PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] GoW PC vs. GoW Xbox

KIWIDOGGIE
April 16th, 2008, 07:29 PM
This Says it all! (http://blog.allenthinks.com/news.php?readmore=13)

Hope you enjoy! :lol:

Phopojijo
April 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I didn't realize the lighting engine changed that much.

It's going to change a heck of a lot more though...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30825.html

MMFSdjw
April 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'd love to see more shots.
Between those two I think the xbox version looks more natural.
The PC shadows look nicer but the contrast seems way too high. THe backgound suggests the scene is bright daylight but the foreground seems too dark for that.

SMASH
April 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I think the Xbox one is lower quality because it looks like the picture was taken with a camera aimed at the screen but the PC one is just a screen shot.

Zeph
April 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM
PC version looks right. The 360 version, not at all. Not surprising. If I had the option to make everything bright for a console game I would. Players sit farther away from the screen and need to be able to visually tell the difference between different objects. PC players are typically more concerned with proper lighting.

That, or it could simply be a higher quality lightmap. I mean, look at the textural differences between the two. There are rivets on the aerial vehicle.

ultama121
April 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I think the Xbox one is lower quality because it looks like the picture was taken with a camera aimed at the screen but the PC one is just a screen shot.
*Looks at bottom right of Xbox screenshot*
I don't think that IGN would waste time taking a screenshot on a digital camera. :p

p0lar_bear
April 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Does GoW XBox have an option to alter brightness like Halo 3? They could have just turned it up for the screenshot if so.

flibitijibibo
April 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
p0lar: It does, but rather than make everything bright, it just cranks up the bloom until your eyes bleed. I actually think they brightened up the image post-screen-capture.

With a mid-high end card, Gears looks REALLY good. Not only texturewise, but frameratewise too. Gears 360 ran at, oh I dunno, 15 FPS, and with a good card the PC version runs at 3 times that speed (at least). On my new 8800 Akimbo, I run max settings (minus DX10 because it doesn't do anything) at >75 FPS. Much better than the 360.

klange
April 21st, 2008, 07:08 PM
You can adjust the brightness on your TV/whatever as well - plus contrast and all that good stuff. I can make my 360 GoW look exactly like the first picture - sans the better texture quality.