weight... fuck..

I've lost about 20 lbs in the last two months or so by just eating better and exercising more... I was at 240... this morning I was at 219.

ICEE
April 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
HAHA... no working out for this one. I weigh 120 lbs, and so I shall remain.

Mass
April 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I used to do 4 sets of 15 reps on 5 different machines a day, alternating body regions.
But then PE got shifted to Sex Ed and I gained back 10 pounds and I can't lift like I used to.

A friend of mine devised a system where everytime he feels like masturbating he does 20 pushups and 30 sit ups. I'm not quite sure what the motive was for not fapping anymore, but meh.

m13120
April 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Not so big on upper body, basically just running. I do a couple of push ups, sit ups, and pulls ups now and then.

During summer and fall I train long distance for Cross Country, Mondays are 3-5 miles of hills, Tuesdays are drills on the track (stadiums, sprints, etc), Wednesdays are light days with a light 5k, unless there is a meet that Wednesday, Thursday is long run, about 6-8 miles, and Friday is another light day with a light 5k.

During winter and spring I train for track, basically everyday is the same, usually it's sprints (though I am on middle/long distance part of the track team). Now and then my team does 4 miles, but usually its sprinting 12 400s with short breaks in between each. Other days are just ladders and relay training.

Yep, that's about it.

PenGuin1362
April 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I run monday-friday, mile in 6 minutes >_>. Then after that just do weight lifting etc. No real set schedule, changes every week.

Corndogman
April 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
im not so big on upper body either. i cant bench for crap. my legs are pretty strong though. i can run fairly fast but i have little stamina. thats something i need to work on. i hope to be able to do backflips off walls by sumer, or sometime in the summer.

STLRamsFan
April 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I actually enjoy running more than I do lifting these days. Currently training for a half marathon during the Labor day weekend which should be fun. Although I do have an 8k race on May 4th.

While some are not high on it, I do lift upper body at once or twice a week. My past heavy lifting has helped me be really cut up and I think I look pretty darn good these days. I may be skinny but I'm respected by some lifters as they have said they are impressed with me lifting as much as I have even though I'm small.

I'm very interested in stuff like this and I would like to major in something having to do with exercise. I'm actually looking into exercise science as well as athletic training.

And I got a few comments on the follow post:

I've been working out for about two months now, currently I'm on a 6 day a week work out set up, going like this:

Monday: Chest - Bench, Incline Dumbless, Flys, etc.
Tuesday: Back/Shoulders - Military Press, Shrugs, Dead lifts, etc.
Wednesday: Arms - Curls, Skull crunchers, hammer curls, concentration curls, dips, chin ups, etc, etc.
Thursday: Core/Legs/Whatever - Shit load of ab and leg work outs.
Friday: Chest - Same as Monday
Saturday: Arms - Same as Wednesday.
Sunday: Off (although sometimes I go do Core and Legs again.)

Right now I'm in the muscle building phase still, trying to build, soon I'm going to go for getting cut. Lowering my weight and increasing my reps as well as boosting my amount of running per week (usually I do about 3 miles every other day, hoping to do 3 miles every day.) I'm still going to build muscle but I want to look cut for summer.

This actually isn't the best of workout routines to be quite honest... One major thing that I find flawed in this workout routine is the lack of proper REST. Proper lifting/rest/eating right are the keys to getting big.

While I've heard of 5 day splits (they however do a different set of muscle groups each day, unlike what you're doing which is having two chest days and arm days which really isn't the best idea), I'm more in favor of doing 3 day splits.

3 day splits basically go something like this:

Monday: Push (Bench, chest, tris......)
Tuesday: Run/core/strech (be sure you do plenty of streching!)
Wednesday: Pull (deadlifting, back, bis.....)
Thursday: Run/core/strech
Friday: Legs (squat, anything legs....)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest or do some cardio, be sure to give your body proper rest!

And also remember while cutting, to reduce what you eat a little. While eating properly is key, cutting down what you eat a little is also another thing I've read that lifters do when cutting.

Good luck in your goal man, you're on the right track, just fix up your routine a bit and you'll be all set!

By the way, this is a site I think would help a couple of you. It has a lot of good reads (plus a store to buy legal supplements): http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.htm (Link to different articles some might find interesting as well as useful, give it a read).

ultama121
April 14th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I ride a stationary bicycle most days and practice martial arts on the weekend.

Llama Juice
April 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I ride a stationary bicycle most days and practice martial arts on the weekend.

Are you this kid?

HPPj6viIBmU

and yes, old video is old

Patrickssj6
April 15th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Rams is right. Actually to build up muscles you only need to train it each 3rd day or so...and you need the rest to let them grow. If you constantly train them they won't grow and we all know we want to grow into...

/post has to much growing going on

TheGhost
April 15th, 2008, 02:46 PM
long-distance running, although I've been meaning to build some muscle.

Kornman00
April 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Rams is right. Actually to build up muscles you only need to train it each 3rd day or so...and you need the rest to let them grow. If you constantly train them they won't grow and we all know we want to grow into...

