PDA

View Full Version : assasins creed, worth buying?

Tweek
April 19th, 2008, 07:20 AM
is it?

i don't want to do another impulse-purchase, and end up thinking, bleh, wasted money.

edit: this is imed towards the PC version.
i'm also slightly worried about the pc specs. they're rather demanding.

my computer can run Crysis and UT3 without problems. i'm guessing that'll mean it can handle AC on lower settings pretty good too.

PlasbianX
April 19th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well it is fun, but its highly repetitive. I'd still recommend it though.

n00b1n8R
April 19th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Assasins Creed came out on the 360 last year and it has higher specs than crysis? :v:
I hope they did some serious graphical Tweeking.

Patrickssj6
April 19th, 2008, 07:50 AM
we need more comp specs

Kornman00
April 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM
The story line was pretty nice, and yes it is very repetitive, but it's going to be a series and thus has a pretty :gonk:ing cliff hanger. I'm guessing they spent more time on the story line and gfx\animations than actual game play features...

Tweek
April 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM
i read it's only about 20 hours playtime to get trough the game.

now that doesnt say much, because you could "finish" oblivion in a day, but then you'd only have done like 5% of the actual game.
i like to keep paying around.

questions remains: is AC worth the 60 euros :\

Disaster
April 19th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Hmm. I would have to say it is. However the game is easily beaten like others have said. I beat it in about 1 week not playing much every day. Maybe 2 hours a day. Its still fun after you've beaten it also. You have the option of replaying all the fun moments of the game and you can run around and kill random people and see how many people you can kill before the guards overwelm you. Lawl. I would say buy it.

odseraphim
April 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
It's worth buying if you use an Xbox 360 controller (Wired or Wireless (http://x360wc.tripod.com/)). Otherwise? No.

Your PC should easily handle it as mine holds above 30fps at 1440x900, high settings. If you can run Crysis on high, AC is a snack when compared.

Corndogman
April 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I had it for Xbox and it was fun, i can see how using a keyboard and mouse would suck for playing it.

As others have said it gets kind of repetitive after you play it for a while but its definitely worth it when you get to the end. i dont like to beat games too fast so i tried to stretch it out as much as possible over about 2 weeks. even after you beat it there are other smaller objectives you can try to get.

Overall i thought it was very fun, besides the repetitiveness, and had a very good storyline. I mean really, really good. I say its worth it.

TeeKup
April 19th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Listen to Yahtzee's review on the game.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2694-Zero-Punctuation-Assassin-s-Creed

Personally I loved it. Well worth the buy.

Reaper Man
April 19th, 2008, 10:32 AM
D: Assassin's Creed has horrible performance, isn't fun to play on my computer. On xbox it's awesome though.

paladin
April 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yes.

Flyboy
April 19th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Yes.
:mysterysolved:

OmegaDragon
April 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I love Assassin's Creed. I would recommend it. Also, I don't think that the min requirements are well made. It says that it requires a dual core processor to run, but I have an AMD 2.4 ghz processor with an ATI HD3850, and I get about 25-40 fps running almost everything at max in DX10. I have yet to experience any problems with the game other than that one time I got stuck in a bush after an assassination. If you can run crysis and UT3, I am pretty sure you can run this game.

Tweek
April 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
right, i decided to go get it. and yes, it wins.

it also runs like a dream, with everything maxed out (resolution at 1600 by something.)

i shall now continue playing.

thehoodedsmack
April 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Xbox version was great, not sure about PC. I'd just love to see somebody mod the game. Throw in dart guns, or ninja stars, or poison junk, y'know, new ways to kill targets. If something like that ever occurs, go for it. If not, it's really your choice.

Huero
April 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM
i read it's only about 20 hours playtime to get trough the game.

now that doesnt say much, because you could "finish" oblivion in a day, but then you'd only have done like 5% of the actual game.
i like to keep paying around.

questions remains: is AC worth the 60 euros :\
AC is an open world game, so you can mess around a lot in it' a lot of sidequests, too. The climbing is, of course, the best part of the game.

Reaper Man
April 19th, 2008, 08:40 PM
AC is an open world game, so you can mess around a lot in it' a lot of sidequests, too. The free running is, of course, the best part of the game.
Ftfy.

paladin
April 19th, 2008, 10:55 PM
AC is an open world game, so you can mess around a lot in it' a lot of sidequests, too. The climbing is the free running the 'you can assassinate anyone', of course, the best part of the game.

ftfby

Disaster
April 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
No. Not just climbing. I murder innocent people for fun rofl. :awesome:

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I havnt had a chance to play faffing-about creed yet.

:/

Tweek
April 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
i think the game is a bit too easy.

especially in the bits where you have to face off 50 guys in a 20 m² area, you can just counterattack-oneshot a few people, and simply RUN AROUND while you regain health, then continue chopping. low on health? unlock, and sprint in circles around your enemies again. made everything too damn easy. decided to just play it as you were supposed to, and simply cut everyone's necks/knees/shoulders/guts/backs/heads.

(sesly, i love the one where he stabs someone in the head with the shortblade, it made awesome cracking noises :D)

finished the game now, and i guess i'm about 85% completed or so. decided to read the stuff on the computers too, since i stole that docters pen thingy.

i think i'll start faffing about tomorrow :3

honestly, 60 euros well spent. haven't had this much fun in a too damn long time.

PlasbianX
April 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Also once you beat the game, you can replay any section. And whats cool then is, you can assassinate anyone without fear of a bunch of random people wtfchasing you. I have a blast wandering around pwning people like a badass.

Tweek
April 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
but i liked the chasing!!!

i killed every single one of them.

especially at the docks. i just jumped onto one of those small boats, and have 40 of those dudes jump onto the ledge of the boat, 1 swordswipe, PLOOSH, 10 of em in the water. man i was laughing for 5 minutes after that.

Corndogman
April 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
if you walk to the end of the boats and hang down by your hands you go under the water and can see under the water plane. they didn't even bother to add fog underneath =/.

Random
April 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Glad to see that you like the game. People either love it or hate it from my experience, personally I love the game but my friend deleted my saved progress and I stopped playing.

TeeKup
April 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
but i liked the chasing!!!

i killed every single one of them.

especially at the docks. i just jumped onto one of those small boats, and have 40 of those dudes jump onto the ledge of the boat, 1 swordswipe, PLOOSH, 10 of em in the water. man i was laughing for 5 minutes after that.

When you have to kill the templar thats fucking paranoid about everyone and everything, make sure you climb up the back of his boat or you're going to have a hell of a time with the knights in the area.

Corndogman
April 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM
^ I remember that mission. I got really pissed off because I kept jumping into the water.

TeeKup
April 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I got pissed off cause I didn't do it right and was surrounded by 20 fucking knights.

rossmum
April 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I haven't had a chance to play it, but I've watched my friend Nathan play it. Looks fucking awesome.