PDA

View Full Version : I swear.... >_<

Zeph
April 15th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Some of you might know, but I've been deathly sick the past week or so. Swollen spleen, some long-named infection, sleeping 16+ hours a day, etc. Had a milestone in level design due today, so I showed up to chat with my professor about getting an extension and to try and catch up a bit on getting everything done.

So I chat with my professor and sit down to work on the project at a campus lab computer. A few minutes in, Explorer keeps on opening a window from my local account's document folder. I close it, not paying much attention and continue working. Eventually, a warning window pops up saying there's a trojan horse trying to do its thing. I freak out and unplug my 500GB hard drive with all my stuff on it since I haven't backed up my school projects recently.

WHAT THE FUCK AND GOOD FUCKING JOB ETSU.
[/rant]

I'm now waiting for an email response from OIT to see what I should do. This should only take a couple of weeks.....
Even as I was writing this, Internet Explorer tried to open up. Only thing that stopped it was the "I'm not your default browser, would you like me to be?" window.

Sel
April 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Hahahaha, some of the school computers up here are fucked up with that too, glad I use a laptop.

Doesnt actually connect to the schools internal network.

Also, get better soon Zephy.

ultama121
April 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ouch, that is a wrong place wrong time thing...

Zeph
April 15th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Oh this is great. Just got off the phone with OIT. They said I'd have to get a student worker to fix it. I told them I was a student worker and he said I'd have to talk to the faculty. The faculty told me to call them.

this is wonderful.

Sel
April 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Nice day youre having mister zeph.

Random
April 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Use linux, until its fixed.

I am not being a windows sux linux fanboy btw. Just saying it would work as a virus free computer environment that you could use for school work and internet. You will be able to get and use the files off the hdd without the virus screwing with you.

ICEE
April 15th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Wow I hope you feel better man. Swollen spleen is Nothing to trifle with.. and I really hope your projects don't get fucked over.

n00b1n8R
April 15th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Beurocracy is awesome. :v:

Bodzilla
April 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Dont Die Zeph.
We need a scapegoat.

Randoms idea seems like the winning situation right now, so i'd go with him.

flibitijibibo
April 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Aw. *Hugs remaining hardware, then hugs Zeph*

Response from my brother: "UMD is just as shitty... They're much like high school admins, but much more phail. How that is, I don't really know. Oh well, back to NOT BEING ABLE TO USE TORRENTS. *aggro*"

rossmum
April 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Ouch, man. That blows.

This is why I never, ever hook anything of mine up to public computers.