PDA

View Full Version : [HL2] Get a Life to be realeased April 25

cls
April 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Another long awaited single player mod for Half Life 2, obligatory website link fallows. http://www.getalife-mod.com/

Con
April 18th, 2008, 06:25 PM
looks awesome, I think I might DL it.

blind
April 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Looks neat.

Edward Elrich
April 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Now I have to get the Orange Box so I can play it.

Con
April 18th, 2008, 07:18 PM
theres a few other zombie games coming out in the near future though, like Left 4 Dead and Dead Island.

e: oh, and posession

Ki11a_FTW
April 18th, 2008, 07:21 PM
oh that looks really cool, im gonna get it

Pooky
April 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'll definitely check that out

MNC
April 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
So, 25th's in the past, how's this so far? Haven't had the chance to download so far, let alone know if they've even released it couple of days back.

Pooky
April 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM
It;s good... if you have the patience for it. A lot of stuff isn't explained well/at all within the game, and some trial and error is required. In one part I had to actually enable god mode to get through it because i couldn't figure out why the fuck I was dying.

DrunkenSamus
April 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
It;s good... if you have the patience for it. A lot of stuff isn't explained well/at all within the game, and some trial and error is required. In one part I had to actually enable god mode to get through it because i couldn't figure out why the fuck I was dying.

You need to learn about the healing system so you don't bleed over time and suddenly die.

It's a truly epic mod but you'll see a bit of stuttering from time to time if you don't have a decent machine.

cls
May 9th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Not bad, but not the greatest either. Gameplay is good but the story isn't clear to the player.
The city area textures look like they were taken from Counter Strike:Source for some reason.
It's the only non licensed first person single player total conversation(save for demos) for the Source Engine currently released, so there is little to (fairly) compare Get a Life too. It crashed to the desktop at least once. They should have updated to the Orange Box SDK Base, which would fix crashing and game lag.

DrunkenSamus
May 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Not bad, but not the greatest either. Gameplay is good but the story isn't clear to the player.
The city area textures look like they were taken from Counter Strike:Source for some reason.
It's the only non licensed first person single player total conversation(save for demos) for the Source Engine currently released, so there is little to (fairly) compare Get a Life too. It crashed to the desktop at least once. They should have updated to the Orange Box SDK Base, which would fix crashing and game lag.

The textures were from CS:S. The flowers, fauna, trees, and other props were from CS Source. And btw, you don't need the Orange Box to play this, just HL2