/post has to much growing going on
Too bad the military is just a bunch of "hurrrrrrrrrrrrr, Ima durrrrrrrrrrr"fs and believe you need it everyday (sometimes even twice a day) for an hour session, all week :/

fucking officer durfs :|

Tweek
April 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
i judo for 4 hours straight once a week, that's enough workout for me it seems, i've got the body to prove it :3

ima_from_America
April 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I sit and do absolutely nothing, yet I still maintain a healthy weight.

paintballakid5
April 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
i bench press and life weight life about every day... and go for Runs and bike rides.. bu i'm still chubby :( lol

ima_from_America
April 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM
You forgot to add "...the pants were dead..."

TeeKup
April 15th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have a membership at the local YMCA.
~:awesome:>

Llama Juice
April 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Do you use it?... or are you still in step one of that phase?... one of those "if I build it they will come" type situations?

PenGuin1362
April 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
i bench press and life weight life about every day... and go for Runs and bike rides.. bu i'm still chubby :( lol

protip: Just because you exercise doesn't mean you can still eat like a fat kid. Also it's recommended you get a MINIMUM 30 minutes of extensive workout. Meaning you have to at least break a sweat. otherwise your weight is go no where but potentially up :|

Roostervier
April 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
:(

I still eat like a fat kid.

Well, if you consider the times I actually eat (my parents usually have to force me to since I never think about doing it. The only times I really do are when they force me to or breakfast and lunch on the weekdays since I have school). Then also, I call getting a pack of skittles and starburst everyday at school along with the normal lunch eating like a fat kid. Maybe it isn't. <_<

I'm surprised I'm the only one who wants his weight to go up as well. I had hoped there'd be more of those type of lifters here. Maybe you are all just in hiding.

m13120
April 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Are you this kid?

HPPj6viIBmU

and yes, old video is old

Missing green screen background.

Emmzee
April 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Do you use it?... or are you still in step one of that phase?... one of those "if I build it they will come" type situations?
He just uses it for the group showers.

Bodzilla
April 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
where do Genetics Factor into this?

paintballakid5
April 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
protip: Just because you exercise doesn't mean you can still eat like a fat kid. Also it's recommended you get a MINIMUM 30 minutes of extensive workout. Meaning you have to at least break a sweat. otherwise your weight is go no where but potentially up :|

i eat healthy too, i guess i have soem wierd fat lsing problem lol... i'm not Fat i'm just a lil round XD

Kornman00
April 16th, 2008, 05:26 AM
come back in twenty years and say that

Bodzilla
April 16th, 2008, 05:27 AM
you know whats funny.

while i'm reading this thread i'm having a pasta bowl full of Custard sprinkled with bits of crushed Cruchie (Chocolate honeycomb bar).

and i'm under weight.
Go figure :rolleyes:

so freaking tasty :-3

Kornman00
April 16th, 2008, 05:31 AM
you know whats funny.

while i'm reading this thread i'm having a pasta bowl full of Custard sprinkled with bits of crushed Cruchie (Chocolate honeycomb bar).

and i'm under weight.
Go figure :rolleyes:
see:

come back in twenty years and say that
this.

Bodzilla
April 16th, 2008, 05:33 AM
*looks at grandfarther, Looks at farther.......*

see ya in twenty years.
Supreme Genes ftw!

Llama Juice
April 16th, 2008, 06:00 AM
*looks at grandfarther, Looks at farther.......*

see ya in twenty years.
Supreme Genes ftw!

*throws rocks at you*

Bodzilla
April 16th, 2008, 06:01 AM
^_______________________________^

(smiley not to scale)

Corndogman
April 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
as i was reading this last night i was stuffing my face with 5 pieces of very greasy pizza. as im typing this i have one hand on the keyboard and another resting in a bag of doritos. and i weigh 125 pounds.

Emmzee
April 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
as i was reading this last night i was stuffing my face with 5 pieces of very greasy pizza. as im typing this i have one hand on the keyboard and another resting in my pants.
Fixed.

Also, metabolism is a wonderful thing, but it's a bad thing if you carry your teenage appetite into your 20s or 30s. My grandfather did, and now he's pretty fat and got sleep apnea because of it.

Corndogman
April 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
You see right through me Emmzee. I was going to say that, but i figured id leave it to someone else, and emmzee wins.

paladin
April 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I forgot, I workout everyday on top of my girlfriend ;)

Emmzee
April 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I forgot, I workout everyday on top of my girlfriend ;)
That much pressure can't be good for your hand.

paladin
April 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
What? If anything i'm releasing pressure.

SMASH
April 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I workout in school in a weight training class or else I have a mini-gym in my basement where I can bench, curl, and use free weights to work out. It's cool.

ultama121
April 16th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Are you this kid?
*starwars kid*

No this. 3GJOVPjhXMY

[/slightlymoarbadass]

Llama Juice
April 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
oshi

Also on topic?

no

SoulD3stroyer
April 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
mm i work out several times a week an go mountain biking every weekend

paintballakid5
April 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
No this. 3GJOVPjhXMY

[/slightlymoarbadass]

that is something of what my Brother looks like HAHA!:D

+rep'd

SuperSunny
April 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I go to the gym every other day, and do a 3-set 5-rep exercise, usually ending in a mile or two run, and then come home and gobble up as much as sugar as possible. Then through the day I attempt to consume as much as calories as possible.

Super fast metabolism doesn't really help with gaining muscle mass, but it's working